ADVERTISEMENT

So Next Up the Dukes

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
Of James Madison who went down at Georgia Southern yesterday (Saturday) being upset - I guess, by score of 45 to 38 more than likely knocking JMU out of the top 25. Hope we show up to play next Saturday.

Lol, we have about a 5% chance.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

they are going to torch us unless we can move the ball and control the clock. They moved the ball very quickly downfield last night. Except a turnover they win that game

they are going to torch us unless we can move the ball and control the clock. They moved the ball very quickly downfield last night. Except a turnover they win that game
Well the only way we control the clock is if we use the entire play clock on all three of our downs and then punt.

Reactions: goherdorgohome2
GA Southern QB had a great game with 578 yards passing so looks like JMU pass defense is not very strong!

Tickets are now posted for roughly $150, so roughly $385 after fees.
For Marshall vs James Madison? I have been to Auburn vs Alabama and not payed that.. Been to NFL games and not dropped. No way I would drop $600 bucks on that football(tickets, meals, gas, hotel, etc.) .

I like how we are going to be “torched”. Even though no one has torched us all year. Cool.
IMO this is the best QB we have faced. If we stay on the field we are going to get torched. If we can balance TOP well then maybe not. Hope you are right and I am wrong on this Aaron. He threw for 468 yards yesterday

Last edited:
It would have been more than worth it for the 2013 game.
Oh yehh. I went in 2015 and 2016. Once at Auburn and once at Alabama. Alabama went on to win the national championship. Saw Derrick Henry in 2015 and Jalen Hurts in 2016.

Reactions: herdfan06
Among the many non-favorable points in this matchup -- This is a huge game for JMU. They are going to be fired up coming off a loss (that they should have won).

The question is, do our guys view this game the same way? Are we going to be fired up to go play at JMU?... Based on the past 4 games, Im doubtful.

+ it’s their Homecoming game! We seem happy to oblige a fired up crowd (see BGSU) on their Homecoming weekend. Unless we are starting a different QB (yes, one of the freshmen) or the Red Sea parts and Rasheen Ali emerges to form the Dynamic Duo w/Laborn, and we can just run the ball down the Dukes’ throats, it’s going to be a long afternoon for the Herd.

The only hope for this season is that Colombi is benched and Fancher provides some spark to the offense. Even then though I don't think Huff and Trickett know how to use him correctly as evidenced by the 2-pt conversion play from last week. Even the commentators couldn't believe that's what we went with.

We still have three unproven freshman QBs who Huff could play in four games each without penalty to their collegiate status: Peter Zamora, Chase Harrison, and Cole Pennington. With the team now at 3-3 and 6 remaining games hopefully Huff will begin inserting these three to see their capabilities. Personally I don’t see what many on here see in Fancher other than he is willing to run. Zamora was recruited by Huff, came early to Huntington and worked hard all summer and also worked out with a former pro in Florida before coming here. Give the young man a shot.

We still have three unproven freshman QBs who Huff could play in four games each without penalty to their collegiate status: Peter Zamora, Chase Harrison, and Cole Pennington. With the team now at 3-3 and 6 remaining games hopefully Huff will begin inserting these three to see their capabilities. Personally I don’t see what many on here see in Fancher other than he is willing to run. Zamora was recruited by Huff, came early to Huntington and worked hard all summer and also worked out with a former pro in Florida before coming here. Give the young man a shot.
While I don't think that happens this week... We may very well start holding auditions before this season ends if a bowl game is off the table. Zamora, Pennington and Harrison all played against Norfolk State, meaning they can appear in 3 more games without burning their redshirts.

I don't think many of us view Fancher as the answer long term, but if he is serviceable I'd rather play him than risk running the freshmen out there and getting them killed behind our pathetic offensive line.

None of the freshmen are going to save this season, so you have to weigh risk versus reward of playing them at all.

So we're a 12 point plus dog against essentially a Division 1-AA/FCS team in its "transition year" to FBS! Sounds like it should be a "cakewalk" for MU! However, one BIG Problem: MU is playing like a NAIA team in its "transition" year to Division 3 Football!!

Reactions: johns1124
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT