ADVERTISEMENT

Something I Cannot Believe Was Said

Elmore & Burks are fine. Bulk Elmore up to look like Giddy Potts and see how stiff he becomes with the ball. He and Burks can add some strength, but it isn’t a huge issue.

Penava sliding to the 4 and adding a little muscle will benefit him a lot. He put on 20lbs last offseason, so it’s not like he isn’t working at it. And like I said, he should be a redshirt sophomore, not a junior.
Yes, we definitely do. Duval (strength coach) will spend the entire summer in the weight room with these guys.

Reactions: TeenWolfChubby
That is the plan. He has also wanted to redshirt George next year but now that he has played so well lately, he is struggling with that decision now.
What about Bledsoe? He looks like a redshirt year to get into better shape would help him as well. Since Cook and Bennett will be in the rotation guys like Bledsoe, George, and Brooks wont play much with all these seniors. I would redshirt all of them.

Every single one of them needs to hit the weights and hit them hard from now until the next basketball season starts. If the players and the team want to step up to the next level it is what they need to do. It should be abundantly clear to the entire team how every single one of them was pushed around and out muscled. We as fans see this and you can bet the pro scouts see this if our guys are thinking of a career after Marshall basketball.

What about Bledsoe? He looks like a redshirt year to get into better shape would help him as well. Since Cook and Bennett will be in the rotation guys like Bledsoe, George, and Brooks wont play much with all these seniors. I would redshirt all of them.
Cook won’t cut into George’s playing time. George will be kicking up to play more of the 3 while adding depth to the 4. Brooks could redshirt because he’ll be a 3 who can kick up or down into the 2 or 4 positions depending on his size/skill development. There’s going to be a log jam at our 2-4 positions next year with Burks, Watson, West, Dillon, George, Williams all being possibilities. Don’t see Brooks cracking in there as a freshman with the high ceiling he could have as a senior—similar to Williams as a true freshman.

Bledsoe impressed me in preseason practice. I just don’t see it translating to the court on game nights. It might be time for him to move on and find a better situation. The players we have coming in just keep passing him up.

Reactions: kdbherdon
Cook won’t cut into George’s playing time. George will be kicking up to play more of the 3 while adding depth to the 4. Brooks could redshirt because he’ll be a 3 who can kick up or down into the 2 or 4 positions depending on his size/skill development. There’s going to be a log jam at our 2-4 positions next year with Burks, Watson, West, Dillon, George, Williams all being possibilities. Don’t see Brooks cracking in there as a freshman with the high ceiling he could have as a senior—similar to Williams as a true freshman.

Bledsoe impressed me in preseason practice. I just don’t see it translating to the court on game nights. It might be time for him to move on and find a better situation. The players we have coming in just keep passing him up.
Danny plans on redshirting Cam. As for Phil, he gives you offense and rebounding but hurts defensively.
If you watch us, you know Danny wants to push their guy into the baseline with a guard and wing, Then we expect one of the bigs to cut off their drive along the baseline to the basket. Time after time Phil is late getting there giving them an open lane to the rim. That is when you see Danny explode and Phil come to the bench for a week or two.

Reactions: Sean Hammond
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT