ADVERTISEMENT

Why West Virginia is Great

Kate Branson

Silver Buffalo
Dec 16, 2020
Because when you're old, aggravated, fed up with all the bull ****in' shit, West Virginia is the place to get the hell away from all of it.

You can go all these other places that are great, but they're full of damn people. West Virginia in the middle of the state and over in the forest area, over around Richwood, Marlinton, Elkins, that's where to get the hell away and have the whole world to yourself.

My car will break down and I'll die out there probably someday, all because I'm too stupid to go ahead and get that new Maxima now.

Well, this is what makes WV great though. I went all those other places in the world and the United States. They sucked, mainly because they were overcrowded with idiots. WV is too if you go anywhere other people like. Have to find where they hate or don't know about.

Elkins is rather crowded. Better head out to Glady.

I'll be real here: in WV you have to try to get isolated. It's not on the paved road. I've been places out on the Plains that are incredibly isolated right on the state highway. It's a function of geography. WV, people and roads are usually in the valleys which are narrow. No such shit out on the Plains. I once saw a mile wide tornado hit nothing for 20 minutes, and watched it from a paved state road. No houses, no barns, not even a fvcking tree.

I know, but I prefer the WV forest so I can go back to Greenbottom on Sundays.

Indiana and Illinois have some good places for solitude, but it's just not my kind. I like it dark and down in a hole somewhere. Too much sun where it's flat, but it's nice out off of I-74 if you have to go there.

I would like to live in Elkins, or at least close by. Barbour County looks good too. But damn it's cold up there. Might as well stand naked along Lake Michigan in the winter. Elkins is definitely more brutal. Get your ass kicked up there in Elkins if you run your mouth. That's how it should be.

Reactions: AmeriKenny
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT