ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers game??

Rutgers cancelled the UCLA series those years because they decided to play Syracuse instead in same dates. So it is UCLA who has those openings now.

Reactions: Herd Fever
As much as I'd love to see us play in the Rose Bowl, UCLA only draws 50-55k for an average home game (far from campus, not a college city, and not the #1 team in town), and most of their OOC games seem to be home and home, not writing a big check. Plus expensive travel would come out of that lesser payment. Might be more likely to get a million $ one and done from someone who regularly draws 80k+ and/or always sells out.

As much as I'd love to see us play in the Rose Bowl, UCLA only draws 50-55k for an average home game (far from campus, not a college city, and not the #1 team in town), and most of their OOC games seem to be home and home, not writing a big check. Plus expensive travel would come out of that lesser payment. Might be more likely to get a million $ one and done from someone who regularly draws 80k+ and/or always sells out.

LA is a College Football City but you have to be a winner. Chip can build a winner at UCLA.

Michigan has an opening for 2021, and likely looking for a G5 opponent, since the other 11 are already against P5 competition. Good payout, but you'll need to go there.

Michigan has an opening for 2021, and likely looking for a G5 opponent, since the other 11 are already against P5 competition. Good payout, but you'll need to go there.

Sounds like a great opportunity, Dreh. MU has played at other very big venues since jumping up from 1-AA: Horseshoe at OSU, Neyland Stadium, twice, in Knoxville, the Swamp at Florida, between the Hedges at Jawjuh, Camp Randle at Wisconsin, Williams Brice at USC, and again this season, and Clemson's Death Valley.

Why not the Big House? Closer than Wisconsin, Florida. Have also played MSU at East Lansing in the past. If I were Hammy I'd be ringing the phone at the AD's office in Ann Arbor off the hook!

Wonder how many tickets UM would provide a G5 program like MU? IMO, they would be in high demand among the Herd faithful, especially those having visions of another Appy State shocker!! :D

Reactions: chuck1069
LA is a College Football City but you have to be a winner. Chip can build a winner at UCLA.

I disagree a bit Fever. LA other than the Dodgers is a front runner city. Any of the college or pro teams win big the fans show up but if they are mediocre or bad attendance and interest stinks.

I usually go to 1 USC game a year and if they are in contention to win the PAC 12 or go to the playoffs or a big bowl game the attendance and atmosphere is great. If they are 8-4 or 7-5 there will be tons of open seats and the atmosphere sucks.

UCLA for football is even worse. If Chip Kelly turns them into his Oregon teams then the Rose Bowl will be packed weekly but if its more of the mediocre you can expect plenty if available seats when they are home.

Reactions: Herd Fever
Since I been in California I have been to both the Rose Bowl for UCLA and Stanford last year and USC and Texas this year and both games was packed

I do understand the pecking order in LA is Lakers, Dodgers, USC Football, UCLA Basketball then everyone else.

Reactions: caliherd
curious what part of LA you guys live in... where you are and where you have to go are keys there. Love the area, but getting anywhere is an ordeal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT