ADVERTISEMENT

Shonda Stanton to IU Softball

I was wondering what was taking so long for a school that can pay decent money for non revenue sports to grab her away.

Hoosiers gain is a BIG loss for Herd Athletics. Who is Hammy going to rely on now to produce a rare, once every 5 years or so CUSA sports championship at MU now that she's gone? During his "sterling" tenure as AD she's been consistently producing teams that almost annually contend for conference titles. Good luck at IU, Shonda. Hope she'll be willing to play the Herd ever so often.

I for the life of me just can't figure out why eerbillys live on our boards , yet are afraid to play in anything in Huntington? If your not going to come to Huntington why live on our boards?

The gold standard at wv is pop gun target shooting which 100% of America knows nothing about and has no interest.

The gold standard at wv is pop gun target shooting which 100% of America knows nothing about and has no interest.

GreenDuke, you referring to the rifle team that wins all those championships among the 12 to 15 schools out of well over 300 D1 schools who even bother to have a rifle program???

Here we go again. A thread is created regarding the Marshall softball team and the great coach who has accepted a job at Indiana University and suddenly this has broken down to criticizing WVU. If you wouldn't respond and bait them into responding back just let it go. As Herd fans we simply need to be proud of Coach Stanton, the team, and season.

Marshall should look at Chris(tine) Cochran. She was a Marshall assistant for four years. She has also been an assistant at Rutgers, Ball State, Iowa State, and played at Iowa. She has also been a head coach at Brown and Bethune-Cookman.

While at Cookman, she won the conference in 2010, 2011, and 2012. In 2013, they finished second, yet she was still named as the conference coach of the year. In 2014, they again were in first in the conference entering the last weekend of the season. She was shockingly terminated on that last weekend of the season, while on her way to winning the conference for the fourth time in five years.

The downside is that she is in the middle of a federal lawsuit against Cookman, but she can coach her ass off and was previously at Marshall for four seasons:

http://www.news-journalonline.com/news/20161003/former-coach-of-year-sues-b-cu-for-discrimination

I noted on another board that since the Herd started softball in 1994, we've only had 2 head coaches. That's pretty amazing in 23 years.

I can only imagine Missy Frost gets an interview. She is a former Marshall player, and her record at D2 Indianapolis over the last four years is remarkable.

I can only imagine Missy Frost gets an interview. She is a former Marshall player, and her record at D2 Indianapolis over the last four years is remarkable.

I imagine M. Hamrick is making/has made a short list of potential coaching candidates. First thing he probably did was to find out whether Coach Stanton plans on taking any MU assistants to IU, and whether any of them want to go with her.

The hiring of the new women's basketball coach had no search at all. Hamrick simply gave it to an assistant coach. I have no doubt he will follow the same pattern for softball. He doesn't like getting out of his comfort zone! JMO. In other words why have any list - short or long, to find a replacement for one of the best coaches and successfull we have had. Hamrick likes the easy way.

If you wouldn't respond and bait them into responding back just let it go. As Herd fans we simply need to be proud of Coach Stanton, the team, and season.

I am proud of the team. As to not responding? I love bitch slapping ignorant eerbillys, why would I not respond? It's a personal goal each day to at least try and insult 1 eerbilly either on a board or maybe walking past them at a grocery store in Atlanta. So no, they are like Muslim killers of innocent people to me.

I know those actions got me banned on the bitch board, maybe it will here too. You don't see Marshalll people posting on Vernins board so why do we tolerate them here? They won't play?

As for the bitch board, all,it is is negative which is allowed, bitch slap an ignorant eerbilly and your gone.

So Greenhouse why don't you create your own " Insult an Eerbilly" board and go post all the insults you want and get off here with your constant whining about WVU. Sign up for their board. See how long you survive!

Reactions: Ninegate
The hiring of the new women's basketball coach had no search at all. Hamrick simply gave it to an assistant coach. I have no doubt he will follow the same pattern for softball. He doesn't like getting out of his comfort zone! JMO. In other words why have any list - short or long, to find a replacement for one of the best coaches and successfull we have had. Hamrick likes the easy way.
how do you know it had no search at all?? Perhaps MH is always looking and talking to people, but decided to go with who he knows best. He could have met with 3 different coaches, at 3 different locations, unbeknownst to everyone and made his decision.

Well slugo I don't know but it sure looks like MH took the easy way out - for women's basketball and now softball. Not that an assistant coach would not be good. But if you check the new head coaches were approved almost immediately so how could there have been any search - let alone advertise the positions.

I made sure Mike was aware of her. I sent him her bio a couple days after Shonda announced she was leaving.

Well slugo I don't know but it sure looks like MH took the easy way out - for women's basketball and now softball. Not that an assistant coach would not be good. But if you check the new head coaches were approved almost immediately so how could there have been any search - let alone advertise the positions.
maybe he has done a search knowing this was going to happen, and had a ready list in case it did. Most good AD's do this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT