ADVERTISEMENT

Ticket prices going up next yr? Monkey see Monkey do??

sluggo72

Silver Buffalo
Aug 31, 2006
Tennessee will add a 10% “talent fee” on all football tickets, starting next season. This fee will go to the players, helping fund the proposed revenue share w/the players. UT estimates per-seat price increase averaging 4.5% for entire stadium

Imo this is a great idea. It gets people donating for NIL without even thinking about it. If people want a serious program, act like it

Reactions: usaHERD
Imo this is a great idea. It gets people donating for NIL without even thinking about it. If people want a serious program, act like it
We don't draw enough for that to even factor in. This whole "chip in to be a big boy program" stuff doesn't jive anymore.

Anyone know what our average ticket price is? $35? So $3.50 per added? We average what 20k? So 70k per game and $420k per season? That's not enough to afford just one of our best players who can get more in the portal.

I know this isn't NIL, but profit sharing, but what's Tennessee's average ticket price? Even if it were $35, they have 105k seats which is a potential of 5x the "talent" revenue we can draw.

This crap is out of control.

We don't draw enough for that to even factor in. This whole "chip in to be a big boy program" stuff doesn't jive anymore.

Anyone know what our average ticket price is? $35? So $3.50 per added? We average what 20k? So 70k per game and $420k per season? That's not enough to afford just one of our best players who can get more in the portal.

I know this isn't NIL, but profit sharing, but what's Tennessee's average ticket price? Even if it were $35, they have 105k seats which is a potential of 5x the "talent" revenue we can draw.

420k at our level could buy an entire new offensive line/defensive line/secondary.

From ESPN article. Not average, but cheapest ticket in 2025.....https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/41302985/tennessee-ups-season-ticket-prices-10-help-pay-athletes

More than ever, Tennessee fans will have to ante up. In 2025, the cheapest season ticket for home football games -- including taxes, the required contribution and talent fee -- will cost $453.75 in the family section, which is in the upper deck. Student ticket prices doubled this season from $10 per game to $20 and will increase to $25 in 2025.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
MU needs to implement this asap. With all the schools having to pay money back on the law suit. It makes sense that they will have to get creative in finding new sources of income.

How much do you realistically think we are paying our entire team right now? I'm not sure if that number goes over 2 mil
You may be right, but how good is our team? Most predicted us to miss a bowl game. This stuff is killing the game for most of the schools. Eventually most fan bases will get completely fed up with it and stop attending games. When year in and year out your best players are getting bought away from you and you can't sustain winning seasons and you can't keep track of your roster it's going to erode interest. Couple that with rising food prices, gas prices, lodging, and just what it costs to attend a game now vs 5 years ago or 10 years ago.

In the beginning of this when it was pitched as players just being able to go out and do commercials, get paid for appearances, and the like that was fine. Bigger teams being able to roster shop and players being able to just skip town once the check has cleared is a whole other deal and it's not a good one for the sport as a whole.

Come on guys. Marshall fans bitched and moaned about $10/seat season tickets for Marshall Baseball. I am now seeing some fans suggesting we limit advertising sales, because we should just "maintain" what we have. :rolleyes:

You may be right, but how good is our team? Most predicted us to miss a bowl game. This stuff is killing the game for most of the schools. Eventually most fan bases will get completely fed up with it and stop attending games. When year in and year out your best players are getting bought away from you and you can't sustain winning seasons and you can't keep track of your roster it's going to erode interest. Couple that with rising food prices, gas prices, lodging, and just what it costs to attend a game now vs 5 years ago or 10 years ago.

In the beginning of this when it was pitched as players just being able to go out and do commercials, get paid for appearances, and the like that was fine. Bigger teams being able to roster shop and players being able to just skip town once the check has cleared is a whole other deal and it's not a good one for the sport as a whole.
I agree, but if our entire team doesn't cost 2 Mil, then 450k buys (for our standard) either a nice oline/dline/secondary

I agree, but if our entire team doesn't cost 2 Mil, then 450k buys (for our standard) either a nice oline/dline/secondary
The team on the field right now might not be costing us that, but it doesn't appear to be a very good team. No one is interested in just giving players money for the sake of it.

Reactions: The Real SamC
The team on the field right now might not be costing us that, but it doesn't appear to be a very good team. No one is interested in just giving players money for the sake of it.
No one knows how good we are man, we whooped a shitter and lost (covered, so played better than vegas expected) vs a preseason ACC champion pick. We won't know this week either

Reactions: Aaron Perkins
Come on guys. Marshall fans bitched and moaned about $10/seat season tickets for Marshall Baseball. I am now seeing some fans suggesting we limit advertising sales, because we should just "maintain" what we have. :rolleyes:
Lol you are really fragile aren't you. I never said we should just maintain what we said bub but hey keep spewing your nonsense.

People didn't get upset over $10/seat season tickets for Marshall baseball, they got upset because the costs associated with the season ticket (the cost of a brick, membership, etc). It had nothing to do with $10/seat.

And you know that.

Reactions: The Real SamC
No one knows how good we are man, we whooped a shitter and lost (covered, so played better than vegas expected) vs a preseason ACC champion pick. We won't know this week either
I think we have a lot of bright spots. Our defense has played very well overall. RB looks good again, we may have the next solid running back to come out of our system and WR looks good too. I would like to see Chapman get in the mix more as a WR but overall they look better than they have for a few years, IMO.

You're right the schedule really doesn't allow us to know just what we have but I think there is reason for hope. I am not sure about the QB or coaching. Those are my biggest areas of concern after 2 games.

You said "maintain what we have". As in don't improve.

I said "maintain the same level of funding" very different meaning. Good try though.

You said "maintain what we have". As in don't improve.

I said "maintain the same level of funding" very different meaning. Good try though.
It is ultimately the same thing. If you maintain the level of current funding...how exactly does a less financially secure program like Marshall improve what you want improved? You should try harder.

420k at our level could buy an entire new offensive line/defensive line/secondary.
No, because if we do it then that means everyone else is which means the price players demand goes up which puts right back where we are today.

The flip side is if everybody buy is does it we just fall behind.

With that said, I am firm that I will never give for NIL. If Marshall does this I’ll just drop my tickets and Big Green and call it a day. There was a time when it meant to much to quit, but that time has passed.

No, because if we do it then that means everyone else is which means the price players demand goes up which puts right back where we are today.

The flip side is if everybody buy is does it we just fall behind.

With that said, I am firm that I will never give for NIL. If Marshall does this I’ll just drop my tickets and Big Green and call it a day. There was a time when it meant to much to quit, but that time has passed.
Well in todays day and age, if we have more fans that believe like this than believe like me (to donate to NIL) then we may as well relegate ourselves back to FCS

How much do you realistically think we are paying our entire team right now? I'm not sure if that number goes over 2 mil
I highly doubt we are anywhere close to that number. The median SEC team is paying about $5MM with the big boys in the SEC between the $10MM - $13MM.

Well in todays day and age, if we have more fans that believe like this than believe like me (to donate to NIL) then we may as well relegate ourselves back to FCS
NIL at Marshall is a waste of funds. You will spend $1MM and the difference may be one win. You can’t spend enough to guarantee championships and if you did all the best players would leave after the season anyway. Then you would have to spend twice as much just to try and be half as good the next year.

It’s a horrible model that has been forced upon a bunch of schools that can’t hope to make it work for them. If a player has NIL value he should hire a manager to go cut legit NIL deals, not just get handed
Money for playing.

I highly doubt we are anywhere close to that number. The median SEC team is paying about $5MM with the big boys in the SEC between the $10MM - $13MM.
I agree we arent close to 2 Mil, that was just a VERY GENEROUS number. Which still proves my point, at our level, 400k buys a very nice position group

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT