ADVERTISEMENT

UCF shares a bye week with Marshall: Potential UCF vs Marshall Oct27 reschedule

One-time Liberty game at home would be a good option, but would they want another return game in the future or use this as a shift of the already scheduled visit in 2023?

I say no to any FCS option ...we've already had that this year. No up side, as we couldn't count that towards bowl eligibility. Basically would be another practice, with possibility of injuries incurred during the meat of conference play. I'd rather 11 game schedule than FCS.

I agree, but i also realize that playing anyone at home is a chance to make a few bucks (even if the stadium is half full) and a chance to get a 12th game as a relatively easy win on paper.

As for bowl elligibility, I think the NCAA would grant a hardship waiver and count a second 1-AA win since being hurricaned out was in no way our fault. But if we are worrying about not winning 6 games then this season has gone way off the rails anyway.

Last edited:
We still get the $1.3MM based on what I have heard. Apparently the conference carries insurance to protect against this type thing concerning big money games.

Not happening... There is a reason non-conference schedules are made years in advance. The contract law and the logistics are not things you throw together in a month.

Marshall's weekend is going to go one of three ways... 1. We play as scheduled at South Carolina... 2. We play on Sunday at South Carolina... 3. The game is cancelled and we play an 11-game regular season.

As much as I’d love to play UCF, ECU or anyone other than WVU a new opponent will not happen. Maybe a 1-AA at home but geez we will see what happens. Plus Marshall still gets the payout from the USC game and they didn’t even have to play. We are screwed with just 11 games because of the stupid Hurricane and the way our schedule worked out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT