ADVERTISEMENT

QB Comparison by the Numbers

It's interesting in regards to Landon's column you said fans don't have a right to what is going on behind closed doors yet in the same turn you are telling us what you're being told about or hearing about what is going on with Green behind those same closed doors.

People are always going to talk, especially when friendships are in place, but that's much different than a coach or someone in the AD straight up letting fans in the front door.

That terrible if true. If someone said that about one of my kids I would have broken their leg for them.

I feel this has become the problem for MU and the fans lately.
There lies a line between being critical and condescending.
Critical can be, "Green needs to check down" "Brady cannot catch today, what is wrong with him?" "Why does Doc not call (insert specific play) for that situation?"
Instead its
"Doc is the worst coach in the history of Marshall because he went for it on 4th down and failed"
"Guys, we aren't going to win anymore games this season because Brady couldn't catch anything today."
"Green is not cut out to be a QB, Doc once again blunders being the great recruiter."

I recall reading someone saying, "Our blowout loss at home to NC State showed me we aren't a good team" which is funny that 17 point losses are blowouts now?

It goes beyond merely telling or even at times, complaining about a common mistake and into the realm of downright hatred sometimes.
People seem to just love nitpicking mistakes as a testament of an entire team's performance.
ODU is a good example...how Marshall essentially controlled the game for 55 mins but everyone complained for the 5 min window ODU had a chance to score...and also forget in that 5 mins MU absolutely blew the game open.

All this dislike for Litton, I get it, because I've heard he was a hot-headed jerk, but call him that instead of wishing he breaks his leg and possibly ends his career.

You tend to only bring it up when someone starts to praise Green or elevate him over Thomson. I am not the only one that has raised this issue.

You may not intend to, but it comes off like Thomson is your guy and you're upset when he's not the guy.

I'm not going to lie. I would rather Alex be the starting QB due to the situatiion in place. I've never been shy about stating such, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm a fan and want us to win. If Isaiah starts and wins then so be it, but from the beginning of the season I've been waiting on a time bomb to go off and it finally did. This week will be telling. If Marshall doesn't come out and play their best game of the season this weekend, I think we'll be in for a really rough stretch to end the season.

I like a guy that has an edge to him, but he has to operate (with that edge) in a way that's beneficial to the team. If you're going to be an asshole, you better be an asshole that wins at everything you do (games, workouts, meetings, classroom work, etc). Cato did that (for the most part). Chase and Isaiah had/have room for growth in that department.

Exactly.

I'm not going to lie. I would rather Alex be the starting QB due to the situatiion in place. I've never been shy about stating such, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm a fan and want us to win. If Isaiah starts and wins then so be it, but from the beginning of the season I've been waiting on a time bomb to go off and it finally did. This week will be telling. If Marshall doesn't come out and play their best game of the season this weekend, I think we'll be in for a really rough stretch to end the season.

This game is going to be a big one.
Not because of what you just said but because of the obvious historical impact. Also because MU just lost Devon Johnson.

If there was one positive about 2016 its this team did not allow itself to lose the week of the crash and absolutely demolished MTSU.

I hope it happens this weekend too.

I recall reading someone saying, "Our blowout loss at home to NC State showed me we aren't a good team" which is funny that 17 point losses are blowouts now?

They could have won that game by 30 if they had wanted. They had a three possession lead for the entire fourth quarter and didn't score in the fourth.

At home, down by three possessions to a team that took its foot of the gas, is a blowout.

I would agree with your last sentence. This game will set the tone for the remainder of the season. Bowl game included though I think it's an outside shot we miss a bowl.

I must press on one thing. You said you've been waiting on a time bomb to go off. What is that. Are you saying that USM was due in part to something that Green did? If so what. This goes back to one of my previous posts. This leaves room for so much speculation and this is how rumors about players start that can't be squashed.

To be honest the more I read your posts the more I want Doc to dismiss Green all together. Clearly Alex Thomson cannot play the QB position at a high level at the FBS level. There is no disputing that fact. Stats and eye test prove that out. So if you are willing to ride with a QB that cannot pose a vertical threat because you are so afraid of the alternative then I have to wonder why Doc even still keeps Green here. Either you're blowing things way out of proportion or Doc is turning a blind eye.

I know you have tried to walk it back at times saying it's just a maturity issue with Green. If that is the case and all he needs to grow up that wouldn't be as big of a problem as some of your posts lead on.

I have fallen behind in this conversation. Can someone explain to me where Green's character came into play? What has supposedly happened for his teammates not to like him?

I must press on one thing. You said you've been waiting on a time bomb to go off. What is that. Are you saying that USM was due in part to something that Green did? If so what. This goes back to one of my previous posts. This leaves room for so much speculation and this is how rumors about players start that can't be squashed.

You're a reasonably resourceful guy. I think you can figure it out given recent media coverage.

oh for f*cks sakes. I am not resourceful.... I am 134 years old and can't search this darn internets for what he did. Can someone tell me what the f*cking time bomb was?
meme.jpg

It's the same way with Traylor, Landon, and anyone else that covers the Herd. People always ask why they just lob softball questions to Doc in his pressers(which are complete wastes of time to listen to). The answer is they'll have their access taken. So what good is it to be a reporter if you can't actually report on the team? Don't you dare cross Emperor Doc or you'll never be allowed in the facilities again.

What pisses me off the most about how Doc acts is that he evidently thinks/feels he's earned the right to be that way. His success has been mediocre, at best, other than moral victories. I could somewhat understand this level of arrogance coming from someone who has been successful and earned the respect from fans/alumni through noteworthy accomplishments.

I guess he let his one and only conference championship, in what's arguably the worst conference in I-A, get to his head.

Well, a certain mod did state very clearly that Thomson, without a doubt, would be the day one starter. Given that, maybe the information. Just isn't there to share.

What pisses me off the most about how Doc acts is that he evidently thinks/feels he's earned the right to be that way. His success has been mediocre, at best, other than moral victories. I could somewhat understand this level of arrogance coming from someone who has been successful and earned the respect from fans/alumni through noteworthy accomplishments.

I guess he let his one and only conference championship, in what's arguably the worst conference in I-A, get to his head.

Maybe because Landon decided to write a half researched and very wrong statement about Devon Johnson's back injury and then make up claims about Doc and the AD that turned out to be completely untrue?
Its one thing to be critical, its another to make up useless BS because you don't like someone.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
Maybe because Landon decided to write a half researched and very wrong statement about Devon Johnson's back injury and then make up claims about Doc and the AD that turned out to be completely untrue?
Its one thing to be critical, its another to make up useless BS because you don't like someone.

You have less than 5 posts and you decide to respond to a post about Doc.

Seems legit.

Doesn't mean I haven't been reading whats been said over the last several years.
You know you can view this forum and not post both as a guest and member, right?

Why does your IP show it's coming from Shewey?
YAGS - stop being a dick. Or in your case, don’t be such a big one. You love that internet bully mentality, and seem to never miss a opportunity to embarrass other posters w/o remorse. At least everyone knows your m.o. by now, so it’s no surprise you continue to be such a monumental ass. I’m sure you will have a clever comeback. I am also quite certain that the mysterious Clarence Woodworth will “like” it.....

Reactions: Timtnt9
YAGS - stop being a dick. Or in your case, don’t be such a big one. You love that internet bully mentality, and seem to never miss a opportunity to embarrass other posters w/o remorse. At least everyone knows your m.o. by now, so it’s no surprise you continue to be such a monumental ass. I’m sure you will have a clever comeback. I am also quite certain that the mysterious Clarence Woodworth will “like” it.....

You should see a doctor about your constant erection for me. Your wife may like it, but she'd probably be weirded out if she knew it was about me.

The new poster was a dick to Mlblack first. It's not a good strategy to come onto a board.

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
People on here seem to think it's a status thing to have a certain number of posts.

That comment was about as dumb as your account name.

Post count is often indicative of Trolls. This is why people are going to be quick to question a poster based on post count.

That comment was about as dumb as your account name.

Post count is often indicative of Trolls. This is why people are going to be quick to question a poster based on post count.

Ouch, you hurt my feelings my making fun of a handle on a message board.... you're the winner!

And I don't care what he said or his post total, I just get tired of people whining about how long people have been on the board. What does troll even mean? Who cares if someone comes on here to run their mouth anyway? Isn't that the idea of a message board- to have different opinions? If someone can't take someone mouthing off then they obviously like to take it in the out hole.

Reactions: GoHerdMarshallYes
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT