ADVERTISEMENT

Regarding Moderators

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
By definition a moderator is to supervise and/or oversee something - such as a website. Do you think moderators should be posting and commenting on Herd Nation or only intervene when posts/comments turn personal and/or ugly? What's your thought/s on this?

By definition a moderator is to supervise and/or oversee something - such as a website. Do you think moderators should be posting and commenting on Herd Nation or only intervene when posts/comments turn personal and/or ugly? What's your thought/s on this?

I don't have an issue with a moderator posting their opinion. Of course, with certain moderators, you have to take what they say with a grain of salt as their entire agenda focuses on kissing ass of certain people at Marshall who read the boards and trying to promote their paid site.

***** Many paragraphs seem to have been deleted from this post, even though they were fair criticisms of posts made by moderators which this topic is about. *****

Last edited:

Without me posting, the board's "dank memes" quota would not be met.

I'm curious why you're asking?

I very much enjoy talking about MU sports on this forum. I don't think I should have to give that up just because I run the site.

Reactions: The Real SamC
I don't have an issue with a moderator posting their opinion. Of course, with certain moderators, you have to take what they say with a grain of salt as their entire agenda focuses on kissing ass of certain people at Marshall who read the boards and trying to promote their paid site.

fci4n4.jpg

Can we all just give it a rest? Every discussion lately seems to morph into some version of this one. I haven't been on this forum long but I've enjoyed my time here. I don't always agree with everyone, but it wouldn't be a very interesting board if I did. But this recent back and forth is quite tiresome. We all understand the points made, and perhaps we've all picked sides by now. However, there is no winning at this stage, just redundant bitching and bickering. I'm not siding with anyone, or implying that either side is without merit. I'm just saying that it's way past time to put this argument behind us.

Basketball season is winding down. Spring Football starts one month from today. We're all Marshall fans; let's get back on the same side of the field.

I think there is way too much of calling people names and berating their opinions here instead of discussing opposing opinions. I myself have done that on occasion.

We are need to settle down, just because there is differing opinions on a subject does not mean that person is an idiot or any of the other personal names I see people called here. It is getting as bad as political discussions on the other board here. The difference is we all are Herd fans regardless here, not separated by R and D.

Go Herd, I always wish the best for our scholl and the atletics department regardless of direction. Sometimes we disagree about the direction just does not mean the opposing view does not have the right to express their opinion. If the people in Washington could do that we all would be much better off. If we could all keep that in mind here our school, fans, atheletes and studants would be also much better off.

[QUOTE="herdftblfan, post: 443935, member: 232" They also moderate as a courtesy with no compensation.[/QUOTE]

Spoken like a true West Virginian - I aint gettin paid then I aint doin no work. :)

Mods in my opinion become far too involved from time to time - put the smack board back and as far as moderating the main board..piece of cake and WITHOUT COMPENSATION. :eek:

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
I'm curious why you're asking?

I very much enjoy talking about MU sports on this forum. I don't think I should have to give that up just because I run the site.

In my opinion...you are very professional & fair.......Heck, you keep me in line (difficult at times).....LOL

HerdZilla22 (Sweeney) in Charlotte

This Y.A.G.s poster seems to know what he's talking about. Why do his posts continue to be censored? He brings great insight into the thread discussions. Are his posts being deleted?

Stoney is a closet Marshall fan. he paraded around as a WVU clown for years on the smack board. he was outed much like the guy in my avatar pic...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT