ADVERTISEMENT

This is Like a Really Bad Parks and Rec Episode...Sec State & James Taylor

wvkeeper(HN)

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 4, 2007
Muswell Hillbilly
"Under fire for being a no-show at the Paris March Against Terrorism, the Obama administration sent Secretary of State John Kerry to Paris today to give a "big hug" to the French. In addition to expressing solidarity with the French people, Secretary Kerry brought singer James Taylor to play his 1970s hit song "You've Got A Friend" for the French.
Kerry awkwardly stood by as Taylor played his song for the crowd, who applauded loudly when he was done."

Link

I heard Lurch's, "big hug" comment this morning & just shook my head. How does John Kerry miss an opportunity to go to France? And I didn't know he took James Taylor over - kind of wish I didn't because that's just ridiculous.

I thought I saw that james Taylor was already in Europe for a tour. But you have to love our campfire singalong diplomacy

I think it's kind of a cool gesture. But, hey, I'm not the partisan hack a lot of you mothers are.

Originally posted by HRHF:
I think it's kind of a cool gesture. But, hey, I'm not the partisan hack a lot of you mothers are.
You seriously think that was a "cool gesture"? Really?

Originally posted by wisemaniac:

You'd prefer Kerry droning on in his usual professorial manner?

Maybe I see it differently because I'm a musician. Music can help heal in ways words -- especially words from a politician -- can't.

Originally posted by wisemaniac:

You'd prefer Kerry droning on in his usual professorial manner?

Maybe I see it differently because I'm a musician. Music can help heal in ways words -- especially words from a politician -- can't.
I'd prefer it was handled in a fashion that didn't have us sending a representative well after the fact with some dumbass stunt like this. I play guitar probably 45 minutes to an hour every night & like James Taylor, but this was just ridiculous. Why not bring Banksy over to spray-paint a baguette with a red, white, & blue thumbs up?

They tried but Banksy was booked that day.

(And probably would've snuck some bombs coming out of the bottom of the baguette.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT