ADVERTISEMENT

The left's COVID flip-flop

The left's COVID flip-flop​

800,000 + dead. It's not over. You're an idiot.

Anyone that has that many deaths under their watch doesn’t deserve to remain President - Joe Biden speaking of 300,000 deaths under Trump.

Reactions: Jartard
Yeah more under Biden why do Dems want to kill so many people
You're an idiot, just like many Cons. Your ilk has fought against the vaccine, masks, social distancing, and any and all lockdowns. And then you want to blame the people who are trying to fight the virus. In 11 months there were 400,000 deaths under your orange jesus starting in Mar of 2020 (with 936 deaths than month) and ending in Jan 21.
Biden inherited 80,000 deaths per month and in 11 months there have been a total of 424,000.

You're an idiot, just like many Cons. Your ilk has fought against the vaccine, masks, social distancing, and any and all lockdowns. And then you want to blame the people who are trying to fight the virus. In 11 months there were 400,000 deaths under your orange jesus starting in Mar of 2020 (with 936 deaths than month) and ending in Jan 21.
Biden inherited 80,000 deaths per month and in 11 months there have been a total of 424,000.
Biden had 3 vaccines, better treatments, and history of data also

He has failed miserably with testing kits, treatments, therapeutics, and getting the virus under control. He is a total failure as an American President. We have only spoken about the virus and not his other failures. All they wanted to do was talk about vaccine shaming, mandates, and wear your stupid mask.

Makes little sense for anti-vaxxers or their sympathizers to claim Biden is killing people when it's largely the unvaccinated who've succumbed to the virus - at a time the Biden administration was/is pushing, even ordering, vaccinations.

How many COVID deaths were attributed to Trump's "it's like the flu", "it's going to disappear", "it's under control" lies? I've seen numbers somewhere between 50K and 150K deaths.

Can't think of any of Biden's actions that increased the number of Covid deaths. In fact, an estimated one million additional deaths have been averted due to vaccinations.

Makes little sense for anti-vaxxers or their sympathizers to claim Biden is killing people when it's largely the unvaccinated who've succumbed to the virus - at a time the Biden administration was/is pushing, even ordering, vaccinations.

How many COVID deaths were attributed to Trump's "it's like the flu", "it's going to disappear", "it's under control" lies? I've seen numbers somewhere between 50K and 150K deaths.

Can't think of any of Biden's actions that increased the number of Covid deaths. In fact, an estimated one million additional deaths have been averted due to vaccinations.
when are you guys going to stop the not vaccinated bull shit? It is obvious the virus is spreading in vaccinated people as well. Vaccinated people tend to get less sick, but still spread the virus and still get sick. The new variant, Omicron, is likely to not be stopped by the vaccine you have taken. The vaccine wears down over time. After about 6 months, it loses about 20-30% of its effeciveness(as told to me by a MD).

The govt also does not take into natural immunity which is a real thing.

That's all the left wing has done is pit vaccinated vs non vaccinated. IT is a load of shit. They won't blame China, they won't blame their own govt, including Biden, for failing. They just want to push Vaccine, shame people, and wear that stupid mostly useless ass mask.

Work on treatments, therapeutics, and how to keep things going.

Fact is more people have died while there have been vaccines and a Democrat President. Who knows why. But, the bullshit blaming needs to stop.

He is a total failure as an American President.

Yeah, but mainly because of $3 gas.

Not because of this made up cold and attaching a big number of unhealthy people who died of other stuff to inflate the numbers on it.

Could be another failure by him that he's not smart enough to get the statistics changed.

when are you guys going to stop the not vaccinated bull shit? It is obvious the virus is spreading in vaccinated people as well.
You make some excellent points...and I agree with many of them.....but I was responding to the claim about more deaths under Biden made earlier in the thread.

You make some excellent points...and I agree with many of them.....but I was responding to the claim about more deaths under Biden made earlier in the thread.
We are doing that because Biden claimed he was going to shut it down and they railed on Trump about it and he was dealing with it early on when nobody knew WTF was going on.

It’s not a claim it’s factually accurate. Biden had the luxury of three vaccines. We had over 1 million infections yesterday by some reports Biden had more people die on his watch with the vaccine than trump did without that benefit.

Reactions: mlblack16.

It’s not a claim it’s factually accurate. Biden had the luxury of three vaccines..
True...it's accurate, but tough to lay the blame entirely on Biden....he's certainly put a big effort into vaccinations...and deaths aren't as high as they would have been without them.

Again, it's kinda stupid for the anti-vaxxer crowd to whine about this considering the lives the vaccines have saved in spite of their efforts.

Reactions: HerdandHokies
True...it's accurate, but tough to lay the blame entirely on Biden....he's certainly put a big effort into vaccinations...and deaths aren't as high as they would have been without them.

Again, it's kinda stupid for the anti-vaxxer crowd to whine about this considering the lives the vaccines have saved in spite of their efforts.
It’s called accountability. Biden said he’d shut down the virus. It’s obvious he isn’t done that.

We are doing that because Biden claimed he was going to shut it down and they railed on Trump about it and he was dealing with it early on when nobody knew WTF was going on.
Who knows it might get shut down - he's still get time.

A few of Trump's hundreds-of-thousands of lies caught up to him. He lied about the danger posed by COVID and people died. There's really no Biden comparison to that.

It’s called accountability. Biden said he’d shut down the virus. It’s obvious he isn’t done that.
The people not taking necessary precautions aren't accountable? Since the unvaccinated are 20 times more likely to die and 17 times more likely to wind up in the hospital due to covid... with the bulk of COVID deaths being the unvaccinated....I think they might share some responsibility.

Biden has three more years to shut it down

The people not taking necessary precautions aren't accountable? Since the unvaccinated are 20 times more likely to die and 17 times more likely to wind up in the hospital due to covid... with the bulk of COVID deaths being the unvaccinated....I think they might share some responsibility.

Biden has three more years to shut it down
3 years to shut it down? Wow..so you get the length of your term.

He can't shut it down. But don't brag you are going to. It will be here until it mutates into weakness.

That's one thing I have to give Biden credit for at least so far.

He hasn't shut it back down yet. If we shut down like we did in 2020 again, you can forget it. Collapse of the nation. We're not even really back yet to where we were, but there's no hope at all with another one of those.

If people go for that, it's time to go for cyanide.

3 years to shut it down? Wow..so you get the length of your term.

He can't shut it down. But don't brag you are going to. It will be here until it mutates into weakness.
No one said he was going to do it within a year...

He actually said he wasn't going to shut down the US economy; he was going to shut down the virus. Schools are staying open for the most part....no businesses are being shut down.

Stock market continues to climb while unemployment appears to be falling. Gas prices aren't as high as they were in the fall. Inflation rate is projected to be 2.3% in '22.

Still some challenges...but it's not nearly all doom and gloom

No one said he was going to do it within a year...

He actually said he wasn't going to shut down the US economy; he was going to shut down the virus. Schools are staying open for the most part....no businesses are being shut down.

Stock market continues to climb while unemployment appears to be falling. Gas prices aren't as high as they were in the fall. Inflation rate is projected to be 2.3% in '22.

If you have to add for the most part then you’re wrong.

If you have to add for the most part then you’re wrong.
No... to be accurate (which you're a big fan of "accuracy")...you'd probably have to add "for the most part" at nearly all times.

Schools close for snow storms, power outages, floods...hell, even the old fashioned flu has been known to shut them down.

So the miniscule number of schools closed for COVID does not mean the vast majority of US schools aren't open. They are...that's factual and accurate.

Seems like it is, but maybe the high gas prices are at least a sign that people are ignoring the fake bird flu and packing the roads anyway.

Roads are still packed. I remember when they were empty. I was out there with three other maniacs. It was just us nervously driving along waiting for the cops to make us go back home and hang ourselves.

We thought about driving out to the Grand Canyon to drive off a cliff, but somehow we stayed. In Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan and West Virginia.

Guess I'd pay more for gas to be the hell out of those times. The spookiest shit of my life, signs and billboards everywhere warning me to go back home. Could not and did not.

Biden also had the Delta variant that was much more contagious and deadlier.

Biden also had the more deadly and contagious Delta variant, and as for cases has to deal with the much more contagious Omicron.
The death rate on the Delta wave was lower than the death rate of the initial wave. I would say mainly due to the fact the most high risk already being dead and lefty governors not throwing sick people in nursing homes again.

this omicron is just the flu. The death rate (deaths/cases) is less than 0.2%.

The death rate on the Delta wave was lower than the death rate of the initial wave. I would say mainly due to the fact the most high risk already being dead and lefty governors not throwing sick people in nursing homes again.

this omicron is just the flu. The death rate (deaths/cases) is less than 0.2%.
Like I often say....you're a lying idiot.

I have a lot of beef with fauci/cdc.....but things change. Delta was different than OG Covid and now omicron different as well. I don't get worked up about "flip flops"....things change.

You adjust as you get a sense that it may be more like a nasal/throat cold than a viral pneumonia.

The thing I do think we will look back on is school closures. US was an outlier as compared to europe and there was pretty good data pretty early that school being open/shut down had minimal impact on overall community spread....yet in the US many districts remained closed even though the data didn't support it.

I also think we will see mandating boosters for an 18 year old male for instance is nuts. This is not a sterilizing vaccine, it prevents death...and their risk of death is so low that harm likely outweighs benefit (especially moderna in this cohort).

I have a lot of beef with fauci/cdc.....but things change. Delta was different than OG Covid and now omicron different as well. I don't get worked up about "flip flops"....things change.

You adjust as you get a sense that it may be more like a nasal/throat cold than a viral pneumonia.

The thing I do think we will look back on is school closures. US was an outlier as compared to europe and there was pretty good data pretty early that school being open/shut down had minimal impact on overall community spread....yet in the US many districts remained closed even though the data didn't support it.

I also think we will see mandating boosters for an 18 year old male for instance is nuts. This is not a sterilizing vaccine, it prevents death...and their risk of death is so low that harm likely outweighs benefit (especially moderna in this cohort).
Yehh but the politicians this year until summer were saying the vaccine killed or stopped the virus. Just be honest and say it prevents sickness being worse. They whole vaccine vs non vaccine populations against each other is absurd

Doc getting the antibody treatment now as we speak

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT