ADVERTISEMENT

State of emergency

jackmob5225

Silver Buffalo
Jun 13, 2011
Missouri Governor calling the National Guard in Ferguson Missouri before the verdict this should get interesting

Originally posted by jackmob5225:
Missouri Governor calling the National Guard in Ferguson Missouri before the verdict this should get interesting
There was a quick bit in the NYTimes earlier this week that Obama met with the heads of the protests & told them to stay on course with what they were advocating. Which is peculiar.

Regardless, the protesters have released a list of targets & almost all have nothing to do with the shooting.

Robert McCulloch's officeSt. Louis County Justice CenterStephanie Karr's officeOlin Corporation HeadquartersJudge Maura McShane's courtroomSt. Louis County Police DepartmentGovernor Nixon's Office (Wainwright Building)Clayton School District OfficeDepartment of JusticeDean Plocher's officeRonald Brockmeyer's officeDan Boyle's officeThomas Flach's officeRegal III MarketCanfield Green ApartmentsFerguson Police Department & JailWest Florissant Quick TripMissouri Botanical GradensPowell Symphony HallMonsanto HeadquartersPeabody Energy HeadquartersAnheuser-Busch HeadquartersEmerson Electric HeadquartersSteve Stenger's lawfirmSt. Louis Art MuseumGateway ArchPeabody Opera HouseRitz CarltonLambert International AirportMayor SlayBoeingSt. Louis City Police DepartmentSt. Louis GalleriaPlaza FrontenacSix Stars MarketColonel Jon BelmarSenator Roy BluntSenator Claire McCaskillSt. Louis City Justice CenterSt. Ann Police Department & JailClayton City HallGCI Security, Inc.St. Louis County CouncilClayton Police Department & JailFerguson City HallLacy Clay's OfficeDonorsHusch Blackwell LLPMartin Insurance Group LLCStone, Leyton & GershmanUniversity Square CompanyStone & Alter Real EstateCarey & Danis LLCThe Law Firm of Thomas C Antoniou LLCHammond & Shinners Law FirmCollinsville Acquisitions IncThompson CoburnCommercial BankSanctuariesGreater St. Mark Family ChurchVeterans for Peace OfficeSt. John's Episcopal ChurchHospitalsSt. Louis University HospitalSSM Cardinal Glennon Children's Medical CenterSSM St. Mary's Health CenterBarnes Jewish HospitalSt. Alexius HospitalKindred HospitalSouthwest Medical Center

Areas for Ferguson PD Target Practice

Announce the decision of the grand jury on Thanksgiving day around noon. That should give law enforcement pretty much 12 to 18 hours before all hell breaks loose in the event the grand jury does what I think it will do and that is return a no bill.

Originally posted by MARSHALL77:
Announce the decision of the grand jury on Thanksgiving day around noon. That should give law enforcement pretty much 12 to 18 hours before all hell breaks loose in the event the grand jury does what I think it will do and that is return a no bill.
That would really screw with Black Friday.

The FBI just put out a statement that the decision "will likely" lead to violence. I'm working on a drinking game to play during the coverage.

Not gone to happen too cold to riot.... these things only happen in summer when it is nice and warm outside

Originally posted by HerdBuckeye:

Not gone to happen too cold to riot.... these things only happen in summer when it is nice and warm outside
The warmth from the fires set by the rioters will keep everyone at an optimal violent temperature.

I'm going to get some popcorn sit by the fire and watch some good old fashion reality TV. I can't wait I hope they burn the place to the ground. No matter what they do their ignorance won't be portrayed by the media they will be the victims because they don't know how to properly protest. They shouldn't even call in the National Guard, police or anyone for that matter. They should just let that place rot like Detroit.

Now there are reports that different groups plan on co-opting the protests. Please, please, please let the Occupy & G8 protesters cross paths with the original Ferguson & Muslim groups who will be there.

Originally posted by wisemaniac:
Now there are reports that different groups plan on co-opting the protests. Please, please, please let the Occupy & G8 protesters cross paths with the original Ferguson & Muslim groups who will be there.
That reminds me of the MSNBC hipster getting rocks thrown at him on a live broadcast during the original rioting. Gawd, that was hilarious.

I'd be pissed if I lived in and around ferguson and these pieces of crap were blocking traffic. I heard a report they were blocking traffic with cars and kept an ambulance from getting to the hospital. Id run one over.

These Thugs and the Black Panthers might want to simmer down a little. People are about tired of their shi*. They might now want this battle.

Some suburban St. Louis gun dealers have been doing brisk business, particularly among first-time buyers, as fearful residents await a grand jury's decision on whether to indict the police officer who fatally shot Michael Brown.

Metro Shooting Supplies, in an area near the city's main airport, reports selling two to three times more weapons than usual in recent weeks - an average of 30 to 50 guns each day - while the jury prepares to conclude its three-month review of the case that sparked looting and weeks of sometimes-violent protests in August.

"We're selling everything that's not nailed down," owner Steven King said. "Police aren't going to be able to protect every single individual. If you don't prepare yourself and get ready for the worst, you have no one to blame but yourself."

The store's waiting list for private lessons and concealed-carry training classes extends into 2015.

Protest leaders say they are preparing for non-violent demonstrations after the grand jury's decision is announced, but they also acknowledge the risk of more unrest if the panel decides not to issue criminal charges against Darren Wilson, the white officer who shot Brown, who was black and unarmed.

Other gun dealers say their sales spikes are comparable to the increases seen soon after Brown's death on Aug. 9.

"I've probably sold more guns this past month than all of last year," said County Guns owner Adam Weinstein, who fended off looters last summer at his storefront on West Florissant Avenue, the roadway that was the scene of many nightly protests. Weinstein stood guard over his business with an assault rifle and pistol.

The store has since moved out of Ferguson - in part because of concerns about potential further violence.

First-time gun owners account for about 60 percent of his recent customers, King said. Among them is Dave Benne, who on Saturday purchased a Smith & Wesson handgun as shoppers swarmed the 8,600-square-foot showroom.

Benne said he's considered buying a gun for some time, but the events in Ferguson, a town that borders his community of Florissant and shares a school district with its neighbor, were the decisive factor.

"Everyone else has one," he said. "I figured I?d better too."

The St. Louis County Police Department reports a sharp increase in the number of concealed-carry permits issued since Brown's death compared with a year ago.

From May through July, the county issued fewer permits compared with 2013, records show. But from Aug. 1 through Nov. 12, officials issued 600 more permits, including more than twice as many in October as a year earlier. Fifty-three more permits were issued in the first eight business days of November than in all of November 2013.

Police spokesman Brian Schellman said "it would be naive" to say the increase has not been driven by concern over the grand jury decision.

The purchases are not limited to residents. The owner of an online business that sells tactical gear to law-enforcement agencies said his warehouse in the suburb of Chesterfield has been visited by Missouri state troopers and officers from the Department of Homeland Security assigned to help state and local police.

"None of us has ever seen anything quite like this before," said Chad Weinman of Cat5 Commerce, which operates the website TacticalGear.com. "There is an uncertainty in the air that has my entire staff on edge. To say that St. Louis residents are concerned about what will transpire in the coming days is an understatement."

At the Ferguson Wal-Mart, one of more than a dozen stores attacked the night after Brown's death, managers have removed ammunition from shelves as a precaution.

The move to make the ammo less visible apparently did not deter customers. A manager said Monday that the store had sold most of its supply of bullets.
Read more at http://www.wral.com/gun-sales-surge-ahead-of-jury-s-ferguson-decision/14198066/#8j7Um8eQV7ZylR7C.99

Some suburban St. Louis gun dealers have been doing brisk business, particularly among first-time buyers, as fearful residents await a grand jury's decision on whether to indict the police officer who fatally shot Michael Brown.

Metro Shooting Supplies, in an area near the city's main airport, reports selling two to three times more weapons than usual in recent weeks - an average of 30 to 50 guns each day - while the jury prepares to conclude its three-month review of the case that sparked looting and weeks of sometimes-violent protests in August.

"We're selling everything that's not nailed down," owner Steven King said. "Police aren't going to be able to protect every single individual. If you don't prepare yourself and get ready for the worst, you have no one to blame but yourself."

The store's waiting list for private lessons and concealed-carry training classes extends into 2015.

Protest leaders say they are preparing for non-violent demonstrations after the grand jury's decision is announced, but they also acknowledge the risk of more unrest if the panel decides not to issue criminal charges against Darren Wilson, the white officer who shot Brown, who was black and unarmed.

Other gun dealers say their sales spikes are comparable to the increases seen soon after Brown's death on Aug. 9.

"I've probably sold more guns this past month than all of last year," said County Guns owner Adam Weinstein, who fended off looters last summer at his storefront on West Florissant Avenue, the roadway that was the scene of many nightly protests. Weinstein stood guard over his business with an assault rifle and pistol.

The store has since moved out of Ferguson - in part because of concerns about potential further violence.

First-time gun owners account for about 60 percent of his recent customers, King said. Among them is Dave Benne, who on Saturday purchased a Smith & Wesson handgun as shoppers swarmed the 8,600-square-foot showroom.

Benne said he's considered buying a gun for some time, but the events in Ferguson, a town that borders his community of Florissant and shares a school district with its neighbor, were the decisive factor.

"Everyone else has one," he said. "I figured I?d better too."

The St. Louis County Police Department reports a sharp increase in the number of concealed-carry permits issued since Brown's death compared with a year ago.

From May through July, the county issued fewer permits compared with 2013, records show. But from Aug. 1 through Nov. 12, officials issued 600 more permits, including more than twice as many in October as a year earlier. Fifty-three more permits were issued in the first eight business days of November than in all of November 2013.

Police spokesman Brian Schellman said "it would be naive" to say the increase has not been driven by concern over the grand jury decision.

The purchases are not limited to residents. The owner of an online business that sells tactical gear to law-enforcement agencies said his warehouse in the suburb of Chesterfield has been visited by Missouri state troopers and officers from the Department of Homeland Security assigned to help state and local police.

"None of us has ever seen anything quite like this before," said Chad Weinman of Cat5 Commerce, which operates the website TacticalGear.com. "There is an uncertainty in the air that has my entire staff on edge. To say that St. Louis residents are concerned about what will transpire in the coming days is an understatement."

At the Ferguson Wal-Mart, one of more than a dozen stores attacked the night after Brown's death, managers have removed ammunition from shelves as a precaution.

The move to make the ammo less visible apparently did not deter customers. A manager said Monday that the store had sold most of its supply of bullets.
Read more at http://www.wral.com/gun-sales-surge-ahead-of-jury-s-ferguson-decision/14198066/#8j7Um8eQV7ZylR7C.99

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT