ADVERTISEMENT

Vegas has Cincy by 21 tonight

Been quite a show from 3 land - at one point we had 34 points 30 of which were due to 10 3's.

If they can keep it up this would be quite a significant win for the program..however 14 3's in the first half will be hard to match.

Two threes this half , thats cooling off considerably. 2/7

Last edited:
Who is the big guy....#11....????? He's not had a good game, kind of killed you all. Not sure if he's just having a bad game or not.

Everyone realizes Cincy is ranked but as the OP stated we have had this issue ( not closing) with teams that are not even close to the level of Cincinnati

Don't you guys have a sharp shooter named Loop or something like that? Haven't heard anything from him tonight.....I remember him from the WVU-MU games. He always scared me because he could hit it when he crossed halfcourt. Did he graduate?

Don't you guys have a sharp shooter named Loop or something like that? Haven't heard anything from him tonight.....I remember him from the WVU-MU games. He always scared me because he could hit it when he crossed halfcourt. Did he graduate?

Cant play defense, molasses is more Athletic than Loop

Penava needs about 25-30 pounds of muscle - DD and his skinny bigs ,not going to go too far with that type of build. You can not play the game today at his weight and be expected to handle the inside O or D , not going to happen.

Reactions: Herd Fever
The final minute felt that the Elmore kid tried to do too much. Hard to blame him though. That last shot I would have let the Browning kid take it.....with the first half he had, why not?

Reactions: Herd Fever
OT and Taylor fouled out - Elmores last two drives were pretty much out of control , the last was a desperation drive but the one prior was costly.

And another chokejob on the road.

Have we won on the road all year?

Dude, what's your problem? Your team played hard against the #24 ranked team in the nation on the road and never quit. Again, not sure why you are so down on them. If Taylor was in there and had not fouled out, you guys probably win that game.

Reactions: ohio herd
And another chokejob on the road.

Have we won on the road all year?

I will say this. It's obvious you constantly slam the basketball team. But at least they are tolerable to watch and Dan is a personable guy and represents what hard working West Virginians value unlike the football team you seem to always defend.

Reactions: horsrman
I will say this. It's obvious you constantly slam the basketball team. But at least they are tolerable to watch and Dan is a personable guy and represents what hard working West Virginians value unlike the football team you seem to always defend.

I havent defended the football team since the Akron debacle

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
I don't really think this qualifies as a moral victory. Cincy played poorly in the first half, while Marshall was hot from beyond the arc and terrible inside it. Very simple adjustments at halftime cleared that up, with Cincy forcing us inside where we couldn't even get shots off, much less make them. If UC doesn't build a brick wall from the charity stripe in the second half, we lose in regulation by a comfortable margin.

We had a three point lead and possession with less than 30 seconds left in regulation. If you can't win the game in that scenario, you shouldn't.

Blew a 15 point lead to then give the game away in OT.

Elmore hit the floor the last three times he had the ball , two times he had no business trying to drive , one time was a desperation drive ( end of regulation) but the other two were forced moves that he never should have attempted.

Reactions: BleedsGreen33
Im tired of Mediocrity and Moral Victories

No more of this millenial PC "Oh but we played it close crap"

We suck but people dont want to hear it.
Because the majority of our fans do not agree with your assessment. We are still a work In process and most can see the progress we are making and the promise of our future. I am truly sorry you are missing out on the excitement.

Reactions: horsrman
Not disputing everyone's complaints about the loss, but this was a team that is much deeper than we are, and much more skilled from top to bottom. Never happy with a result when it is a loss and without an 8 minute or so bad O/D run would have won. However, of the 4 games I have been able to watch this year, seems like the best effort I have seen defensively from a whole game persepective. If the D had played every game like tonight would have won most if not all our other games. so what happens from here in conf play. if they continue down the road from tonight then we do well, if it is hit and miss we are middle of the road. Certainly will be an exciting season I think.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT