ADVERTISEMENT

Top 25 RB's 2015

True lack of respect because of the school that he attends and conference he plays in. Kid is more deserving than that. If he was in Purdue's backfield and had a year like that they would be running him for Heisman....

DJ will crush another 25 defenders beneath his feet, play on Sundays, and get the last laugh. His spot on the list is maybe low, I think he's better than quite a few who are "ranked" higher, but happy to see him getting more recognition. Think about how many teams are at the FBS level, and he made a list of the best 25.

True lack of respect because of the school that he attends and conference he plays in. Kid is more deserving than that. If he was in Purdue's backfield and had a year like that they would be running him for Heisman....

Devon has a shot at being an early round pick if he can demonstrate an ability to catch the ball out of the backfield, can run a decent 40 time and if he can show that his surgically repaired shoulder will hold up during the regular season.

I think he has the ability to play on Sundays.

He will definitely play in the NFL. He is simply a football player.

The guy has been a special teams stud, played effectively at TE (shows he has the hands), been a killer at RB.

Something I would love to see is us go four wide with DJ in the back field and then flex him out to go 5 wide. That would guarantee he would be manned up by a LB. That's a match up we would not lose. Bunch 3 to the wide side and then flex him out to the boundary side, it wouldn't even be fair.

If he was in Purdue's backfield and had a year like that they would be running him for Heisman....

Yeah, but in all fairness, he would be doing it against Ohio State and Michigan State, not FAU and Old Dominion. I'm not sure the numbers would be the same if he were facing some of the best defenses in college football.

At the risk of slighting Marshall, our schedule/conference isn't anything impressive, and most of the teams we were facing couldn't bring him down on the second level, either because of an extreme lack of size or an extreme lack of speed. I don't mean to dis the kid's record, but Bradshaw's performance against UTEP in 2006 was way more impressive to me than DJ's performance against FAU last year, because I've never seen FBS DBs who were that slow in my life.

We play some of the worst teams in Division I, and our OOC scheduling philosophy falls somewhat short of challenging. I don't think it makes sense for us to complain about our players being underestimated by the national media.

He will definitely play in the NFL. He is simply a football player.

The guy has been a special teams stud, played effectively at TE (shows he has the hands), been a killer at RB.

Something I would love to see is us go four wide with DJ in the back field and then flex him out to go 5 wide. That would guarantee he would be manned up by a LB. That's a match up we would not lose. Bunch 3 to the wide side and then flex him out to the boundary side, it wouldn't even be fair.

Catching passes as a tight end is a completely different skill set than catching passes out of the backfield

He caught several passes last year coming out of the backfield and scored on several of them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT