ADVERTISEMENT

Scheduling Snafu

muthed

Silver Buffalo
Aug 25, 2018
Got a dilemma coming up Saturday. Herd vs. Ga. Southern football at 6 pm on +. Herd vs. Coppin St. bball at 7 pm on +. How can our AD put together a schedule like this?
Next Saturday is similar except both fb and bb are at home so I doubt they would be scheduled at the same time. Although, you never know.

Unlike CUSA, every other conference does not set its start times in stone pre-season. Rather the rights holder(s) have an elaborate system of rights to dictate game time starts based on how the season is going. The AD really has nothing to do with it.

Got a dilemma coming up Saturday. Herd vs. Ga. Southern football at 6 pm on +. Herd vs. Coppin St. bball at 7 pm on +. How can our AD put together a schedule like this?
Next Saturday is similar except both fb and bb are at home so I doubt they would be scheduled at the same time. Although, you never know.
ESPN has a 12 day window to set the game times for the football games and Dan made the MBB schedule. Not sure how tipoff times work there, but you can blame him for the dates overlapping I guess.

Considering there are 20 some basketball games remaining and only 2 regular season football games left I'd lean toward football.

I have a much bigger dilemma. My football game starts at noon, and I'm not sure if I'll be passed out or not by the time the Herd games are on.

control room spy GIF by trainline

Can you stream 2 games at the same time on the same tv? I'm not a techie.
They will both be on ESPN+ so you can watch live and switch back and forth or after the games are over they both will be there on demand for you to watch.

Next Saturday the home football game is a Noon kick against Ga. State -- That was announced on Monday.

The Morehead basketball game will likely be announced as a 4 p.m. or later tip-off either today or tomorrow.

The smart move would be to play football at noon and basketball at 4-5 p.m.... Try to catch some of the football crowd without them going home and having to come back later.

Easy decision. It is football season. The basketball team lost to Queens. They get put to the back burner for me. Sometimes you have to have tough love. You just go sit over in the corner for a minute.

Depending on what brand of “smart TV” or device you have, ESPN+ lets you stream 6 things at once on one screen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT