ADVERTISEMENT

QB Comparison by the Numbers

It might surprise you then that if you ranked the five QBs on the roster in speed and athleticism, AT would be at the top and IG would be near the bottom. And don't think I'm cutting on Green. I'm actually pretty impressed with how much he gets out of his legs considering he isn't particularly fast or nimble.

He looked fine when he scrambled at Little Miami.

can we give the kid a break? smoking a little weed in college shouldn't get your name smeared the rest of your life assuming it is true?

I've had good sources tell me that one of our loud mouth fans shot his mouth off about hoping Litton broke his Legg out in NM. His mom wanted to get at the fan....and that's a big part of why he is gone now. So, maybe one of our fans can take credit for this years situation or share it with the staff and remaining players.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
can we give the kid a break? smoking a little weed in college shouldn't get your name smeared the rest of your life assuming it is true?

I've had good sources tell me that one of our loud mouth fans shot his mouth off about hoping Litton broke his Legg out in NM. His mom wanted to get at the fan....and that's a big part of why he is gone now. So, maybe one of our fans can take credit for this years situation or share it with the staff and remaining players.

That was the idiot Cocky Jeremy, right?

I like you man, but Litton lives rent free in your head. I don't know why you constantly bring him into conversations. He's gone. We'd all be good just to move on from him.

Three things.

1) Foster was suspended right there with him and no one ever says anything negative about him.

2) They were suspended from the WKU game because the coaches caught two girls going to their room the night before.

3) If you honestly believe Litton is the only one on that team that was smoking weed you are really going to be in for a shock. There are some players on this roster and past rosters that would shock people if they knew. They just don't see weed as a big deal. It's dumb and they're gambling with their futures over a high that might last an hour, but it goes on. When TCU was in trouble a few years ago a study was done that showed an alarming number of players per roster smoke weed. Players under Pruett were always smoking. A certain defensive star under Pruett always had black&mild cigars with the tobacco switched out with weed.

I prolly do bring the kid into conversations more than I should. Gotta let it go for sure.

Just to piggy back on this. I have heard about a fan claiming she faked her cancer for the story because she was seeking attention. I read something to that effect over on Herdfans.

For the life of me I will never understand why Chase and his family drew so much hatred from our fans. From day one he was hated on. There's already a like pattern developing with Green due to someone vague accusations.

For the life of me I will never understand why Chase and his family drew so much hatred from our fans. From day one he was hated on.

He had an arrest for breaking into garages and cars to steal things so he could pawn them. He had a strong accusation of sexual assault against him before stepping on campus. Under those circumstances, putting his actions under a microscope isn't unreasonable. His actions while at Marshall only added to any resentment toward him.

He had an arrest for breaking into garages and cars to steal things so he could pawn them. He had a strong accusation of sexual assault against him before stepping on campus. Under those circumstances, putting his actions under a microscope isn't unreasonable. His actions while at Marshall only added to any resentment toward him.

I can't recall any sexual assault charges being discussed and every single person knew when we were recruiting him that he had broken into one garage. There was not multiple. He took some golf clubs and some other things. Anyways it was accepted then. I guess had he won a title it still would have. However none that gives any license for our fans to go at his parents and the cited incident above was not isolated. There were several over the course of his sophomore and junior seasons. A bunch of middle aged men living yheir lives vicariously through some random 18-22 year olds to the point they get so worked up about a stupid sport they don't even play in going after a kids family. There are not excuses for it. None.

Last edited:
I can't recall any sexual assault charges being discussed

Yes, it was a year long stalking injunction issued to him after an ex-girlfriend's nude pictures were posted online and after he obsessively called her after she told him to have no future contact; not sexual assault.

that he had broken into one garage. There was not multiple.

He didn't just break into garages. He also did it to cars.

I'm not justifying comments made about wanting him injured, but there needs to be some context added about why Marshall fans may have already had two strikes against Litton when he first stepped foot on campus. With the background he had coming in, it isn't unreasonable for fans to expect him to be a model student-athlete and react strongly when he made poor decisions.

Yes, it was a year long stalking injunction issued to him after an ex-girlfriend's nude pictures were posted online and after he obsessively called her after she told him to have no future contact; not sexual assault.

I believe this was cleared up. He was not the one that posted them online from what I recall and that he wasn't stalking her. He was trying to call her to apologize. She flipped out (rightfully so) when she learned of the pictures and told him to never speak to her. He ended up clearing it up with her and her father. This was hashed out on here and it only came up before the draft. It was not known or well known prior to that.

We have taken players in with a lot worst pasts than him and they are celebrated. Why? Because they won. That is the only reason fans chose to hate him. He didn't win conference titles.

He did not have the amount of run-ins or incidents while here either. Some point to his cockiness. We have had players that were far more cockier. Everyone loves them some Doug Chapman. That dude was super cocky. The hilarious thing about football fans are they hype these kids up from the time they are 16 years old, pay sub fees to follow them, then tear them down for being cocky.

The hate on Green is hilarious too. Slamming Doc for not being a better recruiter. Everyone loved his film. Same way with Litton, same way with Holcombe, and several other QBs we've brought in. I still remember the posts when Litton signed with people saying we'd be lucky if he didn't turn pro after his junior year.

Now Green has character issues and his teammates hate him. I mean come on. If we were 8-0 right now everyone would be singing his praises.

Win and all is forgiven. If you don't meet fan expectations we'll tear you down and attack your family.

This character assassination garbage of Litton and now Green (which was started and perpetuated by a mod) is why I cancelled my OF subscription.

Last edited:
Litton lost me when he got his jersey number changed to #1 his soph. year. Leaders don't have a look at me mentality. Then he went out and crapped the bed that whole season (when he played).

This character assassination garbage of Litton

It isn't character assassination if it is true.

1) He was arrested for breaking into garages and cars in order to steal things and pawn them.
2) He had a year-long restraining order slapped on him. Judges will approve a temporary, emergency restraining order for safety concerns before there is time for a hearing. After the facts were brought to light, he was still slapped with a year-long order. That isn't innocence.
3) As the starting QB, he was suspended by the coaching staff.
4) As the starting QB, there were numerous issues with fighting with teammates and breaking rules.

I'm not saying the guy is the devil, but with that track record, fans critiquing his character is not out of line.

Obviously having an RS Freshmenas your starting QB is never ideal. That’s happened with our last three QB’s for some reason, Cato was a true freshmen.
Thomson should have sat out this year, his shoulder was not 100% and still isn’t.
The coaches should have known that last winter when limited offers came and UT and Baylor backed off. His family thought he should sit out as well.

Knowing that and the coaches concerns about Green, why the hell did we not go after a healthy Juco or Grad transfer. Ugh!!!

To add to this, according to the HD, Green hadn’t practiced up until the time he was inserted in the game. If that’s true, that’s a huge issue on the coaches and certainly not Greens fault in the least. How could it be? He hadnt played in over a month. Doc isn’t an X’s and O’s guy, never has been.
I saw a clip of players and kids in IPF on Halloween. Green appeared to have boot on. Last Wednesday he was wearing a boot.

You're really not cut out for the job you are suppose to do here. You are negatively impacting your boss's pocket. Never a good thing.

It’s a double-edged sword man.

If you don’t give people inside information then your product isn’t worth the money or you’re holding info.

If you provide information, which some may not want to hear, then you’re “perpuating” stories for personal gain.

If you constantly tell people what they want to hear then sooner or later it’s going to bite you and the truth will come out.

You and others may not like what I have to say, but what I bring to the board is always accurate.

I saw a clip of players and kids in IPF on Halloween. Green appeared to have boot on. Last Wednesday he was wearing a boot.

It was part of his costume. He went dressed up as a D1 quarterback.

perpuating

giphy.gif

but what I bring to the board is always accurate.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I was just quoting another poster with the “perpuating” comment.

And when it comes to bringing actual info (not opinion) to the board, it’s factual.

But I did laugh at The Dude gif.

Both are lemons. I’m tired of the redshirt freshman excuses ehh.. Doc has slowly been letting this program become more and more mediocre. We recruit Florida/Georgia Power5/AAC left overs or non qualifiers. It’s obvious talent is in this state and our coaches decide to pass it up for out of state recruits.. every once in awhile will grab one in state recruit but not enough. I truthfully don’t think Thompson or Greene are the answer and hopefully we don’t see them next year on the field. It’s to time to clean house at QB and HC
Well, you would be wrong on our recruiting of WV. We have actually offered at least 11 recruits scholarships in the 2019 class and have put out several PWOs to in-state recruits as well. In the last three classes we have offered around 25 WV recruits. I'll be honest, that is much more than we ever did when Snyder was coach and the usual numbers would be 5-10 FBS caliber recruits from the state in most years.

Yes lots. One of those things is that the numbers at best are even, and one is a rs freshman in his first real games and the other is an upper classman who has had several years to figure things out.

I know lots have intimated about maturity issues and off the field issues but Doc brought Green in and if he can’t fix those issues he should have brought in a qb who can play until Green grows up and figures the game out.
Doc had the QB, but he declared for the draft. Litton had his own issues, but he is talented and we would likely be 7-1 right now with him at QB. Litton declaring was a shock to the staff and left us in a position where we didn't have a QB behind him that was ready to be a solid FBS QB, and we had stopped recruiting the position in the 2018 class as we had the future 2019 starting QB in-house. Maybe we went after the wrong grad transfer QB to fill the void, but we weren't the only school that wanted Thomson either, so he looked like a good choice with the buzz around him. Well, shit happens and the team has underachieved due to the lack of good QB play.

Knowing that and the coaches concerns about Green, why the hell did we not go after a healthy Juco or Grad transfer. Ugh!!!
The JUCO QB market was barren and closed by the time Litton declared so a grad transfer was the only option.

Could be youth. Cato's first two years he looked scared to death to take off and use to just fall down if he even saw someone about to hit him.
Yeah, if watch Green's videos from high school, he has always been a pocket-passer that could scramble to keep plays alive, but he isn't a runner and his option skills are well below average.

The one this week went right through Henry's hands. It was the same pass he caught for the TD.
His first INT of the season bounced right off of I want to say Williams hands as he was falling to the ground.
He had one at WKU that Brady basically had then inadvertently batted it in the air. Almost look like a set up in volleyball.

So that is 3 of his 7 INTs that weren't on him.
4 were passed that hit receivers in the hands. Green has thrown some bad passes but he should only have 3-4 INTs on the season.

I like you man, but Litton lives rent free in your head. I don't know why you constantly bring him into conversations. He's gone. We'd all be good just to move on from him.

Three things.

1) Foster was suspended right there with him and no one ever says anything negative about him.

2) They were suspended from the WKU game because the coaches caught two girls going to their room the night before.

3) If you honestly believe Litton is the only one on that team that was smoking weed you are really going to be in for a shock. There are some players on this roster and past rosters that would shock people if they knew. They just don't see weed as a big deal. It's dumb and they're gambling with their futures over a high that might last an hour, but it goes on. When TCU was in trouble a few years ago a study was done that showed an alarming number of players per roster smoke weed. Players under Pruett were always smoking. A certain defensive star under Pruett always had black&mild cigars with the tobacco switched out with weed.
Hell, didn't Josh Johnson use play while drunk under Snyder? I believe someone on here said that he use to drink before every game.

That terrible if true. If someone said that about one of my kids I would have broken their leg for them.

It’s a double-edged sword man.

If you don’t give people inside information then your product isn’t worth the money or you’re holding info.

If you provide information, which some may not want to hear, then you’re “perpuating” stories for personal gain.

If you constantly tell people what they want to hear then sooner or later it’s going to bite you and the truth will come out.

You and others may not like what I have to say, but what I bring to the board is always accurate.

Well, the information you choose to share sounds more like the information old bitties at church share instead of the stuff most pay for. You are just too beholden to the staff, much like herdfbtlfan said he was being forced to be, to be of value to the members of this site. We have , and have had, plenty of bad actors on the football team. We've had attitude guys to straight up thugs. Heck, back in the early Donnan days we had some actual Crips on the team. Pruett had plent of bad apples.

The thing that matters is how those misfits come together when the lights go on. What most people want to know is who's going to play, who's going to sign. On those things we get "none of your business" and "secret recruit". You're so tight lipped on everything as not to rile the staff it makes me question the motivation behind you being open on Green. Is that the story somebody wants out there? Are you again just being a conduit for the staff's message? I mean Cato was a huge head case, a lot of his teammates didn't have a deep love for him, but he got it done. Just wonder why one person's attitude is more important than another's at the same position.

I mean Cato was a huge head case, a lot of his teammates didn't have a deep love for him, but he got it done.

The vast difference between Cato and Green is that although other players basically hated Cato, they respected him. I don’t know that the same can be said for Green at this point.

If anybody watched the Southern Miss game it should be clear Green is a much better QB than Thomson. Thomson has no accuracy on mid and long range passes. He is the king of dink and dunk. Anything over 10 yards is a crap shoot. This is not about arm strength either because Thomson has zip on his throws. Thomson is simply not accurate.

Reactions: chuck1069
If anybody watched the Southern Miss game it should be clear Green is a much better QB than Thomson. Thomson has no accuracy on mid and long range passes. He is the king of dink and dunk. Anything over 10 yards is a crap shoot. This is not about arm strength either because Thomson has zip on his throws. Thomson is simply not accurate.

He's not accurate on short throws either. They make up the vast majority of his throws and his overall % is just a nudge over 50%. I do believe his arm affects his downfield throws. Throwing hard from second base to first to first is a lot different from throwing hard from center field to home. I think when he really has to crank that shoulder back for the long throws it's just not there.

The vast difference between Cato and Green is that although other players basically hated Cato, they respected him. I don’t know that the same can be said for Green at this point.

So, our last three QB's have been head cases, with some on the team and media liking them and some hating them. Sounds like a recipe for good chemistry and success. LOL!

No wonder you guys like Thomson, he must seem very normal. I wonder what Morrell thinks about all this? Is he gonna ride it out and get his degree, or transfer after this year and try to play somewhere?

So, our last three QB's have been head cases, with some on the team and media liking them and some hating them. Sounds like a recipe for good chemistry and success. LOL!

No wonder you guys like Thomson, he must seem very normal. I wonder what Morrell thinks about all this? Is he gonna ride it out and get his degree, or transfer after this year and try to play somewhere?

I like a guy that has an edge to him, but he has to operate (with that edge) in a way that's beneficial to the team. If you're going to be an asshole, you better be an asshole that wins at everything you do (games, workouts, meetings, classroom work, etc). Cato did that (for the most part). Chase and Isaiah had/have room for growth in that department.

Neither QB is accurate. Are we really to the point we are going to debate which one is less inaccurate?

We’d be better off picking the over under on miller lites I drink Saturday and whether or not I make it past the west lot portajohns and actually enter the game

I like a guy that has an edge to him, but he has to operate (with that edge) in a way that's beneficial to the team. If you're going to be an asshole, you better be an asshole that wins at everything you do (games, workouts, meetings, classroom work, etc). Cato did that (for the most part). Chase and Isaiah had/have room for growth in that department.

Very well said.

Reactions: marshall_U
Truth hurts man.

Not about truth hurting. I don't appreciate how any time someone posts something positive about Green over you want to come in with a qualifier about his character. It's interesting in regards to Landon's column you said fans don't have a right to what is going on behind closed doors yet in the same turn you are telling us what you're being told about or hearing about what is going on with Green behind those same closed doors.

He earned that respect because he won games. If Green become s a winner he will have respect too. Same as I said about Litton. If he won a conference title or two no one would hardly comment on anything else.

I don't appreciate how any time someone posts something positive about Green over you want to come in with a qualifier about his character.

The only times I’ve mentioned his maturity being an issue was when it was relevant to the conversation.

I’ve never brought it up unless it was warranted.

Well, the information you choose to share sounds more like the information old bitties at church share instead of the stuff most pay for. You are just too beholden to the staff, much like herdfbtlfan said he was being forced to be, to be of value to the members of this site. We have , and have had, plenty of bad actors on the football team. We've had attitude guys to straight up thugs. Heck, back in the early Donnan days we had some actual Crips on the team. Pruett had plent of bad apples.

The thing that matters is how those misfits come together when the lights go on. What most people want to know is who's going to play, who's going to sign. On those things we get "none of your business" and "secret recruit". You're so tight lipped on everything as not to rile the staff it makes me question the motivation behind you being open on Green. Is that the story somebody wants out there? Are you again just being a conduit for the staff's message? I mean Cato was a huge head case, a lot of his teammates didn't have a deep love for him, but he got it done. Just wonder why one person's attitude is more important than another's at the same position.

He just does't want his invite revoked. This was supposed to be an independent fan site that provided "inside" information on the sub forum. Now there's no inside info at all.

I do like some of the articles that are written, but there is way too much "I know _____, but I can't tell you." Can't say it because his invite gets revoked. Look at how he talks about Green. Anything Green does something that puts him ahead of Thomson or someone starts to say something good about Green he'll chime in with some vague post about how we should be careful rooting for him because he has some issues. Then asked to elaborate and he won't because he can't say. Well then why bring it up. Why open that can of worms? While his motive may not be to just tear down Green it sure comes across that way.

It's the same way with Traylor, Landon, and anyone else that covers the Herd. People always ask why they just lob softball questions to Doc in his pressers(which are complete wastes of time to listen to). The answer is they'll have their access taken. So what good is it to be a reporter if you can't actually report on the team? Don't you dare cross Emperor Doc or you'll never be allowed in the facilities again.

So basically when you subscribe to any site or paper you're not getting informative information. You're paying for certain individuals to enjoy hanging out behind the scenes. Even the opinion pieces are skewed so as not to ruffle feathers.

The only times I’ve mentioned his maturity being an issue was when it was relevant to the conversation.

I’ve never brought it up unless it was warranted.

You tend to only bring it up when someone starts to praise Green or elevate him over Thomson. I am not the only one that has raised this issue.

You may not intend to, but it comes off like Thomson is your guy and you're upset when he's not the guy.

Reactions: cottrell75
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT