ADVERTISEMENT

raoul

MichiganHerd

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 17, 2011
Brewpub w/coeds
From Madison to Bardstown, which route do you think is the best way to go? Both look to be about equal.

One takes you through Jeffersonville, and down 264 through the heart of Louisville, and the other crosses into Kentucky at the bridge in Madison, and hooks up with I-71, which runs into 265.

From Madison to Bardstown, which route do you think is the best way to go? Both look to be about equal.

One takes you through Jeffersonville, and down 264 through the heart of Louisville, and the other crosses into Kentucky at the bridge in Madison, and hooks up with I-71, which runs into 265.
Me, I'd cross the Ohio at Madison. It's a nice drive, and you would avoid the $4.50 toll by mail that either the east end or downtown interstate bridges charge.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
Me, I'd cross the Ohio at Madison. It's a nice drive, and you would avoid the $4.50 toll by mail that either the east end or downtown interstate bridges charge.
I hate tolls. So much so, that most times when I drive down to Holmes County, I'll go down 69 to Fort Wayne and take Route 30 over. Or, get on route 6 south of Toledo and take that over to 250. Cost me $10.75 each way on the Ohio Turnpike to drive for an hour and a half. $20.50 total. That's a 30 pack of natti and a can of skoal for Fan, and two 4-packs of Two Hearted for me, so I damn sure not going to pay $4.50 just to cross a damn bridge.

Bardstown was featured in a television crime story last night. Years ago a patrolman was murdered there then several people connected to him also died in mysterious ways. I wouldn’t go there.

I hate tolls. So much so, that most times when I drive down to Holmes County, I'll go down 69 to Fort Wayne and take Route 30 over. Or, get on route 6 south of Toledo and take that over to 250. Cost me $10.75 each way on the Ohio Turnpike to drive for an hour and a half. $20.50 total. That's a 30 pack of natti and a can of skoal for Fan, and two 4-packs of Two Hearted for me, so I damn sure not going to pay $4.50 just to cross a damn bridge.
It's only $2.25 for me to cross those two bridges because I have an account. Even then, I only use those bridges if I am in a big hurry, I might spend $10 a year on them. The 2nd St Bridge and the I-64 bridge are free, and I usually use those.

Bardstown was featured in a television crime story last night. Years ago a patrolman was murdered there then several people connected to him also died in mysterious ways. I wouldn’t go there.
I watched that on ID. I only wanted to go there to drink at the old Talbott Tavern. Hell, I don't even drink bourbon, so they'd probably consider me to be a queer.

I probably won't bother going down to Bardstown. Checking out the menus, every damn thing they make is bourbon flavored. Bourbon burgers, bourbon ribs, etc.

Just going to hit up Jeffersonville on the way down to hit up Upland, and then head over to Madison. Hopefully will see a party store along the route, as I kind of dig Country Boys Cliff Jumper IPA, and that would make life glorious while sitting around while the old lady shops.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT