ADVERTISEMENT

West Virginia is Not Last, But First In Something

wvkeeper(HN)

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 4, 2007
Muswell Hillbilly
"What state has the lowest labor participation rate? It's West Virginia, where only 49.8 percent of people age 16 and up are actually working. The labor participation rate is the "the percentage of the civilian noninstitutional population 16 and over working or looking for work." It includes people who have given up looking for jobs and are thus not captured in the most widely followed measure of unemployment and it also includes civilians who are disabled. Nationally, the labor participation rate in December (the most recent figure) was 62.7 percent. The highest rate is in North Dakota, where the fracking and shale oil boom has pushed the number to 69.5 percent..."

Link

And now the participation rate doesn't include me and my wife as retirees. At least I think it doesn't.

I'm now a 're-employed federal annuitant', working about 10 hours a week helping train my replacement who wasn't hired until 4 months after I retired. That will end in about a month, which will be about the time my wife will complete her training to be a certified dog trainer. At that time we'll begin operating the small dog training business we've already incorporated. I also earn a little bit writing for this site. So will we be participating or not?

Posted from Rivals Mobile
This post was edited on 1/15 8:59 PM by DA4Dherd

DA did you used to own some small sherries and take them to Ritter Park quite often? I lived across from the park back from 98-02 when I was at MU, and took my dog there daily, sometimes 3 times a day. Just curious.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT