ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Football? Nine-Game Season? ADs Ponder Contingency Plans

To do that would also interfere with March madness. That is the NCAA's biggest money maker
College Spring Football would have to compete against: March, Madness, the NBA, The Masters, NASCAR, NHL, and the opening Day of Baseball, Spring Break for the Kids, and the reopening of Disney World next year,, and families who lost their vacations this year Oh, and throw in a recession.

In others words: Not Gonna Happen. It would be suicide on top of what happened this year.

Is Fall Football going to happen in 2020: 50% odds at best. Why? It is coming to light that this China Virus is perhaps seasonal. So, unless there is a cure that 350 million Americans can take and we can lock our borders down until the rest of the world can take it then no it won't happen. Are they going to put 80,000 people in a state owned football stadium during China Virus Rebound Season. Hell NO. Right now the odds are this virus is coming back again in the fall.

They didn't play football for 4 years during WW2. Welcome to our point in history.

Last edited:
Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
To do that would also interfere with March madness. That is the NCAA's biggest money maker

Yep. Too many think football drives the NCAA train. Nope. I read one of the ideas was to start in February and finish in May with bowls. Can you imagine Florida State having to play at Boston College in late February or early March? Better have some snow plows ready. LOL!

Spring football is an answer to a question no one asked. If we get to start the season in-season, great. If not, well then you put an * in the standings and you move on.

Same for everything. The NBA is talking about resuming play. In Fargo, North Dakota, among other proposals. Enough. Whatever got missed or gets missed, too bad.

I don't know if this is a sign of an all sports timeline or not, I am just posting for informational sake... The PGA tour just announced its new schedule. The first tournament back will be the week of June 15.

The British Open is cancelled, PGA Championship will be first weekend in August and the Masters will be played the second weekend in November. Ryder Cup stays in the last weekend of September.

Also, the NFL is handling the draft later this month remotely, but multiple reports have confirmed that the league will be starting workouts and training camp on time in August.

I don't know if this is a sign of an all sports timeline or not, I am just posting for informational sake... The PGA tour just announced its new schedule. The first tournament back will be the week of June 15.

The British Open is cancelled, PGA Championship will be first weekend in August and the Masters will be played the second weekend in November. Ryder Cup stays in the last weekend of September.

Also, the NFL is handling the draft later this month remotely, but multiple reports have confirmed that the league will be starting workouts and training camp on time in August.
Makes sense. Golf can 100% be played without fans. I hope the PGA gets up and running by 6/15. Would be great.

Makes sense. Golf can 100% be played without fans. I hope the PGA gets up and running by 6/15. Would be great.
The SEC and big boys might do a tv package in the fall like the NFL is talking about . Enough people might just watch. For Marshall? If they don't play in the fall, pack it in and hope it comes back in a year. If I were in charge of these schools, I would be meeting somewhere going if we don't play how do we pay for this stuff. The states and higher education are going to take a major budget hit because of this. Some of these big ass coaching contracts and other items might be in File 13 shortly.

This has happened before, like I said in WW2. Might very well happen again.

My weekend group had zero fans. It would have probably had great ratings if it were on tv. Just like Tiger King.

I played Friday, Saturday, Sunday and I have never seen golf courses so busy... Maybe one positive out of all of this, is a lot of kids are learning to play (I especially saw a lot of girls/women playing with their dads or significant others).

The SEC and big boys might do a tv package in the fall like the NFL is talking about . Enough people might just watch. For Marshall? If they don't play in the fall, pack it in and hope it comes back in a year.

I really don't see a pick and choose. If they scrap on they scrap them all. The selectivity would cause outrage in already a questionable NCAA football. Just look at the decline in viewership in the last two years.

I really don't see a pick and choose. If they scrap on they scrap them all. The selectivity would cause outrage in already a questionable NCAA football. Just look at the decline in viewership in the last two years.
Are you serious? If the SEC and the big boys can make money at it do you think they will not play because CUSA can't afford to buy paper clips? Cmon.

Are you serious? If the SEC and the big boys can make money at it do you think they will not play because CUSA can't afford to buy paper clips? Cmon.

If they pick and choose that just confirms what everyone is already thinking. Extreme prejudice against the G5. Since the playoff system only 8 different teams has been in it and Clemson, Alabama has been there five. I feel that's why viewship is going down. A predictable outcome. The only way (IMO) it's going to get higher ratings is by being more inclusive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT