ADVERTISEMENT

The American People Are Sadly Misinformed

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
I was talking to a coworker today and I really like them and they mean well. But, when it comes to wars and this Korea thing people have got to use to video wars and Osama Ben laden raids and games.

We were talking about a potential conflict with North Korea and they say we would make quick work of North Korea and it would end quickly.

Not so fast I said. They were like what do you mean.

I said if it went down before we could stop them they would bombard Seoul with artillery and missiles causing a catastrophe of which we have likely have not seen for decades. Within hours we would lose hundreds and then thousand(s) of US troops on the DMZ as they are just a stop gap to an invasion and the artillery bombardment. We don't have that many troops there and they would be under a major artillery barage that we haven't seen since likely WW2 or the last Korean conflict.

Then, what do we do if the Chinese get involved.

Yes, we could wipe out N Korea if we wanted to but at what cost and at the beginning we would take large losses and S Korea would be hurt terribly.

Then they said are you being serious. I am like hell yes. It would be a tough damn fight.

I don't think it will go down, but this is not Mickey Mouse stuff here.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
This is spot on. Basically everything from Seoul north would be shelled into ruble. We're talking a sustainment rate of hundreds of thousands of rounds of old school shelling for the first few days, and about half that for one to two weeks. Loss of life would be catastrophic. When half the country lost their shit when a MOAB was dropped on a cave you know they couldn't support the type of warfare a NK conflict would demand. I sure as shit don't want any part of it.

That's why I've always said that the best result for this situation is for KUNG FU PANDA to have an accident. It could be slipping on a banana pill, falling off a cliff, or even somehow discharging his own gun into his skull. We can make that accident occur.

Just get him out of there, and the citizens of NK would likely be dancing in the streets.

Reactions: andy4theherd
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT