ADVERTISEMENT

Watching the Herd

thundermax

Silver Buffalo
Oct 2, 2005
basketball game vs FIU. This is a Mickey Mouse league. They must have 25 people in attendance poor broadcast. Herd up 12-0 with 16:49 left in the 1st qtr

You know it's a poor crowd when the half time entertainment for prizes / free hot dogs is the cheerleaders against the band. That's the only people in attendance

Reactions: ARandomHerdFan
You know it's a poor crowd when the half time entertainment for prizes / free hot dogs is the cheerleaders against the band. That's the only people in attendance

LOL! Our play by play guy, Steve Cotton, swore he counted at least 50 Herd Fans there, and said it was MORE than the FIU fans present, not counting their pep band!!!

It is what it is. We are where we are, it ain't going to change. We need to learn to live with it. Anyone who thinks we can get into a big time college sports conference is living in LA LA land. Are we in better shape than when in the MAC, in some ways yes in some ways no. In my opinion it is a push. Can we get in the AAC, at some point yes, but the cost involved is not worth it. The only reason to try to move to the AAC is to eventually jump to big time college conf. If UH, Cinci and others currently in the AAC could not get there what makes anyone think we can jump them. We need to learn to live with what we are in the grand sceme of college football. also rans. Better off in gathering up 6-8 bowls to do a G5 championship. That is where it is going anyway, why not jump it forward and be in front of the NCAA and others(ESPN) to get the best amount of dollars before they get the upper hand.

Wow. Yet ANOTHER CUSA bash thread. Complete with false memories of life in the lowly MAC. This one built around over PRETTY GOOD basketball team and ignoring that WE WON.

Boo, hoo. Nobody comes to FIU games. Nobody will be at the FAU game either. Yep. Because these two teams are fanless. Always have been, always will be. And fans build programs. Yes, they do. The important element, at the end of the day is not school size, market size, nor TV $$. It is how many people are willing to dip into their hard earned money and buy tickets, join the booster club, buy gear, and bitch at the cable company to add this or that channel.

And we have fans. We need to worry about that, and not about these pointless ventures in south Florida that never will amount to anything, in basketball as well as football. No matter who their latest retread coach is or how many thugs he recruits.

Yeah, well so much for the ballyhooed argument that getting both FIU and FAU would give CUSA exposure and a presence in sports rich South Florida!! In the greater MIami-South Florida region these two teams visibility is virtually "flat lined" along with their total fan support in an area of what, 5-7 million people! I'll bet the Miami paper's write up of the HERD FIU game was about 2 inches high buried somewhere on page 8 or 9 of the Classified Ad section!!

Maybe some do have a problem here, I don't. I have my opinion and am sticking to it. If people think I am a non or fair weather fan because I don't think we will ever get to the point of expecting us to have a chance at the 1-A championship, so be it. I have learned over the years to be pragmatic and just don't see it. do the best we can with the situation we re in and resources that we have. Do I like the current configuration of CUSA - nope, but that is where we are. Looking at a cost/benefit analysis, the cost of moving to the AAC is not worth the benefits. Same insignificant bowls(the little bit of better rated opponents is not going to help enough), doubt if attendance increases in any significant way, and will not change our ability to schedule better teams in non conf play. If we had a person like Tilman Fretitta to give 100's of millions of dollars to our programs then I say go for it. We do not have that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT