ADVERTISEMENT

They say there is no rivals bias for P5 programs but this proves there is

What say you, Josh?
I have a couple thoughts (not that you asked):

* There is 100% a bias towards kids who are offered by the elite of the elite P5s. I'm not sure that bias is too far off base because usually kids good enough to get an offer from the likes of Bama, Clemson or Georgia are the best kids in the country - but the bias exists nonetheless.

* Completely ridiculous that Woody Wommack gave this kid a 5.5/3-star rating (he never wrote an evaluation - to be clear). Fire-able offense if you ask me. The only national analyst Rivals employs who I believe is fair is Rob Cassidy.

* I'm surprised fake profiles don't get created more more often.The amount of fake BS out there on social media is almost staggering. Kids can basically tweet whatever they want and there's almost nothing coaches can do about it. We had a recruit in this class (Jaylon McMillan) who tweeted over and over that he was committed to us (after tweeting we offered him a scholarship) when it turns out we had not even offered a PWO spot to the kid.

* I'm surprised fake profiles don't get created more more often.The amount of fake BS out there on social media is almost staggering. Kids can basically tweet whatever they want and there's almost nothing coaches can do about it. We had a recruit in this class (Jaylon McMillan) who tweeted over and over that he was committed to us (after tweeting we offered him a scholarship) when it turns out we had not even offered a PWO spot to the kid.

Didn't we have a recruit do that very same thing a few recruiting cycles ago?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT