ADVERTISEMENT

Top 25

Apr 15, 2007
I say that this win puts the Herd back in, at 24 or 25 in the final polls.

Q: Does the playoff committee put out a final ranking or is it just the AP and Coaches?

playoff committee has done enough damage this season with its polls, so no it will not post another poll.

If we do not finish in the top 25 after destroying what some on here called such a great bowl opponent (who would also give us much more credibility than beating Illinois) then everyone who made that claim are full of beans.

get in the top 25, it depends on how many from 20 on back lose their bowl games. most of them win no, most of them lose 50/50 shot.

Originally posted by houston_herd_fan:

get in the top 25, it depends on how many from 20 on back lose their bowl games. most of them win no, most of them lose 50/50 shot.
I think a bunch between 17-27 will lose.

USC (24) plays Nebraska (25) - so there's one guaranteed loser.

Minny (26) plays Mizzou (16).

Boise (21) plays ASU (15).

Louisville (20) plays UGA (13).

Auburn (18) plays Wisconsin (19).

Oklahoma (27) plays Clemson (18).

I can legitimately see us at around 22.

Herd doesnt deserve top 15 come on man.. Top 25 sure. We lost to WK and struggled against a couple of other teams. We only deserved to be in top 15 if we played and beat some great teams.... and we didn't. I love Marshall as much as anyone but come on now take the green filtered glasses off. We knew going into the season the schedule was going to kill us... and it did. It's all about perception and the perception is we have a great team and played nobody and had no chance to prove how good we really are... and that is the reality.

Originally posted by Herd4ever07:
Chris, Boise plays Arizona not ASU. Believe Arizona is ranked around 10th.
Good! I like Boise's chances of losing even more now
3dgrin.r191677.gif

In my opinion, which I value very much and as the most important, the Herd deserves a top 15 ranking. Period.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Clemson and byu which had more perception value and Clemson lost by the same or similar score to national champion Florida st that year

Originally posted by huntersdl2007:

Herd doesnt deserve top 15 come on man.. Top 25 sure. We lost to WK and struggled against a couple of other teams. We only deserved to be in top 15 if we played and beat some great teams.... and we didn't. I love Marshall as much as anyone but come on now take the green filtered glasses off. We knew going into the season the schedule was going to kill us... and it did. It's all about perception and the perception is we have a great team and played nobody and had no chance to prove how good we really are... and that is the reality.
Who you play or don't play shouldn't matter. The ONLY question that matters, as far as us being top 15, is this. Are there 15 teams better than us? If not, we deserve to be in the top 15. It's a ranking based on best TEAMS, not hardest SCHEDULES.

We definitely deserve a top 25 ranking. I don't think any team in G5 history has finished 13-1 and not been ranked. Most finished in the top 20 probably.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT