ADVERTISEMENT

Taking the helmet off after that touchdown could be key

Seriously , take your helmet off and get flagged for 15 - brilliant - sure fire way to shorten the field on the ensuing kickoff , should give FAU a short field to work with for the win.

Too much trouble with a team we should not have had issues with especially this far into the season.
Still think 6 wins will be the max and not sure if we will really do better than 5.

glad we won but tht was stupid. Not even an inadvertant thing that you could say oh well. I did like seeing Chase talking with the guy. shows some amount of ledership.

Yea real sportmanship by chase. Chase is a trash talker and a qb. That kid just wanted to shut chase up. He could have hurt chase which is where the kid messed up. He was really pushing hard against chase's body. He totally lost it. I dont like baiting other players. Doc needs to tell his players to not be trash talking. 2-4 teams should play hard and no running of the mouth. Marshall is on later this evening and I want to watch that play and see what he was trying to do.In 2018 I sure hope we have landed a bonafide D1 QB.

If we get to 6 wins(which at this point is suspect), I expect a 7th in the bowl game. Cause if they can figure out how to win 6, the competition in the bowl game will be low enough they can figure out how to win that one too.

I see us as the favorites in maybe 2 games the rest of the season.

I just don't get you fans

Trash talking is apart of the game just as much as snapping the ball.

I just don't get you fans

Trash talking is apart of the game just as much as snapping the ball.

Removing a helmet in an effort to say "look at me!" is not "trash talking". Kudos to the young man. He scored a touchdown that allowed you to squeak by a shitty FAU team. "Talking trash" is a privilege earned when you beat down your opponents unmercifully. When you've shown you have something to talk trash about. This idiot put his team in the place where they could have lost to this shitty team (ala...Georgia vs Tenn game). Frankly this team has no reason to "talk trash" to anyone, and they further display why the premise that Doc recruits high football IQs is a myth.

Fever, I suppose you love a player like OBJ.

Why not, he is a dominant player in the sport he loves.

Jordan was considered one of the best trash talkers in the game. You think that diminished his skills? Ray Lewis, Rodney Harrison, Gary Payton, Shaq, Rodman and the list goes on and on. Trash talking is nothing if you don't let it get to your head.

Why not, he is a dominant player in the sport he loves.

Jordan was considered one of the best trash talkers in the game. You think that diminished his skills? Ray Lewis, Rodney Harrison, Gary Payton, Shaq, Rodman and the list goes on and on. Trash talking is nothing if you don't let it get to your head.

What? No white boys on your list?

Reactions: 19MU88
Removing a helmet in an effort to say "look at me!" is not "trash talking". Kudos to the young man. He scored a touchdown that allowed you to squeak by a shitty FAU team. "Talking trash" is a privilege earned when you beat down your opponents unmercifully. When you've shown you have something to talk trash about. This idiot put his team in the place where they could have lost to this shitty team (ala...Georgia vs Tenn game). Frankly this team has no reason to "talk trash" to anyone, and they further display why the premise that Doc recruits high football IQs is a myth.

BYU and Navy, 2 teams with the highest Football IQS in the country also talk a bunch of trash.

High Football IQ and trash talking don't go hand in hand. Once again it's clear that many of you fans never played competitive organized team sports.

Sure, Dan Majerle, John Elway, Bill Romonowski, Tom Brady. Want me to continue??

Larry bird may be the greatest trash talker to ever live, in any game.
But most of these guys were winning at the time, and are all pros. When you're 1-4 and playing FAU to the wire it's probably best to just STFU

Last edited:
BYU and Navy, 2 teams with the highest Football IQS in the country also talk a bunch of trash.

High Football IQ and trash talking don't go hand in hand. Once again it's clear that many of you fans never played competitive organized team sports.

The first sentence, just o_O

Reactions: Marine03

Actually I did many years ago. Played in college too. "talking trash" was done to another player/team based on what your team was doing to the opposition on a consistent basis. Most of the time conducted along the line of scrimmage, under a tackle pile, between one on one opposing players, usually away from referee's ears. Ripping your helmet off is an individual act in an attempt to draw attention to yourself selfishly.

Its moronic. Clearly a reason why you would seem to respect it.

Honestly I don't care too be honest and 5 days later it's funny to see people like you make a big deal about it

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT