ADVERTISEMENT

Vegas O/U for 2017 Win totals

Wow. Vegas is usually right.

I still think last season was an aberration, a "perfect storm" of sorts of immaturity at QB, which lead to poor team chemistry , and then throw lots of injuries on top of that and you have 3-9.

The one thing that disturbs me most though was the lack of discipline and even caring on the sideline right behind Hollidays back. I've never seen Marshall teams not care or just quit, ever. Ever.

However a season similar to this happened one year when Doc's protege at weees vaginya Don Nehlen came back from a horrible season and he had a great season.

One thing for sure we will have a good idea of what to expect 9-2-17 about 10pm.

We lose that game and that stadium is going to be emptier than its ever been to the rest of the season.

I'm not a betting man, or even given to making predictions. But if I was, I'd take the OVER.

Reactions: pdbailey
We will have improved our record from last season, but I say five wins won't be an improvement for the program. Last year, Marshall was a seven-win team that only won three games. Mega-underachiever. This season may still be an off-year for the program. But an off-year for Marshall, with this season's schedule, should be 7-8 wins. Still not making predictions, but seven wins is my floor. I'll be disappointed with anything less.

Which of you is going to pony the money to send Doc packing? 19MU88 says 8 or the gate. So where will the money come from? Governor Justice? Highly doubt that. We win 3-4 games Doc stays as Hamrick made all this possible by continuously granting contract extensions as if Doc was being highly sought after. Sorry 19MU we are stuck.

Reactions: Ninegate
I say we win 6-7 football games, push all season for the East division title and a bowl. Guys, we get Old Dominion at home, Hillsnobbers at home, and Charlotte....basically at home. They only team that may drill our asses is Middle on some payback crap. Other than that, it's not going to be like in the past where WKU owns the league. In the East, everyone is going to beat up on each other, it's going to be a good race based on which football team can protect home field. Go Herd!

Not to get too controversial, but wasn't we all worried that Doc may head to Pitt after 2014 season? One bad season and half of the fanbase has jumped ship. I get we had more than just injury issues last year to cause what happened and should have been avoided. I am more than willing to see what he is made of, he built a solid team to achieve 3 10 win seasons+, winning all 3 bowls, 4 if you include the 2011 season, I would imagine that he can rebuild it back. If he does, I think we should stop questioning his ability to be the Head Coach. What AD wouldn't have given Doc an extension and higher wage after a season like 2014? Most would have. We are tapped out on coaching salaries, I don't honestly think we could afford better at this point in time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT