ADVERTISEMENT

The Tide is a Turnin'

C.K. Ocsevol-Evad

Silver Buffalo
Jul 7, 2010
This is awesome. The pope now claims that the Big Bang Theory and evolution just aren't accurate, but that they are necessary according to the Bible, similar to JP II's previous statements.

The pope went on to say that god isn't a magician with a magic wand able to do everything.

Again, this shit keeps getting more and more like a poorly written comedy series.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...god-isnt-a-magician-with-a-magic-9822514.html

Cool. Show us the proof that life originated in primordial soup. Be careful, your faith is showing instead of science.

This is awesome. The pope now claims that the Big Bang Theory and evolution just aren't accurate, but that they are necessary according to the Bible, similar to JP II's previous statements.

The pope went on to say that god isn't a magician with a magic wand able to do everything.

Again, this shit keeps getting more and more like a poorly written comedy series.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...god-isnt-a-magician-with-a-magic-9822514.html

You actually listen to the Devil's servant?

Cool. Show us the proof that life originated in primordial soup. Be careful, your faith is showing instead of science.

Accepted science shows us the most likely models of the universe's creation. Not a single one of those science models even remotely supports what your religion claims.

Science doesn't claim to have every single answer. They claim to have every answer which they have thoroughly shown to be true.

On the other hand, religion claims to have every single answer, including those answers which have absolutely no proof and have never had a single experiment duplicate.

That is the difference: science waits for an answer after testing and challenging theories. Religion immediately claims an answer with no testing, not challenging, and no proof.

Life sprouting from mud is not the most likely model when there isn't a shred of proof for that model.

Over exaggerating just a little bit, eh?

The competing theories (based on science) each use widely accepted scientific fact as the basis for the theories. Claiming that isn't "a shred of proof" makes you look entirely foolish and like you're from the sticks.

Hell, even many of the top leading Christians agree with science in many of these things (and continue to more and more as science is discovered).

As I said, science doesn't claim to have all of the answers right now. But science knows the Christian model is absolutely wrong.

6000 years. Fvck, that alone should make every theist ineligible to vote and breed.

God created Science and the Bible testify that as well. There is no separation of God, History, and Science. But of course the Catholics preach otherwise.

Over exaggerating just a little bit, eh?

The competing theories (based on science) each use widely accepted scientific fact as the basis for the theories. Claiming that isn't "a shred of proof" makes you look entirely foolish and like you're from the sticks.

Hell, even many of the top leading Christians agree with science in many of these things (and continue to more and more as science is discovered).

As I said, science doesn't claim to have all of the answers right now. But science knows the Christian model is absolutely wrong.

6000 years. Fvck, that alone should make every theist ineligible to vote and breed.

I'm not exaggerating at all. No God? Then life sprang from mud. You have zero evidence of this. It is therefore not scientific. It is your faith. Welcome to faith.

Your faith in science is bubbling to the surface again.

Would you rather get a cancer diagnosis from a radiologist or a Ouija board?
Would you rather discuss effects of vaccines with a medical doctor or Jenny McCarthy (an actress/Playboy model who is anti-vax)?
Would you rather get the age of the earth from an astrophysicist or a rabbi?

In all of those cases, a reasonable person would select the former. Why? It is because the former in all of those have had significant education and experience in their respective fields.

Preachers and the Bible aren't specialized in science. They don't have the education nor experience in those things.

Claiming that religious faith and scientific "faith" are equivalent is a severe lack of intellectual honesty. Scientific "faith" is based on observing and experimenting; developing falsifiable hypothesis; questioning and trying to both duplicate and disprove the hypothesis in similar and different environments.

Religious faith has none of those things. There is no observation or experimenting. If there were. There is no development of a hypothesis. There is no room for questioning or testing the hypothesis in both similar and different environments.

There is absolutely no link between religious faith and scientific "faith."

Again, I ask you, do you believe in gravity?

You're batshit crazy if you don't think science has an accurate approximation of the age of the earth.

Is the earth a sphere, flat, or a different shape?

Job talks about the water system, the world being round, and suspended in Space in Old Testament times.

The Bible proves Science especially in the Old Testament. Rifle, you don't know the Spiritual world, just the Phsyical World. And it's why you don't understand God and its the cause if why you are the type of person you are.

Also I wouldn't believe what a Rabbi says since God says that we shouldn't call Preachers on Earth Father or Rabbi because I AM YOUR FATHER

Job talks about the water system, the world being round, and suspended in Space in Old Testament times.

The bible makes numerous references to a flat earth, the earth being the center of the universe, the earth being stationary, the earth being about 6000 years old now, pi only being able to equal 3.0, the moon being a light (it is a reflector of the sun's light), the sun moving across/around the earth, the earth being formed before the sun, and countless other scientific errors.

None of those are true.

Moron, do you believe the earth is only about 6000 years old? You keep hiding from answering that.

And it's why you don't understand God and its the cause if why you are the type of person you are.

I don't think my lack of belief in a higher power makes me the intelligent, self-reliant, compassionate, non-violent, kind person that I am. I believe those things are all the result of not believing in a brutal, unjust, violent, bigoted, hypocritical comic book superhero.

I've stated on numerous occasions that religion should embrace the scientific explanation of things. I can't think of a more awe inspiring explanation that would lend eloquence and magnificence to our existence than Big Bang and evolution. If religion embraced science it would, in my mind, elevate the eminence of a creator.

I see some dancing on the age of earth by some of you. No one is taking rifle's direct challenge to validate or dispute a 6000 year old earth. Truthfully...I don't blame you. It would take some serious logical dexterity to defend it. Yet if you take Genesis literally...and trace the genealogical path from Adam to Abraham...you're going to get a 6000 to 10,000 year old earth. So if you're a biblical literalist, why not go on record supporting a young earth?

And evolution? There is a mountain of evidence that supports it. That evidence spans completely different fields of science...biology, paleontology, plate tectonics, molecular biology, genetics, anthropology, etc.
Genetics and plate tectonics didn't even exist when Darwin conceived evolution, yet it clearly supports it. We have made predictions within the framework of evolution that was later definitively proven by new fields of study seemingly unrelated.

For example, plate tectonics didn't exist in the time of Darwin. So how can the marsupial that exists in two different regions of the world...South America and Australia...have evolved separate from each other? There was zero fossil record that linked these animals that were clearly within the same lineage that could have migrated through Asia. That would seemingly destroy any possibility of an evolutionary path linking these animals. But along comes plate tectonics and the discovery that at one point South America, Antarctica, and Australia joined together in a single land mass. So science could make a prediction...that the fossil record of marsupials in South America and Australia should be able to be linked in both, where they were along the evolutionary path and what layer of rock they could be found. In other words...if marsupials developed in South America and migrated to Australia through Antarctica during the time of Pangea that it would have to be between the evolutionary development of the two in both structure and time. So they looked....and they knew exactly where to look in the strata of rock and they found fossils of marsupials exactly where it needed to be to allow for migration time wise and it looked exactly like they predicted falling between the two groups of fossils. That....is amazing.

This doesn't even include the most damning evidence in support of evolution...genetics. Genetics...which is used as definitive evidence to prosecute or vindicate criminals...directly supports evolution.

Not to mention that every single evidence of fossil record...and that body of record is becoming massive....supports a simple to complex evolution of life. Not one single find disputes that life evolved from simple to complex. There is almost 100% consensus among scientist on the support of evolution. Now people argue money when they dispute the consensus behind GW, but where's the money behind evolution? There's not massive amounts of money riding on it. The evidence for evolution overwhelming.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Claiming that religious faith and scientific "faith" are equivalent is a severe lack of intellectual honesty.

Nope. Faith is faith. You claim Christians have no proof of God. I claim you have no proof of life from mud. Without proof of life from mud, you're simply having faith in a different god, science. You desire the eradication of all religion. I don't desire the eradication of all science, actually none of it that I can think of at the moment. I abhor the scientific claims for which there is no proof.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT