ADVERTISEMENT

Walmart Savings Catcher App/ Bluebird Card

GK4Herd

Aug 5, 2001
Anyone doing this? I don't really like to mess with this kind of stuff but my wife is using it so no big deal for me. You download the Walmart Savings Catcher app and you're ready to go. Whenever you make a purchase from Walmart you simply open the app and scan the barcode on the receipt. That's it. It takes about 15 seconds. Then in about 24 hours you will receive a Walmart Credit. The credit is based on the difference between what you purchased the items for and what any of Walmart's competitors are selling that same item for locally.

Now here's the second part. You can get a Blue Bird banking card (found by the register in Walmart with all the other preload cards) and open it by preloading a dollar. They do this at the register. The Blue Bird card is a no fees banking card where, if you choose, you can deposit your pay checks and use like any other debit card...just no fees. I have no use for it, but keep the card open with the original $1 I loaded when I bought it. Now...you can transfer all the Walmart Credits to the Blue Bird card (you do it online) and it automatically doubles your credit. You can spend those credits at Walmort or Walmart online using the Blue Bird card just like you would use your debit card.

Once set up it takes hardly any time to administer. To get an idea, my wife has used it since Christmas and we have received over $200 of credits so far. I lost my Fitbit and went to buy another. We just scanned the card like we do with our debit card and it worked perfect. Anyway...free money without a lot of hassle.

Walmarts in WV and the ones I went to in VA are good. They're generally clean, well stocked, good selection, good prices; I've got no complaints. Walmarts in California are god-awful abominations. They're dirty, close at like 10PM, and have a really bad selection compared to other big box stores (Targets out here are usually nice) and compared to WV/VA Walmarts. When I first moved out here I went to a couple and thought it was just because they're older, but then they opened up a brand new one about a year ago and it's more of the same.

Originally posted by HerdandHokies:
Walmarts in WV and the ones I went to in VA are good. They're generally clean, well stocked, good selection, good prices; I've got no complaints. Walmarts in California are god-awful abominations. They're dirty, close at like 10PM,
You obviously never went to the Walmart in Elkins before they changed it to a Supercentre.

I said generally. I'm sure there are bad ones, and before they started transforming them into supercenters there definitely were some run down ones, but in general they aren't bad at all.

I know, I was not trying to imply that you were saying that as an absolute. Raoul saw a woman in a Burka at the Walmart in Grafton.

I saw 2 grown men on Route 10 by 16th street about a year ago. Both dressed out in complete black with towels on they're head in a rental car from VA.

I still have nightmares of that day
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I'd take a store load of terrorist in Walmart over one old woman in a motorized cart. They're just flat dangerous.

My wife uses it, and we save a ton of money. I've never understood the hate for a company that conveniently supplies low-cost products.

Originally posted by murox:
I've never understood the hate for a company that conveniently supplies low-cost products.
Supply some fvcking cashiers and open more than two checkout lanes and I wouldn't be calling for all Walmarts to be hit by fire and brimstone. Life is short, I don't care to stand in line (often behind out of control kids and smelly parents, to boot) for thirty minutes.

Maybe Walmart should do like the amusement parks, and let us buy passes to skip the lines. Not only does it save time, but I love the feeling of superiority going past all the cheap asses waiting for an hour to ride the Thrill-n-Puke.

My wife uses it, and we save a ton of money. I've never understood the hate for a company that conveniently supplies low-cost products.
maybe because they run out small business and create unemployment,
food stamp, medicade recipients in other words I have to subsidize their
employees.

your wife would own her own pharmacy if not for walmart.

i thought that is what you are all about.

bunch of Wal-Mart shopping herd fans. who the hell would've ever thought that? ;) j/k.

thanks for sharing, OP, will tell the wife about it.

Originally posted by WV-FAN:
bunch of Wal-Mart shopping herd fans. who the hell would've ever thought that? ;) j/k.

thanks for sharing, OP, will tell the wife about it.
I was ready for my "bunch of Kmart shopping WVU fans" but since you're being nice....you're welcome.

Originally posted by dherd:

maybe because they run out small business and create unemployment,
food stamp, medicade recipients in other words I have to subsidize their
employees.

your wife would own her own pharmacy if not for walmart.

i thought that is what you are all about.
More proof you are not an accountant or businessman Dtard. Funny things happen when a new walmart opens up..................Development explodes around them. Hell, even in Htgn, there wasn't but run down motels, lice infested strip bars, a run down drive in theatre, Carrol's truck stop and very little else up and down Rte 60 for years while growing up there. One of the most congested areas of town now. And definitely not as big a shithole as it used to be.

Originally posted by Raoul Duke MU:
Pretty sure there was stuff there before Walmart. Shoneys, Taco Bell, a steak place (a shitty one, that then became the Cheetah), the car dealership...

That's the old Walmart, of course.

What was the name of that steak place?

Posted from Rivals Mobile
I don't remember the steak place. I remember the cheetah building being some breakfast joint too before it was the cheetah. You had the old empty Hills Dept store plaza up behind the taco bell too. Its been totally built out new and a bunch of new condos/homes now being built on the hill behind Golden Corral. Yeah the car dealerships have always been there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT