ADVERTISEMENT

This Inflation Is Demand-Driven and Persistent

alphasig1053

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 1, 2006
Although inflation has risen sharply for multiple reasons, increased demand is by far the most important factor. The common argument about strangled ports, microchip shortages, and other supply-side issues simply cannot explain why advanced economies grew so briskly in 2021.

Although inflation has risen sharply for multiple reasons, increased demand is by far the most important factor. The common argument about strangled ports, microchip shortages, and other supply-side issues simply cannot explain why advanced economies grew so briskly in 2021.
You're wife ever stop dating other men??

You're wife ever stop dating other men??
So, in other words...

you-got-nothing.jpg

No. I have.... SUPPLY SIDE FAILURE.

Yep, just like I said, you've got nothing.

What is causing the supply side failure? The Wuhan flu that you still run cover for the CCP over... The global shutdown caused massive interruptions in the SUPPLY CHAIN, which is altogether different than supply side. After initial toilet paper shortages did the market not adjust and ensure you had Charmin, or the cheap, made in China cost cutter brand you likely buy. Good thing since you are so full of $h!+...

The outsourcing of manufacturing jobs and related production over the last 30 years, hastened by Bush-Clinton policies, have nothing to do with this then???

Think we could better manage the global microchip shortage if we actually made those chips here?

US-1.png

It's not a supply side failure, it's a leadership failure that most of us with any sense, which excludes you, saw coming for a long time. Sad thing is it's here right now in front of our very eyes and yet you still don't see it...

Reactions: mlblack16.

What is causing the supply side failure? The Wuhan flu that you still run cover for the CCP over... The global shutdown caused massive interruptions in the SUPPLY CHAIN, which is altogether different than supply side. After initial toilet paper shortages did the market not adjust and ensure you had Charmin, or the cheap, made in China cost cutter brand you likely buy. Good thing since you are so full of $h!+...

The outsourcing of manufacturing jobs and related production over the last 30 years, hastened by Bush-Clinton policies, have nothing to do with this then???

Think we could better manage the global microchip shortage if we actually made those chips here?

US-1.png

It's not a supply side failure, it's a leadership failure that most of us with any sense, which excludes you, saw coming for a long time. Sad thing is it's here right now in front of our very eyes and yet you still don't see it...
Intel is working on building production plants in the United States, it takes a few years to get them online.

After initial toilet paper shortages did the market not adjust and ensure you had Charmin, or the cheap, made in China cost cutter brand you likely buy. Good thing since you are so full of $h!+...

Thanks. Now I know why I get weird Facebook ads.
FB-ad-Toilet-paper.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: KyMUfan
Intel is working on building production plants in the United States, it takes a few years to get them online.

Only took us 30 years to figure that out??? Again look at the chart... Look at the steep decline during the '90s... Hmmm, just as I suspected - Bush-Clinton...

US-1.png

US-1.png

SUPPLY SIDE FAILURE

How old is that data if 2020 is an estimate?

Anyway yeah we should be making them here. That’ll mean an overall reduced standard of living for most people, as making things here is more expansive. But it’ll mean more jobs, and more economic security. But we need to accept that the reduced standard of living is gonna happen.

That’ll mean an overall reduced standard of living for most people, as making things here is more expansive

Will the people employed by the chipmakers have an overall reduced standard of living???

How old is that data if 2020 is an estimate?

Anyway yeah we should be making them here. That’ll mean an overall reduced standard of living for most people, as making things here is more expansive. But it’ll mean more jobs, and more economic security. But we need to accept that the reduced standard of living is gonna happen.
Explain how making things in this country reduces the standard of living. Especially if those things being made are advanced products and not low level commodities.

Reactions: mlblack16.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT