ADVERTISEMENT

Strong getting over $11mm in UT buyout

AtlantaHerdFan

Green Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 18, 2009
Laugh all you wish, but seems this amount is reduced somewhat depending on salary at next school. If Hamrick has a lick of sense, he will go after him with everything he can! May be perfect timing to bring in a great coaching talent who is looking for another experience like he had a UL...taking a mid-major to the next level!

Reactions: ThunderCat98
Be better with Les Miles - Strong is somewhat out of the not too brilliant Holliday mold.

Be better with Les Miles - Strong is somewhat out of the not too brilliant Holliday mold.
Don't know if Les Miles' buyout would help set the stage for him taking a role at a mid-major. If it is, I do not disagree, he would be a good hire. Point is, we need someone who is affordable and can turn the program around. What we have now is just not getting the job done!

Charlie Strong made just under 20mil in 3 years at UT. Doc doesn't even make 3/4's of a mil in one year. No coach is going to take that type of pay cut. Even though he was fired he's still worth more than 650,000 a year.

Reactions: andy4theherd
What's really funny very sad really - Holliday will be back next year.

But one of the guys who has been fired , has a great buy out , would be able to keep all of the money sans the min wage Marshall would pay would be something a good AD would take a look at...like I said , Holliday will be back next season.

Just looked at the post previous to this , you people do realize a guy who is fired and still owed $$ by the firing school can keep everything less the amount the hiring school would pay , you get the over but lose the under.

guys... lets be real here. if Ford fires their CEO for under performance he is not going to take a job at McDonalds just because Ford still owes him bazillions... he will take a job at GM or Chrysler.

Charlie Strong made just under 20mil in 3 years at UT. Doc doesn't even make 3/4's of a mil in one year. No coach is going to take that type of pay cut. Even though he was fired he's still worth more than 650,000 a year.

and there are probably a dozen other P5 schools lining up for him.

Reactions: westfall19
and even if they didn't get a decent P5 head coach offer, they could still be coordinators for just about any college team and several NFL teams...

Andy your stating the obvious - no kidding Marshall would have zero chance of bringing in either of the two noted , seriously would you move from Austin or Baton Rouge to Huntington..not to mention the fact of what you noted.

Im just having some fun since the game is obviously not fun...lol.

77, I sense a certain theme in many of your posts. I hope it's not accurate as I know you to be a good guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT