ADVERTISEMENT

Suites at The Joan getting a makeover

I figured rest room comments would follow the OP.

Agree that the rest rooms need work. Know that the luxury box renters are paying the freight for the program. Believe that there is money for both things, does not have to be us vs. them.

Reactions: Elkview
I figured rest room comments would follow the OP.

Agree that the rest rooms need work. Know that the luxury box renters are paying the freight for the program. Believe that there is money for both things, does not have to be us vs. them.
It has nothing to do with an us vs them mentality. It goes to fan experience at the very least. It’s disgustingly filthy and reminiscent of many high school locker rooms from podunkville that hasn’t been renovated since the carter administration.

If you hang a little to the left, does your stream cross the guy's stream who is standing next to you?

giphy.gif

How do those things work? Do you get any backsplash from the guy next to you? If you hang a little to the left, does your stream cross the guy's stream who is standing next to you? Can you write your name on the back of the trough with your pee?

Just remember to keep looking straight ahead and don't make eye contact. It's weird.

How do those things work? Do you get any backsplash from the guy next to you? If you hang a little to the left, does your stream cross the guy's stream who is standing next to you? Can you write your name on the back of the trough with your pee?

My general strategy has always been to try to stand with my feet as wide apart as possible, elbows out, and appear to be absolutely shit-faced... If the next guy in line thinks you may accidentally piss on him he will generally wait for another spot to open up. If he's bold and does decide to go shoulder-to-shoulder then the wide stance at least keeps him in his lane.

My general strategy has always been to try to stand with my feet as wide apart as possible, elbows out, and appear to be absolutely shit-faced... If the next guy in line thinks you may accidentally piss on him he will generally wait for another spot to open up. If he's bold and does decide to go shoulder-to-shoulder then the wide stance at least keeps him in his lane.

"appear" to be absolutely shit-faced ;)

Reactions: RhinoD
Most recent data is 2017:

Donors: $3.65 million
Average Joes (tickets): $3.89 million

And "tickets" would include the $60k/year/suite paid by the suite renters, while "donors" would be how much people, many of whom have never set foot in a luxury box, gave to the Big Green. I'm sure there is a huge overlap between BGF membership and suite ownership.

Again it does not have to be "us" vs. "them".

Reactions: HerditAllBefore
And "tickets" would include the $60k/year/suite paid by the suite renters, while "donors" would be how much people, many of whom have never set foot in a luxury box, gave to the Big Green.

I think the arrangement of my data points may have confused my point - that student fees alone account for almost as much revenue as ticket sales and donations combined.

The dynamic we're discussing in this thread has its root in the fact that, because so much of Marshall's athletic funding is compulsory (students can't opt out of fees, or stop the school from sending a portion of their tuition to the AD), and ticket revenues represent such a small portion of the budget, the average fan's experience is practically irrelevant.

If no one ever attended another Marshall sporting event, it would only represent a loss of approximately 10% of the budget, an amount that would not be catastrophic and, at worst, could be easily replaced...by increasing student fees and institutional support by 25%.

i-have-a-wide-stance-when-going-to-the-bathroom-quote-1.jpg

Well I have had the privilege of sitting in one of the Sky Boxes and I can assure everyone that there are absolutely NO HORSE TROUGH urinals up there!

Reactions: Elkview
Who footed the bill for this? If it was out of the general fund for the AD, I would say they should have done work on the stadium bathrooms first.
However, if it was some package of private funding by a few big donors who routinely have boxes each season, then we really can't say where they spend their money.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT