ADVERTISEMENT

Weddings

riflearm2

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2004
I came across this wedding attire mandate. I see more and more of these that are insistent on what guests can and can't wear. I can understand dictating formal, black tie, semi-formal, business casual, etc. I have a problem with the type of shit below with a list of what is and isn't allowed. That sounds like an absolute nightmare. The wedding is in Cancun. So if the female guest shows up in dressy sandals (acceptable) but the male guest shows up in the required long-sleeved shirt, tie, and long pants but has the prohibited open toed shoes, will he be barred from the ceremony?

This sounds like an absolute nightmare. Fvck me. It's a beach wedding! It's in Mexico! It should be casual enough where guys aren't being told that they have to wear long sleeves, a tie, pants, and closed toed shoes.

Beach Formal for the Ceremony. Beach Semi-Casual for the Reception

Women:

For the Ceremony, a dress, suit, formal romper, or jumpsuit all work for semi-formal. Feel free to include prints, avoiding anything too loud. Dressy sandals, chunky heels, and wedges are acceptable footwear options. Considering the ceremony will be on the beach, there will be a shoe station available. After the ceremony, Women should opt for a simple sundress, breezy maxi dress, or high-quality romper. While dressy sandals are acceptable, avoid standard, beachwear flip flops.

Men:

For the ceremony, men should wear a breathable, long-sleeved shirt (such as an oxford) and tie with long pants. While a jacket isn’t required, a breathable sport coat or unique blazer is a fun addition. Feel free to include prints, avoiding anything too loud. Shoes can be a little more casual, but still need to be closed-toe, such as a loafer or deck shoe. Shorts, Flannels, and sandals are not permitted. After the ceremony, nice, short-sleeved shirts such as polos are permitted as well as nice shorts (think Chinos) with a belt. Avoid denim, cargo, and swim shorts. Cotton t-shirts are not permitted.

Guests should avoid wearing dark colors.

I came across this wedding attire mandate. I see more and more of these that are insistent on what guests can and can't wear. I can understand dictating formal, black tie, semi-formal, business casual, etc. I have a problem with the type of shit below with a list of what is and isn't allowed. That sounds like an absolute nightmare. The wedding is in Cancun. So if the female guest shows up in dressy sandals (acceptable) but the male guest shows up in the required long-sleeved shirt, tie, and long pants but has the prohibited open toed shoes, will he be barred from the ceremony?

This sounds like an absolute nightmare. Fvck me. It's a beach wedding! It's in Mexico! It should be casual enough where guys aren't being told that they have to wear long sleeves, a tie, pants, and closed toed shoes.

Women:

For the Ceremony, a dress, suit, formal romper, or jumpsuit all work for semi-formal. Feel free to include prints, avoiding anything too loud. Dressy sandals, chunky heels, and wedges are acceptable footwear options. Considering the ceremony will be on the beach, there will be a shoe station available. After the ceremony, Women should opt for a simple sundress, breezy maxi dress, or high-quality romper. While dressy sandals are acceptable, avoid standard, beachwear flip flops.

Men:

For the ceremony, men should wear a breathable, long-sleeved shirt (such as an oxford) and tie with long pants. While a jacket isn’t required, a breathable sport coat or unique blazer is a fun addition. Feel free to include prints, avoiding anything too loud. Shoes can be a little more casual, but still need to be closed-toe, such as a loafer or deck shoe. Shorts, Flannels, and sandals are not permitted. After the ceremony, nice, short-sleeved shirts such as polos are permitted as well as nice shorts (think Chinos) with a belt. Avoid denim, cargo, and swim shorts. Cotton t-shirts are not permitted.

RSVP-I won't be there.

Women:

Men:

sounds to me like someone is a control freak.

Weddings are overrated and a tremendous waste of money and time. The couple should elope, go somewhere they both like, exchange vows and save themselves and family a crap load of money.

Weddings are overrated and a tremendous waste of money and time. The couple should elope, go somewhere they both like, exchange vows and save themselves and family a crap load of money.
I don't go to very many weddings. Just a select view. I see them as very wasteful and time consuming. 50% odds or more they end up divorced anyway. There is always something going on that I would rather do like a ballgame, tv show, golf match, or cleaning out my sock drawer.

My son is dating I have let him know none of that bull shit is on me if they get married. That's her family's deal, not mine.

Are the ties allowed to be breathable?

I laughed at that, too. You have to wear a long sleeve shirt and jacket/blazer in Mexico, but they will allow one that is breathable! I'd wear this bitch:

SgEZ1Jw.jpg

What's wrong with it? Looks standard to me.

Going that in-depth about what is or isn't allowed is far from standard. Standard is giving a general classification of it being "black tie, sundresses, please no jeans or shorts," etc.

But that mother fvcker is far from standard.

Is there some sort of axiom about the inverse relationship between the predicted longevity of the marriage and the length of garment instructions for the wedding?

Because there should be.

Reactions: GK4Herd
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT