ADVERTISEMENT

The Sec of Defense Told the Senate Panel That The Military Was Not Woke. Air Force Creates Safe Space for Airmen.

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
So is the Sec of Defense Confused or What?

How is this preparing the USA to take on China, Russia, or other threats? Are we prepared to fight a multi-front war with near pear threats?

The U.S. Air Force has launched a new initiative called "Airmen’s Time" which, among other things, aims to create a "safe space" where service members can share perspectives with their commanders.

"The intent of Airmen’s Time is to create a safe space, be present, and ensure that our Air Force culture invites healthy conversation for every Airman…anytime, anywhere," reads a memo, obtained by the Washington Free Beacon, that was recently sent to commanders.

"To further advance this cultural shift, leaders at every level are entrusted to prioritize time to elevate connection, growth, and enhance the well-being of individual Airmen while building unity within teams," the memo says.

"Allowing leaders to carve out time to directly communicate with their Airmen is crucial for unit cohesion and connectedness," the spokesperson said in a statement. "By further investing in and empowering our Airmen, through initiatives like Airmen’s Time, we are better positioned to act confidently and out-think our adversaries by approaching and solving problems in new ways."

• Haha
Reactions: ThunderCat98
Thought process of the oath breaker....

aflo3ztpoqz41.jpg

That reads like it is off-the-record discussion of unit issues and new ideas. I'm not sure how that is "woke". Calling it a "safe space" is dumb, I'll give you that.
They have to recruit these new millenials or whatever the generation is now and they also have to appeal to their parents. The parents are big deciding factor for you folks entering the service or thinking about it. So, they make it seem tamer. They have removed things like the shark attack at basic training, etc. Spend time on all this diversity crap. The issue right now is the world is burrning around us and we have some big problems on the horizon. They just time on this nonsense. The Sec of Defense knows a transgender is a distraction to the mission. He knows that becaues he came from that world. He is from the infantry ranks and he knows it and those around him know. THey become polticians like Milley(who knows better also) but, they won't speak up becaue the next guy behind them will tell the polticians yes sir, we can implement that and they get fired or moved somewhere else.

That's the biggest disapointment as the men, whether they are Dems or Repubs when the uniform is off, know better.

That is why we had happen what happened in Afghanistan. They didn't tell the polticians and the policy makers this is screwed up. They all know it to a man down to the private cleaning the hallway on extra duty.

That is where we are.

The issue right now is the world is burrning around us and we have some big problems on the horizon. They just time on this nonsense.
Eh, it's the USAF, they ride mountain bikes at basic.

But none of your post addresses my post. You got me interested in what is going on here and I read an article on it.

https://www.airforcemag.com/what-exactly-is-airmens-time-the-new-initiative-explained/

So I told you what it sounds like to me. And maybe also gives an opportunity for young soldiers to ask for some advice on general life, hey sarge my wife is crazy, what would you do? Which obviously already happens. Honestly, it reads like some REMF written bullshit about what already happens, or should happen. But nothing "woke".

Eh, it's the USAF, they ride mountain bikes at basic.

But none of your post addresses my post. You got me interested in what is going on here and I read an article on it.

https://www.airforcemag.com/what-exactly-is-airmens-time-the-new-initiative-explained/

So I told you what it sounds like to me. And maybe also gives an opportunity for young soldiers to ask for some advice on general life, hey sarge my wife is crazy, what would you do? Which obviously already happens. Honestly, it reads like some REMF written bullshit about what already happens, or should happen. But nothing "woke".
Don't ever say that to a Combat Controller or PJ. hahaha. Fighter pilots do their own thing because well how many people can do that.

The point is, the SEC of Defense told a panel this stuff is not going on and it is. My other point is we need to be a war fighting machine because we have near peer threats that are a serious concern. Threats that can actually hurt or harm the homeland and can disrupt and threaten the world. Enemies who are very capable. They view us as very weak right now. They do this stuff to appease the radical left wing of the Democrat party. There is no other way around it.

I get what you are saying. The NCO's and junior officers deal with that stuff all the time now. Family life is hard in the military. But, the other stuff about creating safe spaces, and hunting extremism, and worrying about transgenders, etc. is a waste of freaking time and distracts and divides.

They have to recruit these new millenials or whatever the generation is now and they also have to appeal to their parents. The parents are big deciding factor for you folks entering the service or thinking about it. So, they make it seem tamer. They have removed things like the shark attack at basic training, etc. Spend time on all this diversity crap. The issue right now is the world is burrning around us and we have some big problems on the horizon. They just time on this nonsense. The Sec of Defense knows a transgender is a distraction to the mission. He knows that becaues he came from that world. He is from the infantry ranks and he knows it and those around him know. THey become polticians like Milley(who knows better also) but, they won't speak up becaue the next guy behind them will tell the polticians yes sir, we can implement that and they get fired or moved somewhere else.

That's the biggest disapointment as the men, whether they are Dems or Repubs when the uniform is off, know better.

That is why we had happen what happened in Afghanistan. They didn't tell the polticians and the policy makers this is screwed up. They all know it to a man down to the private cleaning the hallway on extra duty.

That is where we are.
Basic Training was not bad at all back when I joined in 97. Two a day high school football practice was tougher.

I can't imagine how ridiculous it is now.

Basic Training was not bad at all back when I joined in 97. Two a day high school football practice was tougher.

I can't imagine how ridiculous it is now.
Basic training is not phsyically all that hard it just being there with little no freedom for that amount of time. Being controlled.

Basic training is not phsyically all that hard it just being there with little no freedom for that amount of time. Being controlled.
Yeah the worst part was worrying about getting recycled and having to stay a couple extra weeks.

Yeah the worst part was worrying about getting recycled and having to stay a couple extra weeks.
Ruck marches were the hardest thing and the cold weather sucked out in the field. All the damn cleaning. Inspections and such. Just being controlled all the time.

Ruck marches were the hardest thing and the cold weather sucked out in the field. All the damn cleaning. Inspections and such. Just being controlled all the time.
We had one long "march" in the AF and that was to the confidence course.

I got yelled at on the confidence course for going to fast.

We had one long "march" in the AF and that was to the confidence course.

I got yelled at on the confidence course for going to fast.
Oh we walked everywhere. Did long ruck marches. Seriously? One? First time I went to the field it snowe about 6 inches. Sucked. You don't really know what you are doing at that point. They took us out in the middle of night, ruck march. Change your socks. Pul security all night. Drill sgts kicking the shelter halfs in. Screaming about security. Digging fighting postions in the mud and snow. Had a drill sgt that made us chug canteens of water and one time he made every stand there in the cold until guys would piss themsleves. He would pour water and slowly on the ground and guys would piss themselves. hahahaha

Oh we walked everywhere. Did long ruck marches. Seriously? One? First time I went to the field it snowe about 6 inches. Sucked. You don't really know what you are doing at that point. They took us out in the middle of night, ruck march. Change your socks. Pul security all night. Drill sgts kicking the shelter halfs in. Screaming about security. Digging fighting postions in the mud and snow. Had a drill sgt that made us chug canteens of water and one time he made every stand there in the cold until guys would piss themsleves. He would pour water and slowly on the ground and guys would piss themselves. hahahaha
Yeah AF Basic was more class work and attention to detail work.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT