ADVERTISEMENT

Todd Goebbel to coach QBs

For some reason, I picture Josh's research consisting of hiding out in a big laundry basket of the men's locker room, trying to overhear conversations as players "basketball shoot" their jockstraps into said laundry basket.

I'd like to think I'm pretty tapped in considering I have daily conversations with people from within the Shewey Building, athletic department, and Big Green.

That's the problem. Too close to a situation to see the issues at hand. jmo

Working in the Schewey is like living in a fish bowl. They see the whole world as screwed up and they are just fine.

I'd like to think I'm pretty tapped in considering I have daily conversations with people from within the Shewey Building, athletic department, and Big Green.

That's the problem. Too close to a situation to see the issues at hand. jmo

Working in the Schewey is like living in a fish bowl. They see the whole world as screwed up and they are just fine.
The Shewey "sources" always give great intel...lol. It's like schoolgirl gossip at best it seems all too often.

Your making the same argument I made about tony Petersen .... only this guy did it in division ll tony did it in the mac, big12, cusa and the big ten conferences....... come on man ..... we lost tony because doc wouldn't give him the OC job.. tony was to good of a QB coach and air it out passing game guy to just let walk away should had offered him... now we r stuck with bills one page playbook...

lol at tony being an air it out passing game guy.

lol at tony being an air it out passing game guy.

Guess they missed that time at Minnesota when the Gophers had one of the top rushing attacks in the country and had way more rushing yards than passing yards in all but maybe one or two of his years there. Not sure of the national rankings but I would think 3000+ rushing yards would put Peterson's Minnesota offenses pretty high on the list.

I guess Marshall from 1991 to 1998 wasn't an air it out type offense... and QB setting records at (Marshall, Minnesota, Iowa state, and Marshall again) in passing yards don't play in an air it out type offense... thought a good passing game opens up your rushing game........ tony is a air it out type guy... he loves to score points....

I guess Marshall from 1991 to 1998 wasn't an air it out type offense... and QB setting records at (Marshall, Minnesota, Iowa state, and Marshall again) in passing yards don't play in an air it out type offense... thought a good passing game opens up your rushing game........ tony is a air it out type guy... he loves to score points....

i'm guessing you don't realize tony wasn't calling plays at marshall during that time. he was calling plays at minnesota 2000-2006, at la tech for less than the full year in 2013 before skip took over play calling, and this past fall at ecu. in one of those seasons did his offense average more than 275 yards passing per game.

Last edited:
He's was in 1998 and he was QB coach other years... and the fact that everywhere he goes they end up with a record setting QBs tells me he's a air it out type of guy... and the guys a son Marshall I think he would have loved to be here... when Doc brought him back he said he was glad to be home... but oh well I know we don't have him... I just know he would have been the better choice over bill legg...

Why? Coach Mirabel has done a great job. He has the respect of all the players. He treats them like family. Last year his two main seniors were injured almost all season. VanHorn was never the same after his chest surgery and suffered other injuries. Selby was injured early and went for as long as he could go, playing hurt. Both the other guards suffered through injuries. Was breaking in a freshman center. They could not maintain any continuity as they couldn't keep the same starting 5 on the field for two games in a row let alone just for a complete game due to injures.
Because our OLine has backslid every year under him. Injuries happen, they are going to happen. Some of the reason for the starting 5 rotation wasn't due to injury, some was due to bad performance. Look Mirabol seems like a great guy, but I am very unimpressed so far.

He's was in 1998 and he was QB coach other years... and the fact that everywhere he goes they end up with a record setting QBs tells me he's a air it out type of guy... and the guys a son Marshall I think he would have loved to be here... when Doc brought him back he said he was glad to be home... but oh well I know we don't have him... I just know he would have been the better choice over bill legg...

ol, 220 yards per game air it out tony petersen.

fyi, i'm pretty sure marty galbraith called the plays in 1998, as he did in 1999 before moving on to ncsu.

and those record setting qbs include cincy native bryan cupito who threw for a whopping 218 yards per game his senior season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT