ADVERTISEMENT

Tracy Cleays- Minnesota HC

This same kangaroo court stuff goes on at MU and most every other public college. We currently have such an issue heading to court for the same type of gross violations of due process, although it does not involve athletes. As a lover of the Constitution, I hope MU loses.

Minnesota will be hardpressed to find somebody to take over, considering the chilling message this sends to recruits and the general Big 10 field filler nature of the program anyway.

Did you see the comments from their AD - something to the effect that the fans emails and calls for change played a role as well. He also said they felt the internal issues were more of a factor for change than the on the field product; which was pretty darn good with a 9 win season and bowl win.
Some AD's get it.

Was fired for sticking by his players total BS in my opinion

The tweet was pretty callous towards the situation if you ask me. Cleays could have had his players backs without venting it out on Twitter.

Don't want to get fired? Don't publicly cross your two new bosses. It's not complicated.

I think one has to look at the whole situation before casting any stones at Minnesota's admin. This was a very volitile situation where university standards were siginificantly violated and the image damaged in many eyes. Many think Claey's calling should have been for calm and understanding from the players, and a desire for peaceful communications between the parties. He, instead, took sides when he should have been problem-solving.

Reactions: Chris McLaughlin
I think one has to look at the whole situation before casting any stones at Minnesota's admin. This was a very volitile situation where university standards were siginificantly violated and the image damaged in many eyes. Many think Claey's calling should have been for calm and understanding from the players, and a desire for peaceful communications between the parties. He, instead, took sides when he should have been problem-solving.

My issue is this, These coaches are expected to go and talk to parents during recruitment and give the whole "I will treat your son as my own" speech and then when they do, they get fired.

Reactions: The Real SamC
Seems to be some similarity with Missouri fiasco last year.

We just had a season where this place was boiling about our QB, all the things he was reportedly doing to sabotage the team, how everyone hated him, how he wouldn't even be playing if our pantry wasn't bare (or full of true freshmen), but the response from the pitchforks and torches crowd was to demand that we fire the guy stuck with unenviable task of making that situation work.

Not defending Bill Legg (I don't want to get strung up either), just saying that these fan-led lynchings happen all the time for all kinds of reasons. It doesn't have to make sense. Its probably not going to.

I will not be shocked to see Minnesota back to their normal 5-7 record in no time.

"I won't be up here freezing my ass off, so y'all enjoy the winter," Claeys told Minneapolis TV station KSTP a few hours after being fired.

This same kangaroo court stuff goes on at MU and most every other public college. We currently have such an issue heading to court for the same type of gross violations of due process, although it does not involve athletes. As a lover of the Constitution, I hope MU loses.

Minnesota will be hardpressed to find somebody to take over, considering the chilling message this sends to recruits and the general Big 10 field filler nature of the program anyway.

They will fill the job easy. Not saying I disagree with you about the constitution but somebody will take the job and the money.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT