ADVERTISEMENT

Sun Belt TV Deal

The Real SamC

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 15, 2007
The Sun Belt is signing an eight year deal with ESPN. ESPN gets rights to all SBC games in all sports for about $100K/school/year.

Reports are that most SBC content will find its way to the new "over the top" ESPN Plus which will be a pay website. AFAIK ESPN has not yet announced a price for this new service, which comes out in April.

Press conference at 4 PM.

(If you don't know, all CUSA contracts except for the one with BE In Sports expire after this current season, AKA next weekend.)

I have heard nothing out of CUSA about next year's TV deals at all.

The Sun Belt is signing an eight year deal with ESPN. ESPN gets rights to all SBC games in all sports for about $100K/school/year.

Reports are that most SBC content will find its way to the new "over the top" ESPN Plus which will be a pay website. AFAIK ESPN has not yet announced a price for this new service, which comes out in April.

(If you don't know, all CUSA contracts except for the one with BE In Sports expire after this current season, AKA next weekend.)

Stewart Mandel
@slmandel

In other news, the Sun Belt just announced a new contract with ESPN through 2027-28. Every football & basketball game will be on an ESPN platform (includes digital) beginning in 2020.

Heck, SamC, the way this conference "operates" I doubt if the Headquarters clowns in Frisco even know that the league's contracts expire shortly!!

$100K?!
I guess we are starting to see the true value of these conferences and schools.

So you mean ESPN is pretty much paying the Sun Belt the same as CUSA is getting from all of our Media Partners and will have all sports on ESPN networks for the next 8 years?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT