ADVERTISEMENT

Raoul, About That Premixed Gas

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
Didn't you say you buy that stuff? Damn, that stuff is expensive. I looked at it the other day and some of it was $22 a can. I can mix my own 50:1 for that kind of money.

Yes I did say you could. Yes it is expensive. I don't go through a whole can in a year, so I don't care if it's 20 bucks. I'll throw in a little stabilizer for winter.

Of course you can mix your own too. Me, I'd rather not put ethanol into small engine tools that are rather expensive. If I bought a $20 weed whacker at a yard sale I wouldn't care.

If I bought a $20 weed whacker at a yard sale I wouldn't care.
Sheeeit, if you could buy a gas powered weed eater for $20 from a yard sale you can count on the carburetor sticking from someone running ethanol based fuel.

I bought a gently used snow blower off Craigslist that was a Snapper. It was really old and sat in storage but was from an era before Snapper being bought out and the brand cheapened. But sure enough once winter came that fvcking carb would not allow me to get it running. Started just fine when I bought it on an 80° day.

Luckily, I found a replacement carburetor on Amazon for like $30 and got it running like new.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Shit boys, I run regular gas in all that shit and it works. I just had some gas that was over a year old and got a Troy Built mower than I ahve started in several years and it runs like a champ now. In a pinch, I've run 50 to 1 mixed gas in a regular gas engine(mower). I am not running a race car.

The day is not far off when we all will be sitting around waiting for the lawn equipment batteries to charge. Wait! I’m doing that now!

Reactions: i am herdman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT