ADVERTISEMENT

Senate passes permanent DST

so it would be daylight longer in the evenings? Let's be sure that congress doesn't **** this up.

Reactions: johns1124
Correct. It would stay on the time that it is now, and wouldn’t flip back in the winter. Later sunrises in the winter but daylight when people get home from work.
Damn it, Pelosi and McCarthy better swallow their damn pride and work this thing through or I am going to be pissed. I have waited on this my whole life. This would be some of the biggest bipartisan legislations in decades, maybe ever. I hate that getting dark bull shit at 5pm.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
I'd rather see the sun come up here at 9 a.m. in the winter, as long as I can keep it not getting dark until after 10:00 or 10:30 in the summer. My colored friends next door enjoy being out on the porch listening to outlaw country in July and August.

Reactions: marshallisqbu
Correct. It would stay on the time that it is now, and wouldn’t flip back in the winter. Later sunrises in the winter but daylight when people get home from work.

That would depend on your latitude. If you are in So. Cal may be ok, up in Washington maybe not. States should relegate it.

Damn it, Pelosi and McCarthy better swallow their damn pride and work this thing through or I am going to be pissed. I have waited on this my whole life. This would be some of the biggest bipartisan legislations in decades, maybe ever. I hate that getting dark bull shit at 5pm.
For real. And it passed the Senate unanimously so hopefully nobody feels the need to get their name in the news by blocking it in the house. It’s so dumb.

Reactions: i am herdman
That would depend on your latitude. If you are in So. Cal may be ok, up in Washington maybe not. States should relegate it.
I do not want to have to reset my damn clock every time I cross state lines. You think Seattle enjoys their 4:18 PM sunsets during the winter?

Only for two weeks after the change. If you don't want to change your clock then move to Arizona, they don't have it.

And by the way, if high latitude states or whoever didn’t want it, their senators probably wouldn’t have unanimously voted for it, right?

Looks like we will still need to change them two more times. It is all about saving, not the savings.

I don’t care which one they go with just get rid of the damn time change
If they go with getting dark at 530, then I am going to turn into like Kate. That shit is depressing. There would be no need to live anymore.

Let’s change it a bit every month so the sun always goes down at 7:30. I don’t care if it doesn’t come up till noon, I’m working that whole time anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT