ADVERTISEMENT

WE HAVE A FOX IN THE WHITE HOUSE

dherd

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 23, 2007
Fox News has always been partisan. But has it become propaganda?
Fox alumni, say that it has evolved into something that hasn’t existed before in the United States. Nicole Hemmer,, says of Fox, “It’s the closest we’ve come to having state TV.

“Fox is not just taking the temperature of the base—it’s raising the temperature,” she says. “It’s a radicalization model.” For both Trump and Fox, “fear is a business strategy—it keeps people watching.” As the President has been beset by scandals, congressional hearings, and even talk of impeachment, Fox has been both his shield and his sword. The White House and Fox interact so seamlessly that it can be hard to determine, during a particular news cycle, which one is following the other’s lead. All day long, Trump retweets claims made on the network; his press secretary, Sarah Sanders, has largely stopped holding press conferences, but she has made some thirty appearances on such shows as “Fox & Friends” and “Hannity.” Trump, Hemmer says, has “almost become a programmer.”

Bill Kristol, who was a paid contributor to Fox News.... said of the network, “It’s changed a lot. Before, it was conservative, but it wasn’t crazy. Now it’s just propaganda.” Joe Peyronnin, a professor of journalism at N.Y.U., was an early president of Fox News, in the mid-nineties. “I’ve never seen anything like it before,” he says of Fox. “It’s as if the President had his own press organization. It’s not healthy.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/03/11/the-making-of-the-fox-news-white-house

Reactions: Chevy1
Obama has his way with nearly every other press outlet in the free world. It is the other sides turn now with one channel.

The fact that comments like that can even be made with a straight face is laughable. Until Fox News, liberalism dominated the news. Forgive me if I don’t cry over having another option.

Reactions: 19MU88
Fox News has always been partisan. But has it become propaganda?
Fox alumni, say that it has evolved into something that hasn’t existed before in the United States. Nicole Hemmer,, says of Fox, “It’s the closest we’ve come to having state TV.

“Fox is not just taking the temperature of the base—it’s raising the temperature,” she says. “It’s a radicalization model.” For both Trump and Fox, “fear is a business strategy—it keeps people watching.” As the President has been beset by scandals, congressional hearings, and even talk of impeachment, Fox has been both his shield and his sword. The White House and Fox interact so seamlessly that it can be hard to determine, during a particular news cycle, which one is following the other’s lead. All day long, Trump retweets claims made on the network; his press secretary, Sarah Sanders, has largely stopped holding press conferences, but she has made some thirty appearances on such shows as “Fox & Friends” and “Hannity.” Trump, Hemmer says, has “almost become a programmer.”

Bill Kristol, who was a paid contributor to Fox News.... said of the network, “It’s changed a lot. Before, it was conservative, but it wasn’t crazy. Now it’s just propaganda.” Joe Peyronnin, a professor of journalism at N.Y.U., was an early president of Fox News, in the mid-nineties. “I’ve never seen anything like it before,” he says of Fox. “It’s as if the President had his own press organization. It’s not healthy.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/03/11/the-making-of-the-fox-news-white-house
You’ve got him now!

Reactions: 19MU88
gotta admit, i watch CNN more than FOX. pure entertainment watching lib news anchors, if that's what you want to call them, cry over everything.

YOU GUYS ARE FULL OF CRAP - EVERY REAL NEWS ORG. REPORTS THE NEWS STRAIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE, IF ANYTHING THEY GIVE CONS THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT. A CON ROBS A BANK A PRO JAYWALKS THEY REPORT THEM AS EQUIVALENT - BOTH SIDES ARE GUILTY.

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD - THE NETWORKS LET TRUMP CALL IN TO THE SUNDAY SHOWS FROM HOME IN HIS PAJAMAS - WHEN HAVE YOU EVER SEEN THAT BEFORE. THEY COVERED ALL HIS RALLIES DURING THE PRIMARIES - THEY DIDNT DO THAT FOR ANYONE ELSE,
THEY TREATED CLINTONS EMAILS AND WIKILEAKS LIKE IT WAS THE CRIME OF THE CENTURY.

CONS HAVE BEEN DOING THIS SINCE NIXON - CRY ABOUT THE UNFAIR MEDIA EVERY TIME THE GET CAUGHT.

IF NOT FOR CNN & THE RUSSIANS CROOKED DONALD TRUMP WOULD NOT BE WHERE HE IS. HELL HE WAS 10 POINTS DOWN AT THE END OF SEPTEMBER
WHEN RUSSIA WENT INTO OVERDRIVE AND CNN STARTED COVERING CLINTON EMAILS LIKE IT WAS WATERGATE.

GET OVER IT, IF YOU DONT LIKE WHAT YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS ARE DOING VOTE THEM OUT AND VOTE SOME HONEST PEOPLE IN.

RIGHT NOW ON CNN THEY ARE TALKING ENDLESSLY ABOUT ARE THE THE DEMS OVERREACHING WITH ALL THE CORRUPTION WE SEE EVERY DAY.

YOU GUYS LOVE DO DISH IT OUT BUT EVERY TIME YOU GET EVEN A LITTLE BACK AT YOU YOU CRY LIKE A BABY.

LOOK BACK AT WHO THE NETWORK WHITE HOUSE CORRESPONDENTS HAVE BEEN OVER THE YEARS AT LEAST HALF HAVE BEEN RIGHT WINGERS - GET REAL & GET HONEST.

FOX ISNT NEWS -
IT IS PURE PROPAGANDA - I HAVE RELATIVES THAT MAKE HERDMAN LOOK LIKE BERNIE SANDERS WHO HAVE STOPPED WATCHING FOX AND WATCH CNN BECAUSE FOX DOES NOT REPORT THE NEWS, AND THEY WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON.

State tv.

ACTUALLY I THINK ITS WORSE THAN THAT - ITS THE OTHER WAY AROUND - FOX CONTROLS THE REPUBLICAN
PARTY - THEY RUN TRUMP - WITHOUT THE SUPPORT OF FOX HE AND ANY OTHER CON POL YOU NAME WOULD
BE TOAST AND THEY ALL KNOW IT - THATS WHY THEY ALL KISS THE ACE OF EVERY PART OF RIGHT WING MEDIA.

FOX - RIGHT WING MEDIA CONTROL THE DITTO HEADS - THUS THEY CONTROL THE PARTY AND THE POLITICIANS. THATS WHY YOU SEE CON POLS GO FROM HATED TO LOVED FROM ONE DAY TO THE NEXT THEN LOVED AGAIN ON THE THIRD DAY.

CONSERVATIVES DO NOT THINK - THEY ARE TOLD WHAT TO THINK - THEY WANT TO BE LED AROUND AND FOX DOES THE LEADING.

Last edited:
ACTUALLY I THINK ITS WORSE THAN THAT - ITS THE OTHER WAY AROUND - FOX CONTROLS THE REPUBLICAN
PARTY - THEY RUN TRUMP - WITHOUT THE SUPPORT OF FOX HE AND ANY OTHER CON POL YOU NAME WOULD
BE TOAST AND THEY ALL KNOW IT - THATS WHY THEY ALL KISS THE ACE OF EVERY PART OF RIGHT WING MEDIA.

FOX - RIGHT WING MEDIA CONTROL THE DITTO HEADS - THUS THEY CONTROL THE PARTY AND THE POLITICIANS. THATS WHY YOU SEE CON POLS GO FROM HATED TO LOVED FROM ONE DAY TO THE NEXT THEN LOVED AGAIN ON THE THIRD DAY.

CONSERVATIVES DO NOT THINK - THEY ARE TOLD WHAT TO THINK - THEY WANT TO BE LED AROUND AND FOX DOES THE LEADING.

Jennifer Rubin, another conservative used to appear on the network, but wouldn’t do so now. “Fox was begun as a good-faith effort to counter bias, but it’s morphed into something that is not even news,” she says. “It’s simply a mouthpiece for the President, repeating what the President says, no matter how false or contradictory.”

Jennifer Rubin, another conservative used to appear on the network, but wouldn’t do so now. “Fox was begun as a good-faith effort to counter bias, but it’s morphed into something that is not even news,” she says. “It’s simply a mouthpiece for the President, repeating what the President says, no matter how false or contradictory.”

Jennifer Rubin, Max Boot, etc. are complicit in what the GOP has become, and they and their ilk can go get fvcked for only now coming out against what they helped create.

Jennifer Rubin, Max Boot, etc. are complicit in what the GOP has become, and they and their ilk can go get fvcked for only now coming out against what they helped create.

AGREED & YOU CAN THROW GEORGE WILL & BILL CRYSTOL IN THAT GROUP ALSO - BUT AT LEAST THEY ARE SPEAKING OUT - UNLIKE MOST OF THE OTHERS - WHO WILL DO ANYTHING FOR POWER. ESPECIALLY NOW THAT THE MONEY HAS BEEN CUT OFF.

We've had state news outlets for years now. Libs just didn't complain about it when their side was in the Whitehouse. No news outlets should be biased. Unfortunately for the people, they all are. I would love to see be a true, unbiased news source. CNN, Fox, NBC - they all make me want to vomit.

We've had state news outlets for years now. Libs just didn't complain about it when their side was in the Whitehouse. No news outlets should be biased. Unfortunately for the people, they all are. I would love to see be a true, unbiased news source. CNN, Fox, NBC - they all make me want to vomit.
I agree the vast majority of news outlets possess an ideological slant per their reporting. However, I don't believe CNN, NBC or CBS would sit on a story the way Fox did the Trump/Daniels affair. If there's proof that has occurred, please share a link - I wouldn't be surprised.

Fox News reportedly killed a sordid Stormy Daniels story before the 2016 election

I agree the vast majority of news outlets possess an ideological slant per their reporting. However, I don't believe CNN, NBC or CBS would sit on a story the way Fox did the Trump/Daniels affair. If there's proof that has occurred, please share a link - I wouldn't be surprised.

Fox News reportedly killed a sordid Stormy Daniels story before the 2016 election

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2018/10/26/why-did-nbc-news-bury-its-avenatti-expose/amp/

See also, Harvey Weinstein.

Finally, she heard from Ken LaCorte, then a Fox executive. "Good reporting, kiddo," he allegedly told her. "But Rupert wants Donald Trump to win. So just let it go."

Moreover, a network doesn't have to just "sit" on a story to show bias. There are tons of ways networks are biased in their reporting. Don't believe me? Turn on Fox, NPR, CNN, etc. and listen, objectively, for 1 hour. After that, come back and tell me you don't think their reporting is far more than mildly slanted one way

Back in the 90s, GM exposed NBC for mis-reporting the outcome of a crash test. NBC paid GM a large. settlement and fired the show's producer among others.

Then there's CBS with the Dan Rather debacle and his phony military fitness appraisal for W.

No news outlets should be biased.

“So much for Objective Journalism. Don't bother to look for it here--not under any byline of mine; or anyone else I can think of. With the possible exception of things like box scores, race results, and stock market tabulations, there is no such thing as Objective Journalism. The phrase itself is a pompous contradiction in terms.” Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72

Reporting and journalism are two distinct things.

Bias due to story selection isn't the problem. An organization that is biased in story selection can still have high factual content. Washington Post is left biased, Washington Examiner (if I remember correctly) is right biasd. Both have high factual reporting.

Bias due to story selection isn't the problem. An organization that is biased in story selection can still have high factual content. Washington Post is left biased, Washington Examiner (if I remember correctly) is right biasd. Both have high factual reporting.

DO NOT CONFUSE NEWS REPORTING WITH EDITORIALS.
THE POST THE TIMES THE JOURNAL ARE ALL STRAIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE WITH NEWS REPORTING, THEY GO TO EXTRAORDINARY LENGTHS TO MAKE SURE THEY HAVE IT RIGHT (GO BACK AND WATCH AL THE PRESIDENTS MEN) .

THE E3DITORIALS ARE LEFT ON THE TIMES ALTHOUGH THEY ALSO HAVE A FEW CONSERVATIVE COLUMNISTS, THE POST EDITORIALS LEAN LEFT BUT THEY HAVE A CONSIDERABLE CONSERVATIVE CONTENT. THE JOURNAL HAS A DEFINITE CONSERVATIVE EDITORIAL PAGE WITH VERY VERY FEW IF ANY LET COLUMNISTS.

FOX ION THE OTHER HAND IS 24/7 PROPAGANDA DISGUISED AS NEWS EXCEPT FOR SHEP SMITH WHO IS A STRAIGHY REPORTER

Fox in the White House
a55040bb2194871ad07c9cbf6f08690f.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT