ADVERTISEMENT

TV Show Recommendations

riflearm2

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
Without thinking about it much, my favorite streaming series (non-documentary) of all time have been Tehran (Apple), Bloodline (Netflix), The Queen's Gambit (Netflix), Defending Jacob (Apple), and The Last Thing He Told Me (Apple). The Highwaymen and a western series that I can't remember the name of earned honorable mention. Right now, there is one on Apple that after just two episodes, may join that elite group. Every Wednesday, a new episode of Presumed Innocent is released, and it's fvcking phenomenal. For anybody with Apple or who wants to shell out $6/month, it's a must-watch (again, only two episodes in).

Recently, I've watched Baby Reindeer (Netflix), the documentary How to Rob a Bank (Netflix), A Man in Full (Netflix), and the Ashley Madison documentary (Netflix). All of them are worth watching, but the bank robber documentary is the best of the group.

Any other recent ones that need to be watched?

I havent seen it but the clips from Tires (Netflix) look funny.

I also heard the David Beckham documentary (?I think also Netflix?) was good.

Stax: Soulsville USA(Stax Records story) is excellent!! It’s on Max.

I have access to free Max through something - a credit card, my tv provider, or something. I’ll have to check and sign up.
The soundtrack is fantastic and they really deep dive into the entire story! One of the better music docs I’ve seen.

Several years ago, I couldn’t sleep so I turned on the TV about 3 in the morning. There was a series on PBS about the building of skyscrapers around the world. I believe the series was called Skyscrapers. Dah.

In the episode I watched, the owner of a skyscraper in Indonesia was touring the bottom finished floors of the building with his minions in tow.

Everything was in subtitles and he was very unhappy with the workmanship of the construction. He kept yelling, “Not good! Looks cheap! Tear out and redo better!”

My kind of guy.

Last edited:
Those History channel series The ……That Built America have all been very interesting!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT