ADVERTISEMENT

Southwest CEO: Masks Don't Add Much On Planes, American Airlines Agrees

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
Ding, Ding.

Greed, the backlash begins. People are tired of the bull shit

The CEOs of two of the nation's major airlines say they don't think wearing masks on planes does much to help limit exposure to Covid.
The comments from American Airlines (AAL) CEO Doug Parker — the nation's largest carrier — and Southwest (LUV) CEO Gary Kelly came during a hearing about the financial support that airlines received from the federal government in 2020 and 2021. But the topic of masks arose via a question from Sen. Roger Wicker, the ranking Republican on the Senate committee holding the hearing.
"I think the case is very strong that masks don't add much, if anything, in the air cabin environment. It is very safe and very high quality compared to any other indoor setting," said Kelly.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
Ding, Ding.

Greed, the backlash begins. People are tired of the bull shit

The CEOs of two of the nation's major airlines say they don't think wearing masks on planes does much to help limit exposure to Covid.
The comments from American Airlines (AAL) CEO Doug Parker — the nation's largest carrier — and Southwest (LUV) CEO Gary Kelly came during a hearing about the financial support that airlines received from the federal government in 2020 and 2021. But the topic of masks arose via a question from Sen. Roger Wicker, the ranking Republican on the Senate committee holding the hearing.
"I think the case is very strong that masks don't add much, if anything, in the air cabin environment. It is very safe and very high quality compared to any other indoor setting," said Kelly.

Attaboy IDIOT. You're taking medical advice from governors and CEOs. oath breaker.

I watched the song.

At the end, he put the damn thing back on and caved. Ruined the whole video just like Trump ruined his whole presidency by caving to the bullshit.

I thought it was going to be good, then another punch in the balls. Sickening.

That's why I don't have wife though. No wife, no kids, no friends, no damn anything so I can hide from everybody and not wear the damn mask ever.

Reactions: i am herdman
I have flown 100K plus per year for the past 10 years or do. As much as I HATE wearing a mask, being on that enclosed metal vessel with 50-200 other people from all over the place, there is a small bit of comfort that peoples spittle and other oral and nasal discharges are confined to themselves within that mask!

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
there is a small bit of comfort that peoples spittle and other oral and nasal discharges are confined to themselves within that mask!

Very exciting. I would calculate it to be 0.00001% though if you include wiping their hands on the seats, whatever people do in the bathrooms on there, people who raise and lower the mask as they get tired of suffocating, and then there's the fact that the material is about as much a barrier as a red piece of paper against a herd of charging bullfighters.

Way more comfortable than just sitting there without a mask and just inhaling raw sewage in peace.

• Haha
Very exciting. I would calculate it to be 0.00001% though if you include wiping their hands on the seats, whatever people do in the bathrooms on there, people who raise and lower the mask as they get tired of suffocating, and then there's the fact that the material is about as much a barrier as a red piece of paper against a herd of charging bullfighters.

Way more comfortable than just sitting there without a mask and just inhaling raw sewage in peace.
You're an idiot.

Neither one of us will ever get on a plane again anyway.

Exiled to Wayne and Mason Counties respectively. Sometimes I still think about driving to Columbus for stuff, but of course always chicken out. Once you're this old, it's just too much hell.

I have flown 100K plus per year for the past 10 years or do. As much as I HATE wearing a mask, being on that enclosed metal vessel with 50-200 other people from all over the place, there is a small bit of comfort that peoples spittle and other oral and nasal discharges are confined to themselves within that mask!
Honestly it would be nice even without a pandemic. I'd also like to see muzzles for some passengers, and liquid vallum given to babies and children.

That's why we're really doomed though.

People really think the mask does something. Unless you completely seal in everything at all times, which means suffocation and death to whoever wears the device, it's a structural failure.

Like building a bridge out of pop cans or patching potholes with paper wads.

why can't they leave it up to the individual at this point. Wear one if you like and don't if you don't want to.

If it is that damn risky why do you do it?

I told a guy that one time. The virus, this and the virus that and talking about going to the grocery store. I said well so you are willing to die over a box of Fruit Loops and a bottle of ketchup? He looked at me and I said well if it is that bad then you are willing to die over going to Food Lion. Think about it.

That's why we're really doomed though.

People really think the mask does something. Unless you completely seal in everything at all times, which means suffocation and death to whoever wears the device, it's a structural failure.

Like building a bridge out of pop cans or patching potholes with paper wads.
Worlds most deadliest thing ever and a 10 cent mask is going to save you.

Worlds most deadliest thing ever and a 10 cent mask is going to save you.

People need to admit it's a fashion statement and that's it. It does not guard or protect anything. Only use it may have is if you really are afraid to show your face.

It makes me uneasy as hell when people talk to me with them on. How can you trust someone who's covering up half their damn face? I never could look people in the eye, but at least my whole face is there for them to spit on if they feel like it.

If I can't drive it, I ain't going. No more flying for me, unless it's a work thing on a private jet. Even then, I'll fake an illness, give multiple other excuses for reasons I can't go. Not sure why anybody needs to fly anywhere these days, especially for work purposes. Just dial up somebody you don't really like on a Teams or Zoom call. Same results, without having to pretend you're happy to see the person. I can drive anywhere within 8 hours, so if there's nothing within an 8 hour radius you can see, then there's really no reason to go anywhere. Stay home. That's what Fauci wants everybody to do anyways, and I'm okay with all that. Wife might let me go to Costco with her on Saturday, and if that ends up happening, that will be the furthest from home I've been in two years, which is about 24 miles away.

If it is that damn risky why do you do it?

I told a guy that one time. The virus, this and the virus that and talking about going to the grocery store. I said well so you are willing to die over a box of Fruit Loops and a bottle of ketchup? He looked at me and I said well if it is that bad then you are willing to die over going to Food Lion. Think about it.
I am not afraid of the risk, but I have to be there so if the experts think that it affords a little extra protection, whats wrong with it? The thing is, Id still be there and ok with it if they dropped the mask requirement. All I said is that its kinda nice to not have other peoples nasal and oral discharges floating around in the air. You do know that is how the virus is transmitted right, through droplets and particles which the mask DOES help prevent from spreading.

If I can't drive it, I ain't going. No more flying for me, unless it's a work thing on a private jet. Even then, I'll fake an illness, give multiple other excuses for reasons I can't go. Not sure why anybody needs to fly anywhere these days, especially for work purposes. Just dial up somebody you don't really like on a Teams or Zoom call. Same results, without having to pretend you're happy to see the person. I can drive anywhere within 8 hours, so if there's nothing within an 8 hour radius you can see, then there's really no reason to go anywhere. Stay home. That's what Fauci wants everybody to do anyways, and I'm okay with all that. Wife might let me go to Costco with her on Saturday, and if that ends up happening, that will be the furthest from home I've been in two years, which is about 24 miles away.
I, along with several other reps, just told the company this for a big conference coming up in 2022. I just said, I am not going through that bull shit to go to that destination. Then, put up with their woke bull shit there. I thought they would bitch and moan and try to make us go. They said ok, no problem you are off the list.

I am not afraid of the risk, but I have to be there so if the experts think that it affords a little extra protection, whats wrong with it? The thing is, Id still be there and ok with it if they dropped the mask requirement. All I said is that its kinda nice to not have other peoples nasal and oral discharges floating around in the air. You do know that is how the virus is transmitted right, through droplets and particles which the mask DOES help prevent from spreading.
Are your worried abot the feces, boogers, and jizz you are touching all over everything? Are your eyes covered? And, are you wearing a N95 mask or respirator? I just don't see that damn thing doing any good. And they say you have to be exposed for a few minutes.

It is degrading and ruining this country.

• Haha
Reactions: imherdfan
If you're not wearing an N95, along with everyone else, might as well not wear one at all.

I, along with several other reps, just told the company this for a big conference coming up in 2022. I just said, I am not going through that bull shit to go to that destination. Then, put up with their woke bull shit there. I thought they would bitch and moan and try to make us go. They said ok, no problem you are off the list.
haha you told them!!! Now for me, im gonna keep on living my life and doing as I have always done.

why can't they leave it up to the individual at this point. Wear one if you like and don't if you don't want to.
Honestly we should at this point. Anyone who doesn’t want to wear one isn’t wearing it right so it’s doing nothing anyway. Maybe if they were just strongly recommended you’d see more people choosing to wear them correctly and have overall better protection.

Reactions: ohio herd
I misspoke. I have ventured down to Amish country a few times over the last two years, but in reality, that's just going way back in time. Make it 62 miles for me.

Are your worried abot the feces, boogers, and jizz you are touching all over everything? Are your eyes covered? And, are you wearing a N95 mask or respirator? I just don't see that damn thing doing any good. And they say you have to be exposed for a few minutes.

It is degrading and ruining this country.
I don't dwell on that or the covid virus. I do what I can to try to not expose myself to it, but I live my life. Obviously more so than some of you that are afraid to get on a damn plane because you might have to wear that evil mask. LOL I wash my hands regularly and keep on going.

haha you told them!!! Now for me, im gonna keep on living my life and doing as I have always done.
Me too. I do anything I want to do. I really just didn't want to go to their stupid pain in the ass conference. I started doing what I wanted to do about 3 or 4 weeks into that shutdown. But, I am not going to go through all that bullshit to do something I don't want to do.

Reactions: imherdfan
Me too. I do anything I want to do. I really just didn't want to go to their stupid pain in the ass conference. I started doing what I wanted to do about 3 or 4 weeks into that shutdown. But, I am not going to go through all that bullshit to do something I don't want to do.
I didn't fly for about 4-5 months and it wasn't because I didn't want to, it was because people weren't allowing visitors, but once some folks started opening up, I was on the road again. I have been coast to coast this year and racked up 100K miles this year.

If you're not wearing an N95, along with everyone else, might as well not wear one at all.
Well, most experts don't agree with that. While the N95 certainly offers a much greater level of protection, the cloth masks at least keep the particles and droplets(the vehicle the virus needs to move from one host to another) from other peoples nose and mouth contained to themselves. While not ideal, that is ONE other layer of protection. Im vaccinated and boostered, i'd be fine without the mask mandate myself, but I will also follow it if its in place. simple!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT