ADVERTISEMENT

Researchers develop the whitest paint in the world that could reduce the need for air conditioning

Chevy1

Platinum Buffalo
Oct 26, 2002
I apologize in advance if this is old news...but I thought it was interesting enough to share:

In an effort to curb global warming, Purdue University engineers have created the whitest paint yet. Coating buildings with this paint may one day cool them off enough to reduce the need for air conditioning, the researchers say.

In October, the team created an ultra-white paint that pushed limits on how white paint can be. Now they’ve outdone that. The newer paint not only is whiter but also can keep surfaces cooler than the formulation that the researchers had previously demonstrated.

“If you were to use this paint to cover a roof area of about 1,000 square feet, we estimate that you could get a cooling power of 10 kilowatts. That’s more powerful than the central air conditioners used by most houses,” said Xiulin Ruan, a Purdue professor of mechanical engineering.

Purdue University engineers have created the whitest paint yet.
614o5i.jpg

Racist ass paint. I’m not paying attention to this until paints with color get their own article.
I figured you Trumpers would be hand-raisers for this shit. Saves money and it's the whitest of white....is there a down side for you guys?

The paint probably costs way more than the savings you would get. And likely looks shitty.

This is dumb as hell. WV Tech engineers would know that this is an idiotic waste of time and money.

Rumor has it they developed it based upon the DNA coding for the pigment in Shaun Kings skin.

So white it thinks the pinnacle of athletic achievement is running a marathon. The paint also did a semester abroad and is really into third world travel and getting worthless liberal arts degrees.

At the local Sherwin Williams

I will take 5 gallons of AryianTone 365 please

I really can't tell the difference between that and just a piece of notebook paper.

This is what happens if you try to go get advanced degrees in engineering instead of getting a job. You waste decades researching stuff that likely is a whole lot of nothing.

Some research ends up great, but 90 some percent of it is just government funded waste that leads nowhere. Go to the math department and look at what you end up if you hang around there doing advanced stuff. You end up nuts talking about games where you draw infinite circles inside each other for nothing.

I've seen it. I got the hell out of it as quick as I could.

Back to the point. Air conditioning removes humidity from the air, correct? How is white paint going to do that?

There days where I live I have run the air conditioning and heater in the same day. I have run the air conditioning in Jan, Feb or maybe the heater.

I can't imagine saying wow Savannah Georgia is great with really white paint in July. Get rid of my air conditioner.

Sitting down there with my colored friends on the Mississippi Delta, listening to Percy Sledge, but we're okay in the white house w/o AC. Ignore Tyrone over there. He's not sweating, he's just crying to the lyrics of when a man loves a woman.

Back to the point. Air conditioning removes humidity from the air, correct? How is white paint going to do that?

There days where I live I have run the air conditioning and heater in the same day. I have run the air conditioning in Jan, Feb or maybe the heater.

I can't imagine saying wow Savannah Georgia is great with really white paint in July. Get rid of my air conditioner.
Good point...perhaps more dehumidifiers. Plus, down there...I don't see it replacing A/C - it may reduce the time ac would run.... assuming it works.

Reactions: i am herdman
Well, I want to know how the white paint removes the humidity from the air. hell, I will paint the house white if helps. But, what is your answer and how does it do that?
What part of "NO" do you not understand? Idiot.

It doesn’t help at night either, so anywhere you’re running it at night you’ll be running it anyway (although your house may be less hot to begin with so maybe it won’t need as much.)

This kind of just falls into all the other weatherproofing steps though, like making sure things are sealed up, reflective windows, etc. Helps reduce AC requirements but isn’t going to eliminate them. Modern houses are not built in a way to remove AC because they don’t have the good air-flow older houses did.

I figured you Trumpers would be hand-raisers for this shit. Saves money and it's the whitest of white....is there a down side for you guys?
Yes, I want the earth to warm up. More Co2 makes for a greener earth. I will continue to spray aerosols (including coronavirus) into the atmosphere to usher in more warming. I'll also paint everything gloss black.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT