ADVERTISEMENT

Vegas has Cincy by 21 tonight

I really enjoy watching this team. It's frustrating at times but for pure entertainment it's very exciting. They have a good chance to win the league and/or the league tourney.

Reactions: horsrman
Gentlemen , Gentlemen , Gentlemen - excuses , work in progress ( used year in and year out) basically the Whitey Wilson "wait till next year".

This team is horribly undersized by todays standards and unless DD has a couple of 6"10 240-45 pounders in the wings for next season , you will see the same thing. You can not go up against the size of many of the bigs with kids that weigh 200 pounds 6'9 or not.

Yes it was a decent defensive effort however we set the house on fire with 3's in the first half and poured water on that fire in the second half. Cincy did not exactly play a spectacular game to boot. End of the day , another loss but obviously nothing like what took place in Columbus.

seems like the best effort I have seen defensively from a whole game persepective.
I think I was watching another game maybe. I saw UC take most of their shots in the second half uncontested within 4 feet of the basket. Hell, the game-tying basket to force OT was shot with the Marshall defender 8 feet away from the shooter, who just pulled up in transition and buried the three almost uncontested because our guy forgot to guard him, and we knew they needed a three to tie.

We run a fast offense, we shoot pretty well, we score a lot of points, and we pray they miss. That'll win you some games, but no trophies - just ask the D'Antoni we didn't hire.

Do you guys have a legit post player coming in next year (high school or JC)? After watching your game tonight, and again I don't know much about your team, but you have the pieces there. Now, who do you lose? I assume Taylor? He's pretty good. Browning I heard them say was a senior, is that right?

If you guys could get a post player, you will win C-USA next year. I actually enjoyed some basketball tonight. That was a fun game.

Good luck the rest of the way! I'm one WVU fan that's hoping you can make a run this year and break that 30 year drought.

Reactions: Fishn8ntEz
OT and Taylor fouled out - Elmores last two drives were pretty much out of control , the last was a desperation drive but the one prior was costly.
As I said last year, someone trying to be a Hotdog and a Hero was going to cost the team in a big game some day. Not mentioning any names though.

Turn on DD and the boys all you want. I was sitting under Marshall basket, Elmore fouled on both last drives, last one in regulation extremely bad. CJ fouled on drive late in overtime also. All no calls. Had to drive UC was out putting pressure on Herd, made D adjustment to take away 3 ball.

Last edited:
Turn on DD and the boys all you want. I was sitting under Marshall basket, Elmore fouled on both last drives, last one in regulation extremely bad. CJ fouled on drive late in overtime also. All no calls. Had to drive UC was out putting pressure on Herd, made D adjustment to take away 3 ball.

Yeah, but when you drive over and over and draw 2-3 defenders EVERY time, then someone should be open on the wings, somewhere, even if they're standing flat footed with their thumbs up their butts! Elmore must think that at crunch time he has to take the ball all the way to the hole on every play. NO one, not even an All-American is going to get the call EVERY TIME. Especially on the road. Coach D has already commented on this tendency, although not citing names, of wanting to play one on one, essentially "playground" ball and not staying within the context of the offense. Personally, we shoot ourselves out of a lead, even a big lead, as often as we shoot ourselves into a lead.

Another thing, and speak honestly, how often do you see Herd players drive to the goal and continue without any variation? Elmore and Ryan Taylor, for example want to drive and continue to the goal on almost EVERY PLAY. Have they every driven, then stopped, pump faked, and shoot an intermediate jump shot? Browning does this at times and is effective, wish the other two would give it a try. Or, have our guys ever heard of the "step back" shot, much less shot one? To me this goes to coaching, or lack thereof. Then, too, there is "boxing out" on rebounding, but that's for another day!!

Reactions: dangerousdaneerfan
Do you guys have a legit post player coming in next year (high school or JC)? After watching your game tonight, and again I don't know much about your team, but you have the pieces there. Now, who do you lose? I assume Taylor? He's pretty good. Browning I heard them say was a senior, is that right?

If you guys could get a post player, you will win C-USA next year. I actually enjoyed some basketball tonight. That was a fun game.

Good luck the rest of the way! I'm one WVU fan that's hoping you can make a run this year and break that 30 year drought.

Yes, we have a guy coming in next year that I believe is 6'9" with some size on him.

We played a pretty good non-conference schedule and have yet to play a game at full strength. After Pitt, we will have played 6 of 13 games on the road. Clearly we need to learn to play on the road, but I think having to play deep into our bench will help us in conference play.

Yes, we have a guy coming in next year that I believe is 6'9" with some size on him.

We played a pretty good non-conference schedule and have yet to play a game at full strength. After Pitt, we will have played 6 of 13 games on the road. Clearly we need to learn to play on the road, but I think having to play deep into our bench will help us in conference play.
The 6'9" guy, Bennett, will have to sit out next year. We are recruiting a 6'8" JUCO player, however. He is one of the top JUCO scorers in America

Yeah, but when you drive over and over and draw 2-3 defenders EVERY time, then someone should be open on the wings, somewhere, even if they're standing flat footed with their thumbs up their butts! Elmore must think that at crunch time he has to take the ball all the way to the hole on every play. NO one, not even an All-American is going to get the call EVERY TIME. Especially on the road. Coach D has already commented on this tendency, although not citing names, of wanting to play one on one, essentially "playground" ball and not staying within the context of the offense. Personally, we shoot ourselves out of a lead, even a big lead, as often as we shoot ourselves into a lead.

Another thing, and speak honestly, how often do you see Herd players drive to the goal and continue without any variation? Elmore and Ryan Taylor, for example want to drive and continue to the goal on almost EVERY PLAY. Have they every driven, then stopped, pump faked, and shoot an intermediate jump shot? Browning does this at times and is effective, wish the other two would give it a try. Or, have our guys ever heard of the "step back" shot, much less shot one? To me this goes to coaching, or lack thereof. Then, too, there is "boxing out" on rebounding, but that's for another day!!
Believe me, Danny will address the lack of ball movement over the last 5-6 minutes of regulation and OT. Too much of one man trying to go alone. It was evident by a couple players in the game. Not much upsets Danny much more than that.

If Bennett is the kid that was mentioned some weeks ago this is then the kid that DD wants to drop to 200-215 or so , and that once again is going to be too light. A 6'9 / 6'10 needs to be in the neighborhood of 240 -245 and pure muscle not 240 - 245 out of shape baby fat but solid muscle - ck out Kentucky's 6'10 's ( not saying we can every figure on having that type of talent) and you will see what I am talking about , those kids are seriously in shape , muscular and quick.

Drop Bennett to 200-215 and you will have nothing more than what is already on the floor being manhandled.

No one. Brush it off to another nonsensical '77 rant.
I was honestly wanting to hear his explanation haha. Nonsensical would be the word to describe it.

5810cc328cfc2.image.jpg

We talk all the time about needing to bulk Penava up, yet '77 somehow got it in his head that Dan wants to take this guy down to Penava's weight...just funny. Bennett will probably play in the 260-280 range.

McLaughlin - read much? It was noted a few weeks ago , but then you have to pay attention to more than following me 24/7 and bashing most anything I post.

If the information was incorrect then I stand corrected - however the jist was that DD wanted the kids weight dropped big time.

McLaughlin - read much? It was noted a few weeks ago , but then you have to pay attention to more than following me 24/7 and bashing most anything I post.

If the information was incorrect then I stand corrected - however the jist was that DD wanted the kids weight dropped big time.
Fair enough. Consider yourself corrected.

We want him in shape, so he can play with pace. It doesn't matter how much he weighs as long as he can run with the ball. He's dropped a ton of weight already from 2015-2016.

56797be81ab6f.image.jpg

Cuut5yUWAAApOV-.jpg

Reactions: MARSHALL77

I pay attention to everything that goes on with this site. Sort of my job. Noticing your repeated ridiculousness just comes with the territory.

The only thing that would get Bennett to 200-215 would involve amputation. I will say this...if the guys making these comments have such little knowledge of what's going on I'm not sure we should take that criticism seriously.

Kinda what I was thinking. Good response. I really crack up at some of the stuff our fans come up with.

If Bennett could even get to 200-215 then Marshall should bottle up he method and sell it. We would make a lot of money in weight loss drugs. Hahahah

Surprised fever hasn't chimed in here. two of the most negative posters I have ever seen. just plain idiocy to think anybody expects or desires Bennett to get down to 200

We shall see what we see - if Bennett is at 290 he will be very limited in the amount of time he will be on the floor , no way he can go 30+min at 290 , be lucky to get 20 out of him if his weight is muscle that is something entirely different , his BMI needs a major a adjustment .

Think you will find the kids weight regardless of what it is will be an ongoing issue for however long he is with the program.

Penava needs to be bulked up ( muscle ) to 230-235 or he will continue to be pushed around as he is at this time

Point of this is - until this program comes up with bigs that are muscular with good BMI's and speed what you see taking place will continue. Take a look at Adebayo at Kentucky and you will see the body model I am talking about.

Last edited:
We shall see what we see - if Bennett is at 290 he will be very limited in the amount of time he will be on the floor , no way he can go 30+min at 290 , be lucky to get 20 out of him if his weight is muscle that is something entirely different , his BMI needs a major a adjustment .

Think you will find the kids weight regardless of what it is will be an ongoing issue for however long he is with the program.

Penava needs to be bulked up ( muscle ) to 230-235 or he will continue to be pushed around as he is at this time

Point of this is - until this program comes up with bigs that are muscular with good BMI's and speed what you see taking place will continue. Take a look at Adebayo at Kentucky and you will see the body model I am talking about.

Let's see...
You say...we need big men
We say...we have Bennett coming in next year.
You say...kids going 200-210 can't help us. They're too small.
We say...um, this kids 6'10" and goes 315.
You say...what? That kid will never get up and down the floor. He's too big.
You continue to say...we need bigs like Adebayo from Kentucky.
To which I say...why didn't you tell us before he went to Kentucky? I mean ...I didn't know that all we have to do is recruit top players in the nation to be good. Why didn't you tell us earlier?
To which I further say...why don't you just give us the Goldilocks zone of player size...you know...not too big, not too small...juuuuust right! I'll forward it to DD and we can start becoming bonafide.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT