ADVERTISEMENT

Talking about federal budgets...

KyMUfan

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2020
We were this close to having a balanced budget amendment in 1995...

"All but one of the Senate’s 53 Republicans--Mark O. Hatfield of Oregon--voted for the amendment, along with 14 of 47 Democrats. But that was still one vote shy of the two-thirds majority required for passage of any proposed constitutional amendment. The House had passed the measure by a vote of 300 to 132."

Thank god. If it had passed the government would have to slash spending during recessions, which is the exact opposite of what needs to be done.

Republicans have never been able to sell that fiscal responsibility is the way to go. Every time they get elected, they cave in and spend big. Welfare goes on.

That was the whole beginning of why I wanted to care about politics. Welfare and how much I hated it. People were getting free money for nothing. They were quitting school, partying it up, all on the dime of other people like I am now who had to waste their lives pretending to work.

I gave up on that ever changing a long time ago. So other than gas prices, politics is useless to me.

And they suck right now. Gas is too high. I thought Biden would be a good weak president that wouldn't do anything. Wrong again. He has raised up the gas prices through the damn roof.

Thank god. If it had passed the government would have to slash spending during recessions, which is the exact opposite of what needs to be done.

"However, as interest rates creep up, interest costs will eventually rise. CBO projects that interest costs will grow from $331 billion this year to $910 billion in 2031 — a nearly threefold increase. This year’s interest payments work out to roughly $2,600 per household."

Notice any trends???

SR-budget-book-2015-chart-1-1600.png

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT