ADVERTISEMENT

The US Army Suggest Soldiers Struggling With Inflation Go On Food Stamps

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
Welcome to Build Back Better. This is absurd. Writing my Congressmen or Senators is just a waste of time at this point.
-------------------------------------------
The U.S. Army has released guidance for soldiers as they fight inflation, including a suggestion that they take advantage of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), commonly known as food stamps.

SNAP, a benefit for low-income Americans, is a program for which “service members and their families may be eligible,” the guidance said, pointing soldiers and their families to the SNAP website and phone number. SNAP is one of several options discussed as part of the Army’s Financial Readiness Program.

“With inflation affecting everything from gas prices to groceries to rent, some Soldiers and their families are finding it harder to get by on the budgets they’ve set and used before,” guidance from Sergeant Major Michael Grinston said. “Soldiers of all ranks can seek guidance, assistance, and advice through the Army’s Financial Readiness Program.”

• Angry
Reactions: ThunderCat98
Democrat “success”….the more people they can put on Govt assistance, the better they “feel” about themselves.

It's always been this way. Pay is way too low and always has been. Military families on food stamps is nothing new. Herdman only cares about this when a Democrat is in White House.
Because the Democrat leader has us at 8.3 to 8.5 percent reported inflation which is some cases is probably more than double that on staple food items and such.

I have also reported that the DOD, under Biden Admin, is cutting extra duty pay, hazard duty pay, etc in some cases.

Oh and the cluster mess they pulled off in Afghanistan.

It's always been this way. Pay is way too low and always has been. Military families on food stamps is nothing new. Herdman only cares about this when a Democrat is in White House.
I'm starting to question this. Maybe "too low" for the guys just coming in, entry level. But those that decide to make this a career seem to be paid pretty well. I was on a flight a few weeks ago with a guy in the Army. Talked a little bit about his experience. He wasn't being paid chump change and he was a 21 year old with zero college.

I'm starting to question this. Maybe "too low" for the guys just coming in, entry level. But those that decide to make this a career seem to be paid pretty well. I was on a flight a few weeks ago with a guy in the Army. Talked a little bit about his experience. He wasn't being paid chump change and he was a 21 year old with zero college.
My son makes a good living do it. I won't say getting rich but a good living. but, he has gone through a lot of training and schooling to do it.

I will say he works on a regular week 60 hours a week when he is not in the field or pulling overnight CQ duty. He is up and at PT by 0515 to 0530 5 days a week. HOme in the evening when not in field. When he goes to the field he is 24/7 in the field in shitty conditions. For the last two years he has had no leave. Travel restrictions, been gone probably 8 of those week in other areas and training in the field. He has had 33 jumps or so in 18 months. Oh, you get a couple hundred bucks a month for doing that.

It is not an easy road depending on the path you take. Infantry makes the same as an admin clerk in the Navy or AIr Force other than maybe jump pay or hazard duty pay sometimes for somethings. The pay scales are public knowledge. There are pluses and minuses to it.

Reactions: raleighherdfan
Because the Democrat leader has us at 8.3 to 8.5 percent reported inflation which is some cases is probably more than double that on staple food items and such.
Wouldn't be so shocking with decent pay.
3 years, what rank? E-4? Maybe E-5? Might seem like good money to a single guy.

A lot of lower enlisted guys have always been on food stamps. All they count is their base pay, not their housing allowance or anything else.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Wouldn't be so shocking with decent pay.

3 years, what rank? E-4? Maybe E-5? Might seem like good money to a single guy.
I think he said he was E4 making about 52K a year. With no college, thats not bad.

If you have a family, wife probably needs to find a job, establish a career...just like other non military families do.

I think he said he was E4 making about 52K a year. With no college, thats not bad.

If you have a family, wife probably needs to find a job, establish a career...just like other non military families do.
No way he was making that as an E-4 at that age. Maybe factoring in his health benefits or something, but not possible as far as pay, unless maybe he’s in Hawaii getting the BAH rates there, but then $52,000 is nothing in Hawaii.

No way he was making that as an E-4 at that age. Maybe factoring in his health benefits or something, but not possible as far as pay, unless maybe he’s in Hawaii getting the BAH rates there, but then $52,000 is nothing in Hawaii.
Dont know. Thats what he told me.

t I think he said he was E4 making about 52K a year. With no college, thats not bad.

Not sure, E4 with 4 years of service makes $2786.70 per month. He might have dependents which would raise it or some other kind of extra pay.

Not sure, E4 with 4 years of service makes $2786.70 per month. He might have dependents which would raise it or some other kind of extra pay.
Yeah, even with BAH and jump(hazard duty) pay, probably not close to $52,000(unless factoring in a re-enlistment bonus paid annually).

Tell the demographic area where you get a huge chunk of the recruits they're all deplorables, lecture them on woke topics, and keep their pay low. What could possibly go wrong with military recruitment?
That is why it is down significantly and retention is bad.

well: here is the 2022 base pay chart for the military. It does not include special hazard pay or any extra for housing and such. to make 52k in base pay you would have to be at least an E-6 with 12 years of service to hit 52k a year in base pay.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT