ADVERTISEMENT

What a mess , only 4 teams in CUSA have overall winning records.

CONFERENCE USA

EAST CONF. W-L OVERALL W-L

M. Tenn. St. 2-0 4-1
Old Dominion 2-0 3-2
W. Kentucky 1-0 3-2

FIU 1-0 1-4
Marshall 0-0 1-3
Charlotte 0-1 1-4
FAU 0-1 1-4

WEST CONF. W-L OVERALL W-L

Southern Miss 2-0 4-1

Louisiana Tech 1-1 2-3
North Texas 1-1 2-3
UTSA 0-1 1-3
UTEP 0-2 1-4
Rice 0-3 0-5

Going to be quite a battle for the bottom of the heap. Rice UTEP UTSA FAU Charlotte FIU and The Herd.

I would not place THE HERD with the bottom feeders. Our record (except for the Akron loss) is where I predicted our young team (lots of new defensive guys) would be going into CUSA play.

Keep the faith.........

HerdZilla22 in Charlotte (Gary Sweeney)

Reactions: Galloway27
So other than 1/4th of the schedule, our record is about where it should be? Wow. Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the theatre? Fact is the Akron game told you all you need to know.

So other than 1/4th of the schedule, our record is about where it should be? Wow. Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the theatre? Fact is the Akron game told you all you need to know.

Sam...I beg to differ......Mrs Clinton. Theater is really good.....

Herd led Akron 21-7...then everything possible that could go wrong for Marshall happened in the Zips second quarter (34-0). Do you really believe that Terry Bowden's team is superior to The HERD? I coach on the high school level (baseball) and sometimes when the "Big MO" gets going against you....it is difficult to recover....proven by the Zip's 2nd quarter outburst (34-0) created by Marshall's offensive ERRORS!

I am not ready to give up on the 2016 The HERD...........

The Guys & Staff must mount a win streak against CUSA competition starting at N. Texas, Saturday (-11 for MU is the early betting line).. Hopefully, two wins against FIU (Homecoming) & Charlotte in Huntington will get The Herd on course (3-0 CUSA East). I predict a tough, physical loss at So Miss (Halloween weekend). MU must win at ODU to start November's slate. Nov. 12 & Nov. 26 brings MTSU & WKU to The JOAN....must wins if Marshall plans to meet So. Miss in the Title Game, @ So Miss.. FIU on the road (11/19/2016) might prove to be difficult. I predict 7-1 in CUSA East to head back to So Miss in December for the $$$$$.

Time will tell....just when is BASKETBALL SEASON STARTING???.....LOL

HerdZilla22 (Sweeney in Charlotte)

Good luck with that. Fundamentally, we play nothing the next 3 weeks and all any loss or even a close game tells you the team has quit. All the "we have turned the corner" ho-ha can play out until the beat downs resume on the 29th.

This is not a good team.

IMHO the problem this year is that it took our coaches too long to trust the physical capabilities of our defense; and too long to realize that good coaching against us would quickly uncover our DB weaknesses. Add to that the fact that Litton was crushed and should not have been put back in the game against Akron, and we are just exactly where I thought we would be.

I never expected anything too good against Lvle, and expected us to be ready and beat Pitt. The second half of Pitt was as good as MU has played in years (without the last 1.47 minutes anyway. I watched FIU vs FAU game, the talent pool is noticably different between us and them. The same will be true for ODU and Charlotte. And I've watched USM several times; honestly expect us to beat them in their own house as well. MTSU, goes our way due to our ability (just like USM) to get to their QB; WKU may be a different story as they have undoubtedly the best offensive line in the conference.

I'm saying we have a chance to win 10 more games this year, and a high probability of doing so. So I'm still all in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT