ADVERTISEMENT

TJ McMahon

Ok I m going to transfer from Rice to Marshall to be their backup said ….. no one
I would bet he’s been told he has a chance to compete for the job
Almost a 1:1 TD to int ratio. Rice is above Marshall in football?

Looking at his film, he looks to be somewhat accurate, and a decent scrambler. However, seems like the ball stays up in the air a little too long, so may not have decent arm strength, but it's all hard to tell simply from looking at highlight reels of all his good plays. Based on QB play from a year ago, I would think he has a decent chance of seeing significant playing time, although he's behind the 8-ball with this being early May, so learning the play book could be a challenge, since we have 5 or 6 different ones.

Well looks like another Grant Wells when you look at interceptions. Plus why? Huff has a number of QBs already - Fancher, Harrison, Pennington. Does he not feel that they are capable?

Reactions: ilmherdfan
Well looks like another Grant Wells when you look at interceptions. Plus why? Huff has a number of QBs already - Fancher, Harrison, Pennington. Does he not feel that they are capable?
Evidently not. Prior to spring we were not interested in recruiting a QB for 2023. After Spring we're immediately in the portal.

There's nothing special about McMahon so it's not like we had an opportunity to land a big time QB so we changed course.

No the backup situation is evidently pretry bad right now. They may be good down the road, but none of them are even close to Fancher right now and that says a lot.

The thing is if this dude does take the job from Fancher, I could see Cam hitting the portal and being right back to square one.

All fhe hype on Huff's recruiting ability and our QB situation is the worst it's been in a long time.

I watched Rice a couple times last year, this kid isn't bad at all. Still confusing, adding him to the QB room. Could we see some Position Changes for one or two of the current QBs in that room?

I watched Rice a couple times last year, this kid isn't bad at all. Still confusing, adding him to the QB room. Could we see some Position Changes for one or two of the current QBs in that room?
Imagine Fancher as a slot WR. He's too fast to not be on the field, but imo is not a great thrower of the football yet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT