ADVERTISEMENT

To the Basketball Haters

This is going to sound crazy... But not everything is football vs. basketball.

If you take time and actually watch the games, you will see that the basketball team today is significantly better than it was 2-3 games into the season. Having Taylor on the floor is a huge part of that improvement.

This talk of Dan not doing a good job all of sudden because the NCAA didn't allow Taylor to play the first semester blows my mind! Do you realize that team we beat yesterday was 10-1?

if we want to talk about what he doesn't realize, this will be a long thread.

Reactions: horsrman
I really cant debate your point and agree but DD is doing a better job then the last 5 MU hoops coaches including winning an NCAA tourney game. I think he deserves the benefit. BTW, in this transfer rich age of college hoops Bob Huggins recruited a bunch of kids that didn't work out as well. the problem at MU is DD has to recruit kids and develop them. That process takes time and some kids will bust. The good news is he has his team in place for this year and and next. Enjoy the ride

I really like DD a lot and like him as our Coach. I don’t have a problem with him as coach. I just look at him with regular glasses and don’t get enamored with him because of his his attitude towards us fans and turn a blind eye in the many misses. We have had a ay to many. We have a kid that just left that should have never been here. Since DD has been here he has had way too many misses. I am sure he would admit to it as well.

he deserves criticism just like Doc does for his misses. He also deserves criticism for the lack of wins over OOC teams that matters. I thought Saturday’s win was a nice win over a team with a strong record. Sure they had not beat teams with a pulse but we were underdogs on a neutral court and whipped them. That was a nice win right before the conference games starts. The thing that bothers me is the constant whining when the football beats a team that has a good record because they played a bunch of patsies and the Herd fans will say well that team wasn’t really that good because they beat a bunch of nobodies but when the basketball team wins it is a big time win. That is silly in both cases. They are both quality nice wins.

the real issue are the sad losses that our teams tend to have. MTSU and Charlotte in football and getting whipped by the MAC in basketball. Toledo and Akron are good teams but if we want to get to where we want should we be getting whipped by them?

I like this team going forward. Taylor is a nice addition and I don’t know if there is a CUSA team that is dominant. WKU got whipped by Belmont at home this last Saturday. I know Belmont has been a strong team in the past but this is a team with a new coach this year. They do have a win over Boston College at BC. We have a chance to get rolling in conference play. Especially if we can JW back to playing like he is capable.

This talk of Dan not doing a good job all of sudden because the NCAA didn't allow Taylor to play the first semester blows my mind! Do you realize that team we beat yesterday was 10-1?

What's your point?

I hadn't mentioned any negatives about basketball.
I just understand about the need for improvement in the hoops program. We are rebuilding this year and if Taylor had started the season our record would look different.

I don’t expect to win the conference this year..but I believe we are gaining some confidence and will finish in the top half.

Believing that finishing in the top half of a league where there are only five or six teams that take the sport seriously and have the resources is not accepting mediocrity, it is expecting failure. MU should dominate CUSA.

Oh, but wait - you predicted that The Herd would only win 9 or less games this season? Considering we will have 8 by Sunday morning, how do you explain yourself?

So, maybe it wins, in this already lost season, 12 or 15. And?

This is the level that YOU accept.

"I think this team is crap and will win 9 or so games"

"NO!!!! We will win 15!!!!!"

"Look at me, I was right. We are not crap, crap, crap. We are just crap. I'm smart"

The level YOU accept. "Only" being crap.

We should be arguing about 20 to 25 wins, in this woeful conference, EVERY year. There are only 5 or 6 teams that have the resources and even try to win. MU should ALWAYS be in the top group in basketball,

You accept not mediocrity, but a level FAR below mediocrity.

I demand better.

"Look at me, I was right. We are not crap, crap, crap. We are just crap. I'm smart"

We should be arguing about 20 to 25 wins, in this woeful conference, EVERY year. There are only 5 or 6 teams that have the resources and even try to win. MU should ALWAYS be in the top group in basketball,

I demand better.
Then why don't you demand better from football? 1 championship and 2 appearances in 10 years. Is that what you strive for? Less than mediocrity.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
First SamC says...

“As to this team, they are what we thought they are. Duquesne looks very tough, and then comes CUSA, which is what it always has been, plenty of empty wins available. Lowest pod in this idiotic bonus play deal, quick exit.”

And...

“Ending in the lowest pod will also provide a lighter schedule in February. But this team is going nowhere, and it is really sad to think otherwise.”

Fast forward after a 22 point drubbing of that “very tough” (your words) Duquesne team on a neutral floor and suddenly we’re elevated to the “top half of (the) league...” (again your words)...

“Believing that finishing in the top half of a league where there are only five or six teams that take the sport seriously and have the resources is not accepting mediocrity, it is expecting failure. MU should dominate CUSA.”

Your argument is “slip sliding away.” (Paul Simon’s words, not yours)

Finally you set the bar at “20-25 games per year.” (Your words)...

“We should be arguing about 20 to 25 wins, in this woeful conference, EVERY year.”

So I looked up Danny D’s last three years and found...

*2018-19.......23-14
2017-18.......25-11
20-16-17......20-15

*Herdzone’s words...not Paul Simon’s

So I can only conclude...

I demand better.
one more time: If Taylor plays from the start MU wins 7 of its first 10 games. This team has real potential and if you cant see that then your not watching or your hate just runs deep. The problem with this season will be wins may not be a true indictor of how good this team is because of Taylor starting late

Guys, Sam has an ax to grind with DD. Nothing he accomplishes will ever be enough for some strange reason. Just sit back and enjoy his predictions being wrong season after season. He just moved the target to 20-25 wins, but that wasn't enough the past 3 years, so..

Reactions: ARandomHerdFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT