ADVERTISEMENT

HERDNATION.COM Recruiting Notes 12/2/21 (Updated at 9pm with Trudell Berry and Elijah Russell tidbits)

Chris McLaughlin

Grammar Snob
Staff
Feb 14, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
marshall.rivals.com
Lots of offers and news to report on today from a recruiting/transfer portal perspective. Going to try and combine all the different threads here into one.

Updated at 2:40 PM (Two Confirmed Official Visitors This Weekend)

HN has learned of two visitors who will be on official visits this weekend.

Sneed recently decommitted from Tennessee and also holds offers from Indiana, Iowa State, Kentucky, Marshall, Pitt, UCS, Wake Forest and WVU. Our sources tell us he will be a tough get but the fact that he's visiting Marshall so soon after decommitting from Tennessee and so close to National Signing Day has to mean something.

He'bert appeared in only seven games during his Northwestern career, which spanned four seasons.

***********************************************************************************

As @Josh Stowers mentioned, former Southern Miss linebacker Michael Pleas will be visiting Marshall on 12/11. Pleas tallied 34 tackles across two seasons at USM and will have three years of eligibility left at his new school. Marshall has not yet offered but Pleas told us MU, along with Toledo, are his favorites right now.

***********************************************************************************

Marshall also recently offered Austin Peay DB Koby Perry. Perry was the 2021 OVC DPOTY.

He has racked up offers from Marshall, Kent State, Liberty, La Tech, MTSU, Charlotte and Ga Southern.

Perry tells HN he doesnt have any visits lined up yet but knows Marshall well because of Coach Bowman and recent MU commit Isaiah Norman.

Elijah Russel has been hard to reach since his OV to Marshall last weekend but he did provide HN some insight into how his visit went:

"My favorite part of the visit was watching the team play against WKU. I would definitely rate the visit a 10/10. Im seriously considering Marshall. I should be deciding next month. I have no other visits set up right now. I will be signing in December if not then February for sure."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News