ADVERTISEMENT

Tree reassessment

greengeezer

Platinum Buffalo
Dec 25, 2007
With the climate becoming increasingly warmer and wetter, I have noticed new plant viruses killing a number of my ornamental trees. I have checked with the local nursery and some of the diseases have no cure.

I will have to evaluate my trees and remove and relocate a number of them. I do this anyway each year. Early this spring, I dug up a Japanese maple and moved it two feet back from my front walk. I finally had to tackle the tree to break it loose from its remaining roots.

Digging up semi mature trees in is labor intensive and I was wondering if any of you own or have knowledge of those Bobcat type mini dozers? I can just see myself zipping along in one of those.

With the climate becoming increasingly warmer and wetter, I have noticed new plant viruses killing a number of my ornamental trees. I have checked with the local nursery and some of the diseases have no cure.

I will have to evaluate my trees and remove and relocate a number of them. I do this anyway each year. Early this spring, I dug up a Japanese maple and moved it two feet back from my front walk. I finally had to tackle the tree to break it loose from its remaining roots.

Digging up semi mature trees in is labor intensive and I was wondering if any of you own or have knowledge of those Bobcat type mini dozers? I can just see myself zipping along in one of those.

you need a mini excavator with a hoe and dozer blade. my neighbor has one and we used it not so long ago to do a bit of preliminary landscaping and have plans of getting it again to do more. it makes everything so much easier when it comes to moving dirt, will turn what looks like a several hour dig in your photo into 15 minutes.

you can likely pick up a decent used one for a few grand. or, there's probably an equipment rental place near you where you could rent one for a few hundred a day.

Reactions: greengeezer
Equipment rental is the way to go, unless you are at that point in life where you want something just because. In that case get it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT