ADVERTISEMENT

Well get rid of another lame excuse

If I have to look at other site then what the hell good is this site? I forgot I'm looking for Marshall University information on a Marshall chat site run bye members of the media and free lace helpers
Great. You heard of the promotion here…. Are you buying tickets and coming to the game. We know Sammy isn’t and he “lives in Htgn”.

You are seriously out of touch.
Please, you have no idea what you are talking about. I can assure you, Keith Morehouse would put a 10 second mention into his sportscast if Spears asked him to. It's not like we're dealing with a major network. Don't be such an arrogant ass.

Please, you have no idea what you are talking about. I can assure you, Keith Morehouse would put a 10 second mention into his sportscast if Spears asked him to. It's not like we're dealing with a major network. Don't be such an arrogant ass.
Having been in marketing and sales for 27 years as well as owned my own business and developed consumer based ad campaigns I’ve got a really solid idea what I’m talking about.

You think a “10 second mention by Keith because spears asked him” is going to move the needle in sales??? Good lord…..

Last edited:
Having been in marketing and sales for 27 years as well as owned my own business and developed a consumer based ad campaigns I’ve got a really solid idea what I’m talking about.

You think a “10 second mention by Keith because spears asked him” is going to move the needle in sales??? Good lord…..
same fans think if we slap up some billboards and send a few more emails and the BG donations will just flow right in.

Reactions: raleighherdfan
same fans think if we slap up some billboards and send a few more emails and the BG donations will just flow right in.
Yes sir!

There are countless, justifiable complaints of Marshall dropping the marketing ball on the strategic planning and execution of larger, more impactful marketing campaigns across the University and Athletic department. It would be an interesting topic to discuss.

This 1 week promotion of ticket prices just isn't one of them. As an organization, you are going to go with the fastest, least costly means to get the word out. Will you miss a few old geezers that wouldn't buy a ticket anyway? Yes. The fact is, younger eyeballs (regardless of income) live off their phone/social and dont give 2 damns about a local TV or Newspaper ad because they dont see them (it's why "big" media is bombing).

$13 one time tickets and BG donations are totally different, lol. But, both need the consumer (tickets and the bg) not the other way around.

But, both need the consumer (tickets and the bg) not the other way around.
Of course they do. No one is suggesting otherwise. The discussion here revolves around the time, price, and effective execution of a 1 game/week campaign's return on $$ spent to get consumer butts in seats. Traditional media ad campaign spending just isn't the way to go when factoring in those variables.

My guess is much of the ad buying dollars and campaign development have already been allocated too. This is a huge variable when factoring in the smaller budget Marshall is probably working with.

You folks have missed the ball here, no pun intended. Don't you know that Marshall's intended audience reach, whether it's institutionally or athletically, is the Cabell County line?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT